OT Need help with newsgroups

Old January 10th 11, 04:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Default OT Need help with newsgroups

Hi everyone, and a Happy New Year to you all! Our computer crashed before
Christmas. We took it to a computer place, where they proceeded to wipe the
hard drive clean! I'm not the computer "expert" in our house, but I do know
that we lost a lot....including our address books, emails, and other things.
Fortunately, we didn't lose photos, and were able to re-construct some
information from past "back-ups".

That brings me to my current problem. Before the crash, I was reading the
newsgroups through eternal-september. I still have an account and user
name, but I can't figure out how to get the newsgroups back. I am
registered, but seem to keep going in circles. I've sent them an email
asking for help, but haven't received a reply. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, the computer people scanned the hard drive trying to recover an
data....they found some PST files which we think might be our emails. How
do we open them? You all seem to have all the answers.....and I'm hoping
that you can help me out. Thanks a lot!!!

Old January 10th 11, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
mary

I just googled PST files and found there is a lot of info out there. Good
luck.

--
Mary
This is a day the lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad.

Old January 10th 11, 06:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Jan 10, 11:29*am, "Alice in PA" wrote:
[...]

Hi Alice,
In order to open your PST files, you will need to have MS Outlook
open, go to File; Open; Outlook data file and follow the prompts.
You'll obviously need to know where the files are located. They could
be your contacts; emails, etc. Outlook uses this file format for
their archiving process. Good luck!

Kim in NJ
Old January 10th 11, 10:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

news.eternal-september.org
that goes in the 'server name' place on the 'server' tab in propertys for
eternal-september.
i copy/pasted it so should be exactly as it needs to be.
also you have to use your name/password for eternal sept set up.
hope that helps.
j.

"Alice in PA" wrote ...

Old January 11th 11, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Hi Jeanne,

I sure wish you were here to help me with this! We now have Outlook 2007
and there doesn't seem to be any options for news. We used to use the 2003
version. When I go into the Eternal September page, it shows that I'm
logged in, but there's no place to select which newsgroups I want, etc.
There are no tabs, no nothing. Maybe I should try another source....any
ideas, anyone?

Alice in PA

Old January 11th 11, 03:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Jan 11, 10:20*am, "Alice in PA" wrote:
[...]

that you can help me out. *Thanks a *lot!!!- Hide quoted text -

Alice,
Try going into Outlook and click on File; Import/Export. At that
point a dialogue box will open and scroll down to Internet Mail
Account Settings and see if that does it for you.

Kim in NJ

Old January 13th 11, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Jeanne,

Tried this and we were able to follow the instructions through step 4. In
step 5, in the Commands, there is no "news" option to click on. But thanks
for your help anyway.

Alice

newsgroups Lelandite Quilting 8 April 22nd 10 03:25 PM
New to Newsgroups Barbara Travis Sewing 0 January 13th 08 06:19 PM
New to Newsgroups Alan Connor Needlework 14 November 1st 07 12:43 AM
New to newsgroups... Diana Brissenden Yarn 11 July 4th 06 11:08 AM
New to Newsgroups Laura Bracken Beads 7 May 30th 06 02:09 AM