Groupon.

Old February 27th 12, 06:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joyce in RSA

Default Groupon.

I mentioned about my difficulties with Groupon, and trying to get a
refund. After several attempts, and being told each time that I have a
credit in my Groupon account, I'm now told in other words, THEY FLATLY
REFUSE TO REFUND CASH, AND THE ONLY REFUND I CAN HAVE IS A CREDIT!

I don't know whether I should forget it, but if anyone wants to use it
they'd be welcome, rather than leave it to those THIEVES!

Joyce in RSA.
Old February 27th 12, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joyce in RSA

On 2012/02/27 01:07 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 08:54:02 +0200, Joyce in RSA
wrote:

I mentioned about my difficulties with Groupon, and trying to get a
refund. After several attempts, and being told each time that I have a
credit in my Groupon account, I'm now told in other words, THEY FLATLY
REFUSE TO REFUND CASH, AND THE ONLY REFUND I CAN HAVE IS A CREDIT!

I don't know whether I should forget it, but if anyone wants to use it
they'd be welcome, rather than leave it to those THIEVES!

Joyce in RSA.

Joyce, YOU should use it, on principle ! Maybe force them to make a
donation to something ?

The trouble is, all their requirements before you first get a voucher,
and then still find out how to deal with it and actually get something
are just too much! So many stages of wondering what they mean by what
they say, etc!

They said to print the voucher, but why, when you expect the item to
come by post or courier? Then they said I couldn't have the item
because "payment was refused" I subsequently found that to mean the
voucher had expired!!!! Does it mean that to you? I just gave up, and
don't want to go through it all again.

However, apparently they NEVER give back except as a credit!

Joyce in RSA.
Old February 27th 12, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in Calif

If you paid with a credit card, the credit card company can backcharge them.

COPYRIGHT 2012 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEW GIRLS, IT HAS
BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION WHICH
CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 2/11/12 -- my scarf to match his (same color, different knit
stitch)

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
(also on Facebook)
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Old February 28th 12, 05:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joyce in RSA

On 2012/02/28 01:42 AM, wrote:

Joyce, YOU should use it, on principle ! Maybe force them to make a
donation to something ?

The trouble is, all their requirements before you first get a voucher,
and then still find out how to deal with it and actually get something
are just too much! So many stages of wondering what they mean by what
they say, etc!

They said to print the voucher, but why, when you expect the item to
come by post or courier? Then they said I couldn't have the item
because "payment was refused" I subsequently found that to mean the
voucher had expired!!!! Does it mean that to you? I just gave up, and
don't want to go through it all again.

However, apparently they NEVER give back except as a credit!

Joyce in RSA.

I confess I joined them, then watched the offers come past but they
never really had anything I wanted, so didn't participate.

How did you pay for it ? Maybe that's how you can get back at them ?
Do try and do something, one hates to think of them laughing to the
bank.

I did pay by credit card, but Cathy has tried to get refund of a cc
payment from a bank before, without success. She said you have all
sorts of trouble, and get nowhere. Our banks don't have the same
systems as other countries.

However, you and Karen have reminded me of that, and I will make an
attempt to get it that way. There may a be a different result with this
type of scam.

It's about $30, I think, which isn't much in other countries, but a lot
here.

Joyce in RSA.
Old February 28th 12, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in Calif

Joyce in RSA wrote:

I phoned the bank. They said they could not dispute the cc payment
after 60 days - which was up about a week ago!! So now the only way to
get it back from Groupon is to use it!

Joyce in RSA.

Always keep an eye on those dates! I'd sent something to a friend for
Christmas, he told ME several weeks later that the disk didn't work, but
by the time he contacted the company to send him a return label, the
30-day return period had expired. Them sending ME a return label
wouldn't have helped, since I had nothing here to return. Now he's
peeved because he missed the date, even though I warned him on Day 29
that he had to deal with it quickly.

Old February 28th 12, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2/28/12 9:56 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:40:49 +0200, Joyce in RSA
wrote:

I phoned the bank. They said they could not dispute the cc payment
after 60 days - which was up about a week ago!! So now the only way to
get it back from Groupon is to use it!

Joyce in RSA.

Damn - but you go girl and USE it !

Definitely go and use it. I feel badly for you having so much difficulty.
I can only guess that things run differently with Groupon in different
countries. As I said before, we've been using them for over a year here in
the DC area, and have had no problems, in fact - they've been really helpful
& prompt to resolve an issue. Go figure.

If you have a Groupon credit in your account - if nothing else is there that
strikes your fancy - you could buy one of their deals as a gift for a friend
in a different locale - where there might be something they'd want. Lately
I've seen a good amount of things redeemable from on-line resources - which
might be good for you. We mostly have used local restaurant deals, and some
museum type things. In fact we used Groupons to go to Hillwood - the
Marjorie Merriweather Post estate, and this past weekend to the Newseum.

I sincerely hope that you get something for your money.

Ellice

Old March 8th 12, 02:04 PM
NimbleSez NimbleSez is offline
Banned

Location: Cork, Ireland
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen C in Calif View Post
Joyce in RSA wrote:

[...]

Maybe the bets solution here is to try and mahke this negative experience into a positive one by donating it to charity, Im sure there are many people out there that would love a credit for this site.