Doll made from mop head

Old August 5th 03, 12:25 AM
julie

Default Doll made from mop head

A mop doll is the same as a yarn doll.
Mop Doll/ Yarn Doll:
you will need, Mop head( plain gathered center type) cotton twine
small styrene ball.

Insert the styrene ball under the center gather.
Arrange the strings of the mop to cover the ball.
Take a piece of string and tie at the botom of the head where all of
the mop strings are now. This is your head.
Now take a few strands to the left and right of the mop head and
braid. When you have finished braiding take both ends of the " arms"
and secure them together to make a loop.
Divide the remaining kops strands in half and bring the " hand areas
into the center. Re drape the mops strands over it. the braids will be
doubled.
To secure the arms in place take apiece of twine and tie just under
the area. SO it looks like a breast area.
Take another piece of twine and gather remaining strands. Tie at "
waist". to create torso.
Now divide the remaining sarnds into left and right bundles. Either
braid or wrap twine so that they form legs.
Now you can make felt clothing. If you desire that the hands become
the hangers, simply omit the arm into brast step and loop up. but tie
a section to be top of bodice.

julie

"Crafty Claire" wrote in message ...
Hi

I'm trying to find instructions on how to make a doll from a mop head.
I saw one a few years ago but can't remember how it was made.

It's an ornament type that you would hang on a wall. Different
sections of the mop were gathered to make the arms and legs etc. It
also had a dress, not sure what the face was like.

I'm a youth leader (teenagers) and thought this would be a fun craft
item to make.

If anyone can help with this request or if anyone has other ideas, I'd
be very grateful.

Thanks

Old August 5th 03, 05:38 AM
Liz

Hi Julie,

There's another pattern (a LOT more complicated) at the HGTV web site:
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_dolls/ar...370873,00.html

Liz

--
"Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here!"
(Sign the back of your driver's license and discuss it with your next of

Old August 18th 03, 08:39 PM
Geri

Try looking herehttp://home.att.net/~DLeddy/Angel.html

Also, Susan McNeil has craft leaflets on the subject of mop dolls...maybe
you could spot on on Ebay or Half.com.

Happy hunting!!!

Mother Bones

om...