how to reduce stash

Old September 9th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default how to reduce stash

I know that most if not all of you would be more than willing to give
my extra fabric a home, but I am really in a pickle here. Last summer
I had an "episode" (we'll leave it at that, it's a *really* long
story) and ended up buying more fabric than I can use any time soon.
An example - one day I received in the mail 16 BOLTS of fabric.
Apparently I bought the entire line. I also have various fabrics that
I *just* bought yardage of.

So, the problem is, how to get rid of it. I've tried ebay but
unfortunately (for me) it is a buyers market right now and people
don't even want to pay wholesale prices for fabric. Not that I want
to get rich from any of this but I'd like to at least come close to
breaking even (I did pay wholesale for most of it).

I'm wondering if there is maybe a site for selling fabric, or if there
is a secret to getting a decent price for fabric on ebay, or something
to that effect. I can't return any of the fabric - mostly because I
can't remember where I bought it but also because most of it has been
cut.

Any ideas? Please? I'm going to go crawl under a pile of fabric and
whimper as I fondle it lovingly.

Tamra

Old September 9th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]

On Sep 8, 7:47 pm, wrote:
[...]

try www.patternreview.com they have a classified area where you can
list things, and it is made up of over 100K sewists of all kinds.

Larisa

Old September 9th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

have you checked to see if there is any kind of stuff like that on
craigslist in you area?

do you belong to a guild? maybe there are other groups in your area?
even ask on here see if anyone is near you and interested

Cheers
Anne
Old September 9th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

A year or two ago -- one of our regular posters found it necessary to
liquidate most of her stash. If I remember, she posted (or emailed... I
can't remember) a list of what she had (type, color, yardage...etc) and the
price she wanted and we responded by email if we were interested.

I know this was through RCTQ -- and at least a couple of years ago. Does
anyone else remember this?

--
Kate in MI

ups.com...

Old September 9th 07, 07:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Perhaps you could try rec.crafts.textiles.quilting.marketplace?
I don't know how things are selling these days, but it was quite
'active' when I last had a look.
..
In message . com,
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 9th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Do you have pictures of your fabric in Webshots?

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

ups.com...

Old September 9th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"Kate G." wrote in message
. ..
A year or two ago -- one of our regular posters found it necessary to
liquidate most of her stash. If I remember, she posted (or emailed... I
can't remember) a list of what she had (type, color, yardage...etc) and

the
price she wanted and we responded by email if we were interested.

I know this was through RCTQ -- and at least a couple of years ago. Does
anyone else remember this?

I think that's a *GREAT* idea - I know I'm looking for more fabric (who
isn't?? Except for the OP, of course! LOL!). :-)

--
Kate in MI

ups.com...

Old September 9th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Sep 8, 10:12?pm, "Kate G." wrote:
A year or two ago -- one of our regular posters found it necessary to
liquidate most of her stash. If I remember, she posted (or emailed... I
can't remember) a list of what she had (type, color, yardage...etc) and the
price she wanted and we responded by email if we were interested.

I know this was through RCTQ -- and at least a couple of years ago. Does
anyone else remember this?

That's a great idea. I'll try really hard to get pictures of what I
have and measure the amounts. I'll go start working on that right
now.

Tamra

Old September 9th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Just a head's up Tamra, if you don't already know---no pictures are allowed
on the group. Can you set up a Web Shots page to put them on? I'd be very
interested on seeing what you have.
Gen

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old September 9th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Listing it here on RCTQ is NOT the appropriate forum.

Listing it on RecCraftsTextileMarketplace is.
Then post a "Hey, look for my list on RCTMarketplace" note here to
re-direct traffic over there.
Because this is a non-commerical newsgroup, while Marketplace is for
selling things. And buying things. ;-P

Good luck!
R/Sandy

On 9/9/07 10:48 AM, in article ,
"SewVeryCreative" ConnieATsewverycreativeDOTcom wrote:

"Kate G." wrote in message
. ..
A year or two ago -- one of our regular posters found it necessary to
liquidate most of her stash. If I remember, she posted (or emailed... I
can't remember) a list of what she had (type, color, yardage...etc) and

the
price she wanted and we responded by email if we were interested.

I know this was through RCTQ -- and at least a couple of years ago. Does
anyone else remember this?

I think that's a *GREAT* idea - I know I'm looking for more fabric (who
isn't?? Except for the OP, of course! LOL!). :-)

--
Kate in MI

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

help me, how to reduce size in an older pair of sox Grandma Kitty Yarn 1 February 16th 07 02:21 AM
How to reduce reflection from glass pipe? Smeeta Glass 5 November 4th 05 04:02 PM
More Stash Richard Eney Yarn 5 April 5th 05 10:03 PM
Stash Run - Stitch Stash Cheryl Isaak Needlework 14 June 9th 04 05:42 PM
B6 May Reduce Carpal Tunnel Symptoms Silly One Needlework 3 August 8th 03 10:34 AM