Painted my toenails

Old March 17th 04, 02:52 AM
Polly Esther

Default Painted my toenails

Ha. If anyone is going to get their knickers in a knot, this post is not OT.
I was having trouble seeing if the front toes of my sort of
horseshoe-shaped quilting foot were behaving or sneaking a toe up under an
appliqué or poking a toe inside a seam. I use this foot for stippling and
meandering, monogramming - all kinds of things. The big plastic purple
quilting feet don't have a lifespan for me that justifies their price so I
use the horse shoe shaped one. I put a wee tiny dot of red nail polish on
the toe points, Revlon "Fire and Ice" if you want me to be specific.
Hoooo-eeee. It works great. Any sneaky toe action is quickly obvious.
For inquiring minds - while I had the polish out, I did not paint my own
toenails. Either my legs have grown longer, my arms shorter or my tummy
bigger but I just can't reach them. Polly

Old March 17th 04, 05:31 AM
nzl*

hey dont feel too bad, how many of us can even see our toes anymore, lol.
sounds like you got the quilting toes worked out just fine and dandy though.
let me know when my quilt is finished and i'll send ya my addy.
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Polly Esther" wrote...

Old March 17th 04, 10:49 PM
Butterfly

Fire N Ice---that is the name of one of my rose bushes out front---third one
from the entryway. Sure is a pretty one.
Back to using BOTH hands for this note---hmm not going do this long......
Butterfly (NOT volunteering to come paint your toenails for you this
week--ne'er did learn how to do THAT left-handed)
ink.net...

Old March 18th 04, 02:09 AM
Dr. Quilter

well, for one I am relieved I can see them again after a few months of
not been able to see or reach too much of my anatomy.. but I still am a
toenail paint virgin, I have to admit... )

nzl* wrote:

hey dont feel too bad, how many of us can even see our toes anymore, lol.
sounds like you got the quilting toes worked out just fine and dandy though.
let me know when my quilt is finished and i'll send ya my addy.
jeanne

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens