OT It's really raining!

Old November 14th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default OT It's really raining!

It's raining! there are puddles of water on the ground.
And the sky is black with more rain clouds. Oh the joyous
sound of rain on the roof!!

Of course it is also freezing cold - literally. We are a
few weeks out from the start of summer and it snowed above
600m last night and I had frost (30F) the night before -
but it IS raining. Everything smells different. Maybe from
this we will get enough grass for the farmers to feed their
stock for a week or two. And farm tanks and dams may fill
at least until Christmas.

Despite the COLD there are people standing in their doorways
just watching the rain fall.

It's a beautiful dark cloudy windy cold WET day here!!!!

I may make a cup of tea and just sit and watch the water
fall from the sky. Please - let it continue.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

Old November 14th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Update was It's really raining!

Well it's not raining anymore. It's hailing.

Still the hail will melt, so we are grateful for water in
any form.

(Hhhmmmmmmm Think I might turn the heater on today)

--

:
[...]
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
: o o o o o o
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: Enness Boofhead Donut
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest

Old November 15th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
C & S

WOOOOHOOOOOO! I'm rain daincing! Thanks for the wonderful news. Oh how I
hope you guys gets lots of rain. You have a lot of catching up to do!

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Treasure your Mind, Cherish your Reason, Hold to your Purpose
Epictetus (52 c.e - 135 c.e.)

Old November 15th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

CATS wrote:
Well it's not raining anymore. It's hailing.

Still the hail will melt, so we are grateful for water in
any form.

(Hhhmmmmmmm Think I might turn the heater on today)

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ

That's fantastic Cheryl. It is surely needed. I fly down to Mel early
tomorrow and am just starting to pack some warm clothes! Only a 4day
trip this time. We're auctioning deceased MIL's house on Sunday. the
forecast is for 25C on Sunday, but they've been wrong before hey. just
hope it is fine at 1pm.
Sorry you cant make our morning coffee with Shaz. I'll try to remember
to take some pix.
Cheers
Bronnie

Old November 15th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"CATS" wrote:

It's raining! there are puddles of water on the ground.
And the sky is black with more rain clouds. Oh the joyous
sound of rain on the roof!!

Of course it is also freezing cold - literally. We are a
few weeks out from the start of summer and it snowed above
600m last night and I had frost (30F) the night before -
but it IS raining. Everything smells different. Maybe from
this we will get enough grass for the farmers to feed their
stock for a week or two. And farm tanks and dams may fill
at least until Christmas.

Despite the COLD there are people standing in their doorways
just watching the rain fall.

It's a beautiful dark cloudy windy cold WET day here!!!!

I may make a cup of tea and just sit and watch the water
fall from the sky. Please - let it continue.

Congratulations, Cheryl! I know how important it is for you to have
rain. We're in the middle of a draught here in the LV area, but at least
we aren't trying to feed stock.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old November 15th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Well it could be 30C by Sunday. You know what they say
about Melb - we don't have weather, we have climate.

If you don't like the weather when you look out the window
just wait five minutes!

Have fun with the meet-up. And good luck with the Auction
too

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o
( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
Enness Boofhead Donut
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Bronnie" wrote in message
ups.com...
:

Old November 15th 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tamara

We have been having rain this week too. It started raining Sunday night
and lasted most of Monday. Today was clear and beautiful. I love the
day after it rains. Everything looks and smells good.

Tamara

Old November 15th 06, 11:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Wonderful! I will rejoice and happy dance and share a cup of tea with you
while we watch the rain. I am in the desert Southwest of the US, and we've
been enduring a drought for almost 10 years now. Drought in the desert is
pretty scary!!! We did have a good monsoon season this year, which helped.
I am hoping now for some good fall rains to help replenish the aquifer.

Love the smell of rain. In Minnesota, it smells earthy and rich. We used
to get two or three day drizzles that the farmers call a "million-dollar
rain" for its effect on crops. Desert rain smells acrid, with the scent of
dust being wetted down and the tang of greasewood, and it rarely lasts more
than an hour or so. I enjoy rain in both places very much, but desert rain
is more precious and I like to sit outside and enjoy the smell and the
sound...and the light show, during monsoon season. Lightning is fun to
watch when it isn't too close. grin

Best wishes for continued rains, Cheryl.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old November 15th 06, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

I just heard from Patti that Scotland has had it's first
light snow fall of the year. I can beat a bit of snow in
Scotland!

In NSW we had snow on the bushfires in the Blue Mtns (where
I used to live) and we have three enormous icebergs floating
up from Antarctica to
NZ.
http://tinyurl.com/yfdlrr
http://tinyurl.com/y9v4xr

The rain has been great here. Everything smells clean! But
it will probably be in the high 80sF again by next week

I will continue to hope that it rains for you over there as
well as more here.

--

"Carolyn McCarty" wrote in message
[...]
: If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. --Carolyn McCarty
:
: If at first you don't succeed, switch to power
ools. --Red Green
: If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger
ammer. --Carolyn McCarty
:
: "CATS" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

IT'S RAINING IN ARKANSAS - FINALLY! SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 25 January 17th 06 06:42 AM
OT It's raining! KJ Quilting 11 August 12th 05 01:17 AM
It's raining treadles Kathy Applebaum Quilting 14 November 9th 04 03:40 AM
It's raining Cats and Dogs Christina Peterson Beads 5 August 3rd 03 06:12 PM