Big Quilt Show in Rosemont (Chjcago)

Old March 25th 04, 12:34 PM
Susan Laity Price

Default Big Quilt Show in Rosemont (Chjcago)

I helped hang the quilts yesterday for the big quilt show this week
end in Rosemont, Illinois (Chicago area near OHare airport) Anyone
within driving distance should make sure you get there this week end.

850 vendors- - - need I say more?

Quilts are nice, too!

They have promised to have things better organized than last year. One
day tickets have been available for purchase at quilt stores in our
area. I don't know if they are still available. Call your local store.

I am leaving this morning and staying at the Hyatt Hotel near the show
so won't be able to respond to anyone by email. If anyone wants to
meet please leave a message for Susan Price at the Hyatt. I have
classes every morning.

This show is being produced by the same people who have run the
Houston show for years. They expect this show to grow as big as
Houston. They had a few problems last year when many more people came
than expected. I don't know where they got their numbers but they
thought 10,000 people would come. They had that many after the first
full day. Lines to purchase tickets and for food were very
lonnnnnnnnng. You couldn't move in the vendor area.

This year they have moved the show to the first floor of the same
building into a bigger hall. They sold one day tickets through local
quilt stores so those people don't have to stand in line. The isles in
the vendor's area seem bigger but once the shoppers are there I am
sure that nothing is big enough.

I have been working hard on a non-quilting project and haven't quilted
for three months. I shipped the other project last Tuesday. Now I can
change gears and be a quilter again for a few months. This is a great
way to start it off. I have been to many big shows in the last 20
years but am so excited about this one. I have been up since 4:30 a.m.
Just can't wait.

Susan
Old March 25th 04, 02:12 PM
frood

Have a great time! Don't forget a pack of M&Ms in your bag to keep your
strength up!

And as soon as this show is over, they'll start putting info about Houston
on their site! I can't wait!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply