Praising Great Customer Service

Old February 17th 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
oldhag

Default Praising Great Customer Service

I need to tell everyone about the online shopping experience I recently
had. You see, I pretty much shop online, cause the nearest place to shop
for fabrics is 60 miles away and it's either Wally World or the quilt
shop but they charge way too much for my humble quilts But I
digress,.....I received a notice of a sale happening the last few days
of 2007. So I took stock of my stash and filled my basket with fabrics
in the colours I thought I really needed(ya right). Now normally this
place sends the order out quickly but with the holidays and the fact
that this was a special sale the web site said it might take longer to
get the order. No problem, I can wait. Well I waited and sorta forgot
about my order. When I finally asked about it I received an email back
apologizing for the slip up and she was sending me a part of my order as
the rest was not available. They credited my paypal account with my full
purchase price and a further bonus she sent my the partial order for
....FREE... I received 8 yards of fabric in the mail the other day. I
can't believe it! That was going way beyond what I felt was necessary
to appease me.So I am telling you all that www.wazoodle.com is a great
place to shop. and I am not affiliated in any way with this place...just
one very satisfied customer.
I'm off my soapbox now and back to playing with my stash.
Donna inNWONtario
Old February 17th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Do businesses realize how much they benefit in the long run when they do the
right thing by their customers? I sometimes wonder!

I can never understand why places (especially places like restaurants or
other "service" based places) do not take the time (and expense) to
thoroughly train their employees. I won't hesitate to pass on the name of
places where product and service are exemplary. Nor will I be hesitant of
speaking out when my experience was less than stellar. I'll usually give
them a second chance... but a third... rarely.

Guess I'm old school. Treat people well... and fairly and they will always
come back... and often bring their friends!

I'll have to check out wazoodle -- because I buy a lot of fabric online as
well! Sounds like a good place to spend my $$$.

--
Kate in MI

Old February 17th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marie Dodge[_2_]

"oldhag" wrote in message
I'm off my soapbox now and back to playing with my stash.
Donna inNWONtario

I hit Hancocks again yesterday since I was going into the city anyway. So I
too played with my stash this morning. I washed it, dried it and ironed it.
It's all ready to "go." :^) I also bought myself a Triangle ruler thingie
(Easy Angle). I love it! I'm still working on my boat-lighthouse quilt -
when I'm not fondling, playing with and digging through all my old quilting
"stuff."

Old February 18th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default Kicking crummy Customer Service

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 20:58:29 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Ever try to buy fabric at a Feed Store? Polly

All up around the lake we have an amazement of odd shops.
While the most famous of them may be "Al's Bait and Porn", we also
have "Molly Brown's Agway and Craft Supplies". I kid you not!
If I wanted to hike on up to there (it is a bit of a ways on foot, 20
minutes by car or thereabouts) I could buy fabric and feed all in the
same place. Feed store is up front, crafts are out back. She is kind
of indiscriminate in her stocking at the craft shop, so you might find
something glorious or you might find burlap. You just never know.

NightMist
--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.
Old February 18th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

On Feb 17, 7:24*am, oldhag wrote:
I need to tell everyone about the online shopping experience I recently
had. . Donna inNWONtario

Donna thank you so much for the site. I have it saved. It sounds
like a wonderful place to shop.

GrammyKathy
Old February 18th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

Yes, but It came with 100 lbs. of chicken feed sewn insid of it!

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 20:58:29 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

And from a Cranky Pants Polly - I ordered 7 yards of fabric from Quilting
Bee in Arizona online. After a week, make that ten days of no response, I
began to bombard them with emails. Finally, a lame and indifferent email
came in - "Well, we tried to phone you that we only had 1 5/8 yards".
Tried to call me? Do they imagine I sit by the phone in case it would
be convenient for them to call? Indeed, I do not. How clairvoyant would
they have to be to realize that if I ordered by email, I could also READ
email?
I can deal just fine with small shops online that only ship when they
can. I'm okay when they tell me something I order is unavailable. Patience
is one of my few virtues. "Well, we tried to call you" puts them right at
the top of my Nevermore list. Doesn't matter if they're giving their fabric
away.
OTOH my orders from Sunshine Sewing and Wish Upon a Quilt got here so
fast I hardly had time to open my umbrella and wade out to the mailbox. I
can not even imagine how wonderful it would be to be blessed with an LQS.

Old February 19th 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"Polly Esther" wrote in message

Tried to call me? Do they imagine I sit by the phone in case it would
be convenient for them to call? Indeed, I do not. How clairvoyant would
they have to be to realize that if I ordered by email, I could also READ
email?

Isn't it irritating when stores do that? I had a problem with my Dell
computer recently, and needed repair parts.

Long story short, I had problems with the order and emailed Dell to ask
about the order. Their response? Call customer service. Excuse me? Why have
an email address if you are going to tell me to call? If I had WANTED to
call, I would have done that in the first place. Sheesh.

As it happened, I had pneumonia when they got around to emailing, and I
couldn't speak more than 3 words without coughing. I emailed them back
explaining that, and their response was "call customer service and explain
this". Guess which company I will NOT be buying from again.

PS still don't have the parts. We're working on jury rigging a solution.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old February 19th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
JPgirl

On Feb 18, 12:17*am, (NightMist) wrote:

............... While the most famous of them may be "Al's Bait and Porn", ...................

Ok that might seriously be THE best name for a bait shop I have ever
heard of!!!!!
I know of more than a few guys I am sure that would shop there!

LMAO
Old February 19th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

............... While the most famous of them may be "Al's Bait and Porn", ...................

that is toooo funny!!!
we have an Agway here, but all they're feed comes in plastic woven
bags or plain plastic bags. no pretty cloth ones here either, too bad,
they were nice.

amy in CNY