What Quilt Scares You?

Old October 28th 03, 12:39 PM
Queen of Squishies

Link please????

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

I'm doing a paper pieced version of the DWR, at the McCall's website.

Very,
very easy.

Marijke, in Montreal

Old October 28th 03, 12:45 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I did a crazy quilts in all neutral colors. I tried to find a picture of it
to post on my website, but can't find one. I guess I'll have to take
another. It was a lot of fun to do.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message
I'd like to do a crazy quilt in all whites and beiges. That one will
need careful attention to the least changes in value. I'm collecting
light light laces and velvets and ribbons.

Old October 28th 03, 12:48 PM
Queen of Squishies

Take courage, Larisa! All paper-piecing is not as intimidating as my
Starflake by a long shot. Try a couple pp Hug blocks first. It's not so
tough. You can do it!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 28th 03, 01:02 PM
QuiltR1024

In article , "frood"
writes:

OK, here's what we'll do. I'll mix the Margarootles, and you pull out all
the fabric. I'll dive in and start flinging stuff around, you have a drink.
Then, you play with what I pulled out, see if anything sparks, and I'll have
a drink. Then, we'll work together on the design wall, playing with the
ideas, and we'll both have a drink.
.

Wendy,
I have Margarita fabric. Come on up and we can start with that fabric. big
grin

Kris ( in northern Virgnia)

Old October 28th 03, 01:04 PM
Queen of Squishies

Now that's a liberating statement if I ever heard one! Where's my rotary
cutter? umm....... where is my cutting table?? ahhh........... I have a
couple things to do first. But then - it will be party time! I will post a
picture to prove that I'm actually starting, and we can dance all night. In
the moonlight of course. ; )

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

I'll bet you beans to navy dollars that if you took a picture of you

holding
up the fabric and one of you holding up the quilt, 100 % of the rctq'ers
will tell you the quilt is more gorgeous than the fabric!

Elena, grinning

Old October 28th 03, 01:06 PM
Queen of Squishies

Joy, I dream in color too. I was 45 years old before I found out that not
everyone does! LOL

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 28th 03, 01:18 PM
QuiltR1024

LN/Ellen,
Gulp, you'll just need to bring the kids down for a visit and use the quilts
here. grin

Kris
Old October 28th 03, 01:53 PM
Pat in Virginia

Really? You are not just kidding? I am 56 years old and I just
found this out .... a minute ago!
I've always dreamed in color, but I've never considered how other
people dream.
I wonder if the percentage of people who dream in color is higher
among quilters and other artists, vis a vis the population at
large.
Hey, maybe I could get a NFA Grant to figure this out! Nah, I
don't have enough quilting time as it is!

PAT in VA/USA

Old October 28th 03, 02:10 PM
Patti

'Twas I !!
You can find the direction in most cases quite easily.
..
In article , Diana Curtis
writes
Inside points are a sticking point for me too. Was it Polly, or Pati, or
Patty who gave the tip recently of clipping to the inside point, not going
straight in as logic would tell us, but along the straight of the grain,
between two threads, so the inside point wont have a chance to ravel. Its
something worth trying.
Diana

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 28th 03, 03:07 PM
sdgodfrey

The eagle quilt you describe sounds fantastic. Any chance of seeing a
picture of it?? Pretty Please?

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey