Winston has had his surgery.

Old December 30th 08, 10:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_2_]

Default Winston has had his surgery.

Hi all,

The Vet rang me just a short while ago to say that Winston has had his
surgery and that she was happy with the outcome.

The bone was plit almost in half lengthwise from the ankle to the elbow
which they screwed and wired together. The shattered bone parts I didn't
quite understand what she said but he will be home tomorrow, all bandaged up
again, but on the long long road to recovery. I will ask her again what she
was saying and how to help him to strengthen his bones. He is going to have
to be kept quiet (an ex greyhound who loves to romp) so it looks like he
will have to become a couch potato again for a few months.

Just want to say thanks for your support and please keep the prayers coming,
he still needs them and I guess so do my family and I.

I hope little Jack has some good news about his back for his mom. Our furry
friends are really just furry 'humans'.

Will let you know what happens next.

Thanks once again,
Di

--
Di
Vic Australia

Old December 30th 08, 11:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Good news! Will continue to send good healing thoughts, and keep you folks
in my prayers. All our QIs, whether greyhounds or Siamese cats, give an
added dimension to our lives. As, I hope, we do to theirs.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old December 30th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Thankd for letting us kow how Jack is doing. Please continue to keep us up
to date. I will continue to pray for his improvement.
Barbara in FL

Old December 30th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 04:56:29 -0600, DiMa wrote
(in article ):

[...]

Sounds very much like the surgery our Katie Mae had a few years ago. She
came through with flying colors. Can't tell the difference now, she runs
and jumps up on things just like she always did.

She does tend to keep that leg out straight when she curls up for a nap, but
other than that we think she's forgotten all about it.

Maureen

Old December 30th 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Sorry, I meant to say Winston!
Barbara
m...

Old December 30th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
lyn5

On Dec 30, 4:56*am, "DiMa" wrote:
Hi all,

The Vet rang me just a short while ago to say that Winston has had his
surgery and that she was happy with the outcome.

Prayers and healing dog bones to Winston.
Lyn
Old December 30th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"DiMa" wrote:

[...]

What great news, Di! I'm so glad Winston's surgery went so well. I
hope your pup will enjoy his couch potato days. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old December 31st 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

I am soooo glad to hear Winston is doing well. i was really worried
for you. Keeping him and you in my T&P's

amy in CNY
Old January 1st 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Glad to hear the vet feels the operation was a success and Winston'ss at
home. Keeping the good thoughts for him coming your way.
--
Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter