Newspaper clippings in scrapbook albums - Off Topic

Old October 2nd 04, 09:48 PM
Bob and Brenda McLeish

Default Newspaper clippings in scrapbook albums - Off Topic

Thanks Alison for getting some conversation going, and while you are all
checking in can anyone help with an idea for including a newspaper write up
on My Grandparents wedding into a scrapbook for my Mum's 80th birthday. I
have already used the wedding photos and it is a long fat column of wedding
write up. On the page there is also a "Society" write up of weddings in the
are which includes more on the wedding and an account of a soiree held by my
Great Grandparents so that's a total of three items I would like to include
(not a lot of news that week!) If I use the whole copied page it takes up
almost a complete album page and looks boring..:-0
If I cut them out on their own, then what? Thanks for your ideas. Brenda

Old October 6th 04, 02:42 AM
hansen

Brenda,
Scan the newspaper into a computer and resize as background paper (or
have the copy shop do it for you). On regular thin computer paper you
can change the color with dye inks or chalks. Try tearing some of the
paper copy into pieces to put behind a picture or tear out some of the
words and use as captions. Should be neat.
Janet

Old October 10th 04, 01:07 AM
Bob and Brenda McLeish

Thank you - great ideas - like the background paper one, have a scanner too
:-) Any special ideas for black and white photos too? Am trying to hurry
this scrap book up for My Mum's 80th and most of the photos are black and
white for quite a way yet... Thanks again.

Old October 10th 04, 03:41 AM
Tanya & Jimmy Williams

Black and white photos also look great on black paper then some white vellum
paper .. the black shows through to give a greyish tinge to the vellum to
match the b/w photos .

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

Tanya Williams
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
(302) 539-4783
(302) 745-3485
44 Shawnee Drive
Dagsboro DE 19939

Old October 10th 04, 06:08 PM
hansen

Pictures can be made to look old fashioned in one of the picture
programs - adobe, printshop, etc. Check in the different menus. I have
a freeware program that does it for me. I like to turn color pictures
into black and white or a sepia color, depending on what I'm doing.

Old October 11th 04, 02:26 AM
Tanya & Jimmy Williams

Another option for scrapping old black & white photos, to give a rustic look
to backgorunds for mats, have you tried crumpling wet cardstock and doing a
little direct to paper technique with the ink to give it the old worn look ,
then flatten and let it dry and use to mat photos on... looks beautiful and
is great for older hertitage type photos
Tanya