For Sale: Janome / Kenmore Sewing & EMBROIDERY Machine 19001 w/ Reader / Writer box

Old March 30th 05, 02:54 AM
SewFunSewCrazy

Default For Sale: Janome / Kenmore Sewing & EMBROIDERY Machine 19001 w/ Reader / Writer box

I am selling my Kenmore 19001 (exactly the same machine as the Janome
5700)Sewing/Embroidery Machine. I have purchased a new machine and I
have another Kenmore computerized sewing machine so I need to clear out
a little room!!!

This machine is in PERFECT working condition.

I will also include a reader / writer box and the Easy Import and Easy
Edit Software. This way you can use all of those fantastic free designs
on the internet without buying all of the expensive cards.

+ included are THOUSANDS of designs in the SEW format (which is what
this machine uses.)& a copy of BUZZ tools so you can convert almost any
design into the SEW format to be compatible with your machine.

Worth over $3500

$850 or best offer. Please email me at with any
questions.

Thank you.

Jaime

Old March 30th 05, 04:26 AM
SewFunSewCrazy

Thanks. Sorry I didn't realize that there was a marketplace. Have a
nice day.

Jaime

Old March 30th 05, 07:44 AM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article .com,
SewFunSewCrazy of http://groups.google.com uttered
Thanks. Sorry I didn't realize that there was a marketplace. Have a
nice day.

Jaime

Have a look via Google. You'll also find the charter for this NG, as
well as two threads *very* recently where other posters have been asked
not to post adverts here. r.c.t.marketplace was created a few years ago
when the craft-related groups were being swamped with advertising
clutter. It's also good netiquette to both read the charter and lurk for
a while to get a feel for what is acceptable in any particular forum.
--

AJH
alpha dot hotel echo yankee whisky oscar oscar delta at tango echo
Old March 30th 05, 01:59 PM
SewFunSewCrazy

Okay. I apologized three hours before your posted!!.

Have lurked and read quite a few times over the past few years. I have
even bought a basic sewing machine for my Daughter from a nice lady
that posted it here. I also took a few minutes to check out more in
depth messages. I guess *cat bowling* would be considered MORE sewing
related than an Embroidery Machine that a person who SEWS may like to
purchase. I know I am more interested in sewing machines for sale than
cat games, but I guess it depends who is posting.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...9b b9c6755ddb

I am sure the above has irritated you also, so I will apologize again.

Happy day. Jaime

Old March 30th 05, 06:30 PM
Irene Scott

Be aware this is truly a global newsgroup and the poster may not live in
the same time zone as you.

Also, different 'ways' of reading or posting to newsgroups will affect
'when' a post shows up. For example, posting via the Google interface
is amazingly time consuming, new posts can take up to a day or more to
appear!

Just saying the poster probably didn't see your apology before they
posted their message.

Old March 30th 05, 07:08 PM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article .com,
SewFunSewCrazy of http://groups.google.com uttered
Okay. I apologized three hours before your posted!!.

Have lurked and read quite a few times over the past few years. I have
even bought a basic sewing machine for my Daughter from a nice lady
that posted it here. I also took a few minutes to check out more in
depth messages. I guess *cat bowling* would be considered MORE sewing
related than an Embroidery Machine that a person who SEWS may like to
purchase. I know I am more interested in sewing machines for sale than
cat games, but I guess it depends who is posting.

The post to which you refer was part of some daft banter and light
relief floating around following a fairly long-lasting thread which
wandered all over the place. Which you would know if you'd been around
for more than five mins. Incidentally, I found in the Google archive a
grand total of *one* (count it - one) post from you on any topic
whatsoever, and that was from 2003 and over in alt.sewing. You asked for
opinions/ information about software, but volunteered/ contributed
absolutely nothing yourself. Presumably this sums up your level of
interest?

Those of us who actually SEW as you put it (and I do, for a living as it
happens) do have additional topics of conversation. Those of us wanting
to buy a machine will go and look for one - and then possibly ask around
to see what anyone actually knows about a particular marque/ model. We
can all work a search engine sufficiently to find the classifieds. I
remember the rec.crafts groups in the late 1990s when Ebay started up,
and I doubt any of us really want to go back there..

I re-iterate: this was one of a number of groups some time ago which was
being swamped with potty little adverts - some of them sewing related,
but not all. Look in the archives fromm1997-98 onwards and you'll find
the discussions - I took part in some of them, even.

rct.marketplace is immediately adjacent to this group in the Google
groups list. Its name does give a *bit* of a clue.

From
http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-dir...faq/part1.html

NAME: rec.crafts.marketplace
CHARTER: This group will get all the ads for fiber, fabric, crafts
supplies
and so on that otherwise would clutter the other rec.crafts
groups.
This should preferably be restricted to individuals or very
small companies who really can't afford other advertising.

NAME: rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace
CHARTER: This group is for selling, buying, trading, and "jobs
offered/sought"
postings related to textiles and any of the textile arts.
Announcements of textile and textile arts business's web pages
are also
welcome. Individual, one-time transactions are welcome in this
group,
as are commercial advertisements.

Old March 30th 05, 08:06 PM
SewFunSewCrazy

Actually I have also used AOL to access newsgroups until
recently.........so I had to create a google id to use newsgroups
again!!! Thank you for your interest!

*************************Please note: Beginning early 2005, AOL will no
longer be providing direct access to newsgroups. We apologize for any
inconvenience.*******************************(mess age from AOL)

And actually I SEW for a living too. I create custom handbags and
totes. Excuse me for lisiting an ad for a sewing machine. I thought
someone would be interested that is fine if you are not. I highly
doubt EVERYONE wants you or anyone else speaking for them. I am a nice
person and I do not send rude posts to every NON_SEWING comment made
out there. Here or on any board. I personally would prefer that a
post have SOMETHING TO DO with sewing. Not banter. Not cats.

Okay back to being nice.

Old March 31st 05, 03:25 PM
Irene Scott

SewFunSewCrazy wrote:

Actually I have also used AOL to access newsgroups until
recently.........so I had to create a google id to use newsgroups
again!!! Thank you for your interest!

*************************Please note: Beginning early 2005, AOL will no
longer be providing direct access to newsgroups. We apologize for any
inconvenience.*******************************(mes sage from AOL)

And actually I SEW for a living too. I create custom handbags and
totes. Excuse me for lisiting an ad for a sewing machine. I thought
someone would be interested that is fine if you are not. I highly
doubt EVERYONE wants you or anyone else speaking for them. I am a nice
person and I do not send rude posts to every NON_SEWING comment made
out there. Here or on any board. I personally would prefer that a
post have SOMETHING TO DO with sewing. Not banter. Not cats.

Okay back to being nice.

It really has nothing to do with being nice or not being nice. Ads don't
belong here and group members know that. So we really are *not* interested.

And if you didn't know, you could have asked first.

Yes a few ads do get buy,my filters catch a lot, so they don't even show
up and so no I don't see/respond to every single ad or off topic post
that is posted -- but if I don't respond then someone else usually does.
By and large IMHO we're pretty polite about it.

As to off topic posts - the main thing is most are marked OT by our
conscious members, giving other members the option to decide whether or
not to read them or go onto the next topic.

-Irene
Old March 31st 05, 03:38 PM
SewFunSewCrazy

Which is exactly what I do and what I though people that would NOT be
interested in an Embroidery Machine for sale would do. I did not
realize it would be so complicated to just NOT read the post if you did
not want to. The same way I do with posts about "where are you all" or
"cats" or "vacations"

So pardon me when yes I do believe that it does have something to do
with *NICE*

I actually had some inquiries from fellow board readers, so NOT
EVERYONE shares the same opinion, and that is OKAY!!

Embroidery software futa Machine Knit 0 February 6th 05 07:13 AM
sewing machine embroidery Pebbles Machine Knit 0 October 2nd 03 05:36 AM
CHINESE EMBROIDERY HISTORY & MORE Zoe Marketplace 0 August 7th 03 06:46 AM
Auctions Ending Sunday July26 - Tuesday... SewingTrader Machine Knit 0 July 25th 03 05:06 PM
SewingTrader Auctions Ending this Sunday to Tuesday DS Machine Knit 0 July 24th 03 11:02 PM