OT--uuuum, just my moan, dont need to read or reply

Old December 29th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

Default OT--uuuum, just my moan, dont need to read or reply

well i only ended up helping dh with deliverys on the 23rd and 24th.
way less than usual for sure.
i somehow managed to pull something in my lower back, apparently
pinching a nerve or something. doesnt warrant a dr visit. i can lay
down flat and get my leg into a no pain position for a bit. can stand
and limp around without too much pain.
sitting didnt work at all so i lived thru xmas day totally on
paracetamol. i dont do meds as a rule but otherwise i'd be flat out
for the count that day and that wouldnt do at all. luckily there were
only 7 of us for xmas dinner, less than the 13 i thot there might be.
nothing was set in concrete this year, thank goodness. had 2 show up
after we ate, then 4 more when we did dessert. we fed them dinner from
the leftovers then they got dessert too. weird day for sure.
spent the days since then in similar condition, up or flat out all
day. no posiition was fully painfree. sitting at the puter was pretty
much a write-off too.
today is better so still a niggling lingering pain going on, i'm much
more comfortable today.
wish i could figure out what it was tho, oh well.
so anyhow, i'm not gonna stay here long.
also lost the server i was using so here thru google. ewwwww.
hope all had a merry merry and a happy happy 2009 to all of RCTQ.
hugz all around as well.
j.
Old December 29th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_2_]

Rest, rest and more rest and lots of TLC.
Hope you are feeling btter soon.

Di

Old December 29th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well, Jeanne! I'm so glad you've reported in, we've missed you. Sorry you
have a pinch. Is it possible that a chiropractor could mash you back into
as good as new? Frankly, they scare me to death but I could not live
without ours. He's about a hundred years old, has what looks like a real
spine in his adjustment room. I asked him about it one day and he told me
it was a patient who didn't make it.
Happy to know you're alive, hoping for a quick recovery, Polly

Old December 29th 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

nzlstar* wrote:

Ouchie stuff...

Ouchies indeed. You have my sympathies. I was full of the Head Cold
From Hell, with aches all over, nose either bunged solid to the point
of pain or dripping like a leaky tap, and I took a siesta on Christmas
Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. Christmas Eve Alan & James cooked
dinner. Christmas day we all mucked in. Boxing day I managed the main
course, and James made mince pies again...

James has prooved a dab hand at mince pies. They may not be the tidiest
mince pies in the world, but he discovered a recipe for pate sucre
(sweet pastry with an egg to bind it), and has never looked back! YUMMM!!!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 29th 08, 10:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Fay

On Dec 29, 12:31*pm, "nzlstar*" wrote:
well i only ended up helping dh with deliverys on the 23rd and 24th.
way less than usual for sure.

l.
j.

So sorry to hear you're partially laid up Jeanne. If it will help I
have some home-made Baileys in the fridge and plenty of ice. You can
either apply it to the sore bits, or put it in your Baileys.
Make sure you get a bit of exercise for your back. Gently, eh? A walk
around the estate with a firm arm to guide you and something to
fortify your spirits!

Enjoy the rest of the year.
Fay
Broadford
Australia
Old December 29th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:31:33 -0600, nzlstar* wrote
(in article
):

[...]

(((gentle hugs))). Hope you're feeling better soon.

Maureen

Old December 29th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Ouch! Nothing worse than back pain, it's just so inescapable. I like
Voltaren gel for muscle aches. And if you have one of those heat
cushions you can pop in the microwave, use it. (Cloth bag full of rice
or cherry husks or...)
Roberta in D

Old December 29th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Piggybacking here. Jeanne, it is often the twisting and lifting
that will get you. Sometimes it seems like your movement was
nothing but boy can you do a lot of hurting quickly. Take care
and hope you are feeling better soon.
Taria

Old December 29th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Sorry to hear about your back, Jeanne. Eke! These things always happen at
the worst times. Glad you're on the mend and hope you're fully recovered
soon.
--
Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter

Old December 30th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_3_]

nzlstar* wrote:
well i only ended up helping dh with deliverys on the 23rd and 24th.
way less than usual for sure.
i somehow managed to pull something in my lower back, apparently
pinching a nerve or something. doesnt warrant a dr visit.
today is better so still a niggling lingering pain going on, i'm much
more comfortable today.
wish i could figure out what it was tho, oh well.
so anyhow, i'm not gonna stay here long.
also lost the server i was using so here thru google. ewwwww.
hope all had a merry merry and a happy happy 2009 to all of RCTQ.
hugz all around as well.
j.

Jeanne,

I sure hope you are feeling much better soon. I know from experience how
quickly back pain can get to the almost unbearable stage. And also how
long it takes to get back to "normal" sometimes. But usually you will
know when it does need a dr visit, and best not to put off until too
much pain is present.

Be sure to take extra good care of yourself and keep in touch.

Judie

P.S. I'm going through motzarella.org these days and is working just
fine. Though for some reason my aioe started working again too but it
was so off and on (mostly off) for weeks and I ended up going to
motzarella and happy with them.