OT (sorta?) It's happening again!

Old July 10th 04, 02:18 PM
Candace

Okay, I understand that people have been eating deer forever, but I just have
to ask--how can anyone eat Bambi?

Just my own personal hang up. The same goes for Thumper.

No one even has to reply to this--I fully understand that A) it might actually
taste good, and B) even if it doesn't, there are times when there simply isn't
any other way to go. I get all that, honest.

But no Bambi on my dinner plate, please
I'm failry certain that had I been born a generation earlier, I wouldn't care.
But I was young and very impressionable when Bambi came out (it was the second
movie I ever saw in theater, after Rainbow Bright) and it sorta stuck with me,
yanno?

hehe. You know...we're doing some of that...mmmmmm, blackberries, only a few
more
weeks to go. We have friends that (sorry for the grossness here....) obtain
deer
that have been hit by cars, so they're going to be giving us some of the
venison.
These same friends catch lots of fish every year, and they share their
catches with
us, because there is no possible way they can eat it all. Ah, life is good
in the
food lane.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
When we were really, really poor, when I was a teenager, we had to live
on the kindness of neighbors and what we could harvest out of the
wild... so we ate a lot of crab, salmon, oysters, venison, blackberries,
Shaggy Manes and Chantarelles.

Poor, poor us.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Jalynne wrote:
Not to mention the really good mushrooms are expensive...I mean REALLY

expensive,
like $30 a pound!

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old July 10th 04, 03:38 PM
Ray DeVous

:'(

KDK wrote:

Oh sorry - all gone.

Kathy K
"Ray DeVous" wrote in message

...I'm back, had to get milk. Pass me a plate of cookies.

Ray

KDK wrote:

Agh - shortbread, macadamias, AND dark chocolate????

Old July 10th 04, 03:58 PM
Ray DeVous

Su.......once again you and I are on the same wave length. Bottle =
place resulting liquid in baby bottles with nipples for easy of
consumption, cleanliness and ease of transport when traveling around
during daily work day or chores. Just think how much more pleasant
scabbing the bathroom or that 3 hour sales conference will be if you
have something to quench you dry throat.

Ray

Su/Cutworks wrote:

Sooz wrote:

Heat water, coffee and sugar. Bring to a boil, simmer for 1 hour
uncovered. Cool. Stir in vodka and vanilla. Bottle.

I don't understand the last word.

Bottle=container for drinking from to save dribbling down your front from
the saucepan.

-Su

Old July 10th 04, 04:02 PM
Margie

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 00:42:45 -0700, Kalera Stratton
wrote:

Replace it with "drink", then it makes sense.

Ha! Then it's back to Carla's party. :=)

--
Margie
http://www.picturetrail.com/margiek

Old July 10th 04, 05:59 PM
Candace

Come here little Venison! Roast Beef! Time to come in! Chicken Patty
Sandwhich! Come here girl! Oh Rack Of Lamb!!!!

lololololololololol

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from huh
(Candace) :

]Okay, I understand that people have been eating deer forever, but I just
have
]to ask--how can anyone eat Bambi?

's okay.
i agree with you.
especially since i have so many of them wander through my yard.
i was told one, by a cousin who lived on a farm in Kansas, that it's
okay as long as you don't give them names.
because she couldn't eat the cows her husband brought in to fatten up.
because she made pets of them and got to know them.
so she tried names like 'Hamburger', etc.
that didn't work, either.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books)
http://www.booksnbytes.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/new.html
-----------
and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Old July 10th 04, 07:02 PM
Dr. Sooz

My generation (born 1954) turned out a lot of non-hunters -- because of Bambi.
It came out way ahead of your generation, so if you'd been born earlier, you
would've avoided Bambi & Thumper meals too, in all probability. (I haven't
eaten mammal since 1976, myself.) You aren't alone. :-)

But I was young and very impressionable when Bambi came out (it was the
second
movie I ever saw in theater, after Rainbow Bright) and it sorta stuck with
me,
yanno?

~~
Sooz
Old July 10th 04, 07:03 PM
Dr. Sooz

I don't understand the last word.

I think my friend used shorthand there. Bottle = pour into a bottle
for storage and decanting.

See? I don't get that.

Drink it all NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~~
Sooz
Old July 10th 04, 07:03 PM
Dr. Sooz

Margie, it would be my guess (and my plan of action, too!) that Sooz meant
she
didn't understand "bottle" as in--why the heck would it ever make it into a
bottle, when there's a perfectly good person (Sooz) waiting for it to go
into?!?!?!?

hahahahahahahahahahaha!

YEAH! SEE? glug glug glug
~~
Sooz

OT sorta, AD sorta, burned myself Kandice Seeber Beads 29 June 12th 04 06:30 AM
I'm back, sorta! c driver Beads 3 April 8th 04 10:53 PM
OT, sorta Kalera Stratton Beads 3 September 19th 03 01:49 AM
Apologies - OT sorta laura Beads 0 September 18th 03 01:39 PM