Ebmroidered quilt blocks

Old August 24th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
julia sidebottom

Default Ebmroidered quilt blocks

Ever since I have been out of the hospital (mid April) for the last
time, laying in bed with my sewing machine doing embroidered quilt
blocks has been a good thing for me.
So I decided it was time to try my hand at digitizing some of my own
designs. Well right now I am stitching away at my first attempt. It is
not my design since I found the clipart on the internet. Nonetheless I
am so proud of the fact that I was able to do this. I figure once I get
the basics down using free stuff then I can begin making my own designs.
There is so much to learn. So now it it one step at a time.
Today is another play day with my quilting and stitching. I need to
call my niece (Angie) to take me to JoAnn's to get a piece of fabric I
am looking for so I can complete the last of the grand kids quilt tops.
Once I have this one done then I will post some pics of the 3 quilt
tops for all to see.
I still can't get over how much quilting progress I have been making
in the last 2 months. It surprises the heck out of me. I am just
having so much fun!
julia
Old August 24th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Betty in Wi

Glad to have you back, Julia. And congratulations on your accomplishments.

Betty in WI

Old August 24th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Good for you, Julia. Such a great spirit.
..
In message , julia
sidebottom writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 24th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
julia sidebottom

Betty in Wi wrote:
Glad to have you back, Julia. And congratulations on your accomplishments.

Betty in WI

It is good to be back. I still have to be careful about things.
Especially have to be careful about keeping my legs down for to long.
They swell up so quickly and when they do it becomes more difficult to
walk. Of course now that I am able to be up and about I want to be up
and about all the time.
I am just so glad that I am able to sit up and sew or stitch. Doing
these things in bed is not all that comfortable.
julia
Old August 25th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

You are starting to remind my of ds taking his favorite cars to bed with
him. Sewing machine isn't too cuddly LOL
I'm so glad you are making progress and having a lot of fun is terrific.
TAria

Old August 27th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
julia sidebottom

IMS wrote:
Sounds like a lot of fun, Julia. A very good way to recuperate

-Irene

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:18:19 -0400, julia sidebottom
wrote:

[...]

--------------
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
--Mae West
--------------

It sure it a healer. I spent another good part of the day with the
sewing machine in bed with me today. I way over did things the last
couple of days and am now paying the price. Also have some kind of a
small "lump" in my leg near my knee ( about 1 1/2" out side of the
surgical wound). The physical therapist won't work with me until the
doctor checks it out. So Tuesday is the quickest I can get to see him
so now I stay off my leg again. Until then my sewing machine and I get
to partner up again in bed.
julia
Old August 27th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
julia sidebottom

julia sidebottom wrote:

[...]

Definitely it is fun and does keep me busy. On days like today it is
especially gratifying. There is one problem however. When I get tired
and want to sleep somehow I have to move the machine off the bed. Jerry
will do this for me but then when I wake back up he has to again
retrieve it for me.
julia
Old August 27th 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Could you possibly find/get one of those hospital tables, Julia? I mean
the kind that can be pulled round over the bed but then pushed away
again when not needed? Not describing that very well, sorry. The base
stays where it is put, on the floor, it is just the top that swivels.