Ot i wanted for once to see

Old September 11th 03, 09:46 PM
Brenda Lewis

I guess I will give up. Strong's Complete Dictionary of Bible Words
says "marbeq" [their spelling--definition matches what you said] appears
twice in the KJV. I downloaded the KJV from Project Gutenberg but
cannot find the word in the text. I searched for the string "marb" but
the only instances that came up were for the word "marble". It drives
me crazy when I can't find something that is supposed to exist! I would
guess the word was used in the original King James Version but has been
changed in the newer versions.

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Because years ago i once read it in an English version of the story ,
and lately when i checked it is translated into Feeding -Stall . ,
Not in the most Modern Dictionary ,,, it is an Old word after all ,
mirjam

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: ...on hiatus...

Old September 12th 03, 12:07 AM
Dr. Brat

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Your posts have been rather Anti-Israeli , only from your Holy chair ,
you think that if you scold somebody it is not scolding ,,,,,

And I have also defended Israel against false accusations, Mirjam, don't
forget that. For example on August 24, you thanked me for writing the
following:

I'd say that's a simplistic and rather inflamatory answer, Sheena.
There have always been Jews in that area. The number began to increase
markedly in the late nineteenth century as Jewish people fled
persecution in Europe. For the most part, they bought land from
absentee landlords and set about making a living for themselves.
Sometimes they lived peacefully with the Arab populations and sometimes
they didn't. Often when they didn't it had more to do with outside
agitation than their own wishes to cause trouble.

Elizabeth

Thank you Elizabeth [ I have not seen the original post ] for this
almost accurate explanation and correcting Sheena `s incitive post=
with deliberate false facts.

I have
been many a time silent and do not see the problem , sometimes i am
not free to write in length and sometimes i just think that enough is
enough ,, with you it is never good , when i answer you scold me ,

That's not true.

when i am silent you scold me ,,,,, have you made up your mind , i

When have I scolded you for being silent? I think you err in thinking this.

have thanked you several times , when i felt like it , have you Ever
said ONE kind word my way ,,,, of course not , because you think that
not scolding is enough .

I *have* said kind things about you, Mirjam, and defended you against
others when they were too far out of line and I know you saw them
because you thanked me for them. On January 8, 2003, you thanked me for
this post (which by the way puts the lie to your accusation that I never
scold Pat Porter):

Gallows humor about a situation that you and I share may be funny to us.
Gallows humor about another person's situtation is at best in poor
taste. And with all humor, timing is important. A joke about
Palestinian bombing in not funny 3 days after a bombing, though it might
be in a few weeks, in my opinion. And I do have to question Pat
Porter's timing. The post to which she responded has been there for
weeks; why respond now?

Elizabeth in Salem, MA

I could find more, but what's the point? You only remember the
disagreeable things.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old September 12th 03, 12:11 AM
Dr. Brat

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Alas I have no time to reread everypost she deffinitly spoke about the
princess in Present time ,,, But sorry , you must have your way ,, so
have it ,,, whatever you say ,,,,just keep it ,, you are always right

Yes, she did say something about the Princess in the present tense. She
said that she is a good example of a sloan ranger. This was the correct
use of the present tense, even though Diana is dead. Why is it you'd
rather accuse me of always having to be right than admit that you
misread something? Is that not also an example of someone always having
to be right?

You are the pot calling the kettle black, Mirjam.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old September 12th 03, 04:45 AM
Dawne Peterson

"Brenda Lewis"
I would guess the word was used in the original King James Version

but has been changed in the newer versions.

If the word marbeq or marbek appears in the KJV, it is not in the Nativity
narrative in either of the gospels where that appears. I would be somewhat
surprised if it did, since the purpose of the King James Version was to
give the people of England a version of the Bible in their own language,
and I do not expect Hebrew was widely spoken. The term "manger" appears in
the St. Luke account in the King James Version. St. Matthew, where the
other version of the birth story appears, gives no description of the place
of the birth itself, but skips from a brief statement that the birth took
place to the event involving the "wise men" from the East.
Dawne

Old September 12th 03, 12:19 PM
Brenda Lewis

Since the New Testament was written in Greek and Aramaic, I didn't
expect to find an untranslated Hebrew word there. It could, however,
appear in the prophecies of His birth which are in the Old Testament.
In any case, I'm at a loss to find it on my own.

"Brenda Lewis"

Old September 12th 03, 03:07 PM
Dr. Brat

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Actually, the disciples would have also written in Hebrew - remember many of
them were Jews!

They were Jews, but the verancular at the time was Aramaic, not Hebrew,
so the new testament was written primarily in Aramaic.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old September 12th 03, 03:28 PM
Dawne Peterson

"Brenda Lewis"
It could, however, appear in the prophecies of His birth which are in
the Old Testament.

Actually, I asked some of my colleagues about this (the joy of working in a
college with a religious studies department), and none of them was aware of
a connection (that doesn;t mean there couldn't be one, just lowers the
probability). The gospel writers tend to jump up and down and point pretty
specifically when they are trying to tie their stories to a prophecy i.e.
they use language that refers to the earlier words. The animal references
are primarily to the lamb, rather than to cattle, and no one could think of
any reference to cattle or calves that were bound or in a stall in
connection to the Nativity, although there are quite a few other references
to them.
Dawne

Old September 12th 03, 11:09 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Good Afternoon Elizabeth
At least you admit that i do thank you from time to time , Very kind
of you to do so.
And I have also defended Israel against false accusations, Mirjam, don't
forget that. For example on August 24, you thanked me for writing the
following:

And i did it because you deffended Israel and because it was so
unusual for you to so. But in General you are very anti -Israeli , but
you should be forgiven, since many of you probably don`t realize what
exactly is going on....you have no clue. about day to day life.
markedly in the late nineteenth century as Jewish people fled

By the way have you ever Heard about Pki`in and other places whose
Jews NEVER LEFT Israel since biblical times???
And do you Know why and from where the bane SALEM of your city comes ?

Thank you Elizabeth [ I have not seen the original post ] for this
almost accurate explanation and correcting Sheena `s incitive post=
with deliberate false facts.

So if i thank you , Where is your insistance that i only write
agressive critical letters ????
in your former letter you accuse me of being silent when you deffended
yourself , and when you wrote about Dianne !!!! on other times you
tell me i do answer /write too much ...... so it is true ....

----------------------------
I *have* said kind things about you, Mirjam, and defended you against
others when they were too far out of line and I know you saw them
because you thanked me for them.

If i saw them and thanked you , ok But in general you are rather
scolding rather playing Big Judge from Heaven ,,,,,,, and i don`t like
that , just like you don`t like me telling you something
that i opposes something . but i am an outsider , whom many dislike
not because of me , but because i do not agree to their Stereo typing
me in a roll .... and that is waht causes the friction,,, i dare to
talk back , you have never found start a flame and YOU know that very
well , i usually answer back , when attacked or insulted.
You know i spent this morning in a ceremony with Real life Heroes .
the Ceremony opened an Exhibition of artifacts in the Archives of
Lohame -HaGetaot , the Museum built by the survivng members
of the Ghetto Warsaw uprising , of course most are already dead, but
several of the than Younger people are still amongst us, and i was
today in the same room, being in their company, It was an opening of
the Exhibition , a Salute to the Archive worker , and to people who
brought artifacts and/or do translating of the documents, I felt so
honored to be amongst those people, I was delighted my son wanted to
come with me on this special day. I was honored some of them know me
and about the work i do. And than i thought about those petty flame
wars that go on here ,,, and i know my percpectives, and my way , and
my values. These are the people who teach me where to stand and be
proud and not give in , to inflamotory posts. This wonderful people
who also built and educational center [ and teach all over the world ]
against xhenophobia, against unkind words , because they felt the
results on their flesh.
And i remember wel who and how you scold ,
, and i am telling you , that YOU NEVER scolded mrsPP in the same
measurements you scolded me !!!!
But I am not in your class , the only reason i stil answer you , is
because i believe in your intelingence and try to keep a discussion
going on.
a discussion as in exchanging opinions ,,,,
mirjam

Old September 12th 03, 11:21 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Exchanging the original animals mentioned was quite common , because
of Dogmatic reasons , [ see the changing of the RAM in the binding of
Yitzhak ,into the lamb , to make it more parallel , with the later
Terminology of Jesus as the Lamb ofGod ].
As to which animals appear or not in the story i have explained that
one of the meanings is Feeding Stall , [ =to all herd animals]
mirjam

Wanted genuine African art and antiques nordend Marketplace 0 December 17th 04 07:44 AM
Sort of OT - Building a Teaching Studio: Input Wanted Tinkster Beads 10 December 11th 04 05:22 AM
wanted: glass blowing torch Lloyd Glass 2 November 10th 04 03:30 AM
torch wanted S. Daly Glass 0 October 1st 04 12:48 AM
I am new to the group, and just wanted to introduce myself:) glassaffinity Beads 1 July 22nd 04 01:32 AM