OT back to the house [long, trip journal]

Old July 24th 05, 06:41 PM
Ginger in CA

Default OT back to the house [long, trip journal]

Well, we got in late last night. Sorry, I will not have the time to
read thru all the posts, so hugs to those who have asked for prayers
and good thoughts, howdy to the newbies.

We left at 3AM on Thursday morning from Oxnard. Yes, we got up at 2AM!
Mz Bfly had asked me about stopping at her house on our way north, but
I'm glad we said we couldn't. We drove past the exit to her house at
5:30AM. And the temperature was already 90 degrees... We saw a golden
eagle nest and the mother up the road, stopped and took the binoculars
out to watch her, then handed them to the nice CHP who stopped to check
on us so he could see her, also!

We got up to Coulterville about 9:30 like we had planned, and met up
with the mother of a real estate agent we had contacted. Since Debbie
isn't an agent herself, she had offered to take us out to just look at
properties. Her DD was out of town until Fri night. So, we saw a couple
places we liked, and checked out in person some of the places we found
on the 'net, in Greeley Hills. Oh, temps about 102 at this time. Mother
was a wealth of info since she has lived in the area for 22 yrs, and
delivered mail for 6 years there!

Done and back on the road by 2PM, and drive up to Jackson, 2 hrs away.
Temps still over 100, check in to motel, call and confirm our appt with
agent in the West Point area for next morning.

Up at 6:30 Fri to be in West Point at 10AM, drive past a couple places
before meeting this gal. OMG, she never stopped talking for 5 hours!!!
My ears truly hurt by the time we left. She is a good agent and DH saw
the workshop of his dreams (but property is right on logging road,
trucks rumble by year 'round) Left her at 3PM and drove back to Jackson
for second night. Yep, temps about 100 still.
Call to mother in Greeley Hills to confirm to meetup with her DD Sat to
look at 2 houses on our way back home.

Up at 6AM Sat to eat, check out and drive back to Coulterville. Get
stuck behind a couple logging trucks, and pull in 15 minutes late. Out
to check out one house I really liked but DH didn't think much of. By
the time we left that property he had 2 thumbs up! Went to a 10 acre
property that DH liked but I didn't. Back on the road by 12:30 to head
home.

High temp was 103 as we went thru Fresno area (HI Scott, said into the
wind!) with mountain thunderstorms all around us. High humidity and
hard to breathe. My Gulliver had his first road trip, AC on almost the
whole time, and did very well! We were home by 7PM, now to go over all
the material and decide if we keep looking or put a bid on one of the
two places we saw.

Whew, long jounal, thanks for reading!

Ginger in CA

Old July 24th 05, 07:04 PM
Butterfly

Well, shucks, Mz Ginger, I couldda found the coffee pot but prolly not much
more : ) But I wouldn't have worried overmuch as you do know your way round
my kitchen .......
I'm looking forward to our next meet-up tho--thinking it's this week when we
head on down for Mr. Joe's next Infusion treatment.

Butterfly (DS and QI will be home so no stash raiding--cause some of this
fabric is HIS too, I'll have you'all know g Bestest way I know of
protecting it)

ups.com...

Old July 24th 05, 09:53 PM
nana2b

Wow Ginger, quite a journal. Are you moving for a job change? Just
curious. Linda

Old July 25th 05, 03:27 AM
Ginger in CA

No, Linda, not moving because of a job. We are looking to invest in a
property that will be rented out until we retire there. we are
committed to the situation we have here for another 2 to 10
years.......

We are very much in love with the [lower] western Sierras around
Yosemite Nat'l Park, and want something in the 2500'-3500' elevation.
The number one area we have chosen is about an hour drive away from a
major city that would have everything (read dr/hospital/major shopping)
There is a volunteer fire dept in town, paramedics and ambulance within
10 miles, and medi-evac helicopter pad not too far away if need be.

Ginger in CA

Old July 25th 05, 04:29 PM
nana2b

Sounds like an excellent plan. Our move will be just 14 miles from here and
still have access to all the important stuff. The community is in the
country and all the housing around this development is at least 1 acre lots.
No fear of a Wal-mart being built across the road. We really had not
planned to do this move this soon, but everything seems to be in place for
it now. We have even sold our house in a very tough market. When you
decide on a place let us see the photos.

Linda in Tx