DWR solution

Old March 2nd 04, 08:56 PM
Marijke

Default DWR solution

If you read about my saga and the smudged sharpey... I took the block out
and am in the midst of sewing in a new one. I figured that it would always
bother me and I'd be bound to point it out to the bride so... this way, it's
outta there for sure.

Thanks for all the help,
Marijke

Old March 3rd 04, 01:43 PM
Pat in Virginia

Yep, it WOULD always bother you, so good to have it out. Now how
it the world are you setting in the block in a basted quilt? Are
you doing it sort of like applique, but with batting in back
rather than the fabric? Good Luck Marijke!
PAT in VA/USA

Old March 3rd 04, 03:15 PM
Marijke

It wasn't as difficult as it may seem. I actually left the quilt in the
frame and carefully snipped out the stitches. Since it was hand pieced, that
was easier than if I had machine pieced it. I lifted it off, then sprayed
the replacement piece with spray adhesive and replaced it, whip stitched it
back in.

It doesn't look exactly like the others as the seam lines aren't quite as
crisp, but it's a big improvement.

Marijke

Marijke wrote:

If you read about my saga and the smudged sharpey... I took the block

out
and am in the midst of sewing in a new one. I figured that it would

always
bother me and I'd be bound to point it out to the bride so... this way,

it's
outta there for sure.

Thanks for all the help,
Marijke

Salt and vinegar pickling solution? J. Dawson Jewelry 15 February 12th 05 04:08 AM
The Diplomatic Solution Mary Quilting 7 February 2nd 04 01:33 AM
Etching solution Beelzebub Jewelry 4 January 30th 04 04:55 AM
Quilter's Solution Software--my opinion Kathy in CA Quilting 3 November 14th 03 09:17 PM
Etching solution question bluemaxx Beads 4 October 26th 03 05:23 PM