Color coordinating tool

Old January 4th 09, 08:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn in Tacoma

Default Color coordinating tool

I found this online tonight, and am quite intrigued. you can click on a
color or a group of colors, and it'll pull up complementary colors and
such for you. Nice if you struggle with putting colors together or just
want something different.

http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/searc...serId%3A135690

Jenn in Tacoma
Old January 4th 09, 09:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

How fascinating. Thanks for sharing this, Jenn.
I had a little play - as my colour choice is so conservative - but have
saved the url to go back to the site when I have some work to do on a
future project. So interesting - and wonderful to be able to see the
actual colours - rather than trying to find fabric in stash or shop.
My favourite so far is tans with turquoise! Marvellous idea.
Thanks again.
..
In message , Jenn in
Tacoma writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 4th 09, 10:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

That was fun! Saved for future use.
Roberta in D

Old January 4th 09, 12:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Thank you! I am drawn to bright colors, and this will give me ideas for
toning down the overall brightness of a quilt. After all, I want to people
to look at my quilts and say, "Wow!" not, "Where are my sunglasses!"

Adobe sure has come cool applications.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old January 4th 09, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
anthony

Delighful! This is definitely a keeper.

Jenn in Tacoma wrote:
I found this online tonight, and am quite intrigued. you can click on a
color or a group of colors, and it'll pull up complementary colors and
such for you. Nice if you struggle with putting colors together or just
want something different.

http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/searc...serId%3A135690

Jenn in Tacoma

--

Regards,
anthony
(to reply privately, replace live dot com with bigfoot dot com)
Old January 4th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Thanks, Jenn. I'm not color blind, but I'm sure color challenged. This
will also help me in picking new paint and countertop colors!

Cindy

Old January 4th 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
anthony

One note to remember. These schemes show the colors in equal amounts.
While the hues will always coordinate well, increasing the proportion of
any one color will dramatically change the "feel" of the combo. In a
pinks & greens combo, 75% pinks will look much different than 75%
greens. One of the reasons I like the option of starting with a photo
is that the color proportions are already partially worked out for you.

Just something to keep in mind with these kinds of tools.
anthony in Clearwater

Old January 4th 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Wow, I just realized I can take any one of the points on that photo
and change it without changing the others. And can play with shade and
hue. I am smitten for sure. Thanks for sharing this one. I'm
registered, got it bookmarked and will surely enjoy a lot of time
working with color groupings.

Sunny
Old January 4th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That's a very good point; but, for someone like me - who would never
have thought of, as I said, tan with turquoise - the thought of putting
a little tan in with a lot of turquoise, might be just the thing to
raise the piece from dull to sparky?
..
In message m, anthony
writes

Old January 4th 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

iir here.
i cant see how this works other than to find the various colours that
others have put together to look nice to them
is there a way to fiddle the hues and tints on a particular set?
happy new year, Jenn.
j.

New tool Pipe Man Marketplace 0 December 6th 07 03:05 AM
New Tool Pipe Man General Crafting 0 December 6th 07 03:02 AM
New tool, at least to me Kate T. Quilting 6 July 26th 06 03:10 AM
Ad - New Desert Dreamer Auctions COLOR COLOR COLOR Karen_AZ Beads 7 November 30th 04 04:00 PM
AD: NEW Christmas Bead Sets and coordinating Pendants CrystalLuv Beads 0 November 1st 03 05:32 PM