Directory time is upon up once again!

Old January 3rd 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Default Directory time is upon up once again!

Since it's January, it must be time for the Directory to be refreshed. This
is just a heads up since the form will be opened to the group around the
15th of this month. I leave for Grand Junction, Colorado tomorrow to help
my sister drive back from her son's house there. It's a tough drive in good
weather and I didn't want her driving by herself in the midst of winter.
So, I may be back in a few days or not in a few days. But when I return,
the form will be turned loose. A message will be posted when it's ready for
entries.

If you're new to the group, the Directory is a listing of names, screen
names, mailing and email addresses, color and fabric preferences and
birthdays. It is open to members of the group who are routine posters and
known to others. We take our personal information very seriously and the
Directory is guarded like the recipe for original Coke (that's not been
hacked yet, has it?). Anyway, there is a simple review process of persons
who submit a form. The form will be online and you will get a confirmation
of your submission. Anyone filling in more than one form has to send me a
fat quarter! Once the Directory is finished, it is sent electronically to
each of the names listed. The purpose of the Directory is as a reference to
those that would like to send "squishies" or birthday greetings or get well
wishes. It is not to be shared and should only be used by the persons
listed in it. This will be Volume 16 of the Directory. It's worked
wonderfully all these years and has not yet been breached that I am aware.

But more details will follow upon my return from my trip. Start to get your
color and fabric choices ready!

Alice
"Do what you like, like what you do"

Old January 3rd 09, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_4_]

AliceW wrote:
Since it's January, it must be time for the Directory to be refreshed. This
is just a heads up since the form will be opened to the group around the
15th of this month. I leave for Grand Junction, Colorado tomorrow to help
my sister drive back from her son's house there. It's a tough drive in good
weather and I didn't want her driving by herself in the midst of winter.
So, I may be back in a few days or not in a few days. But when I return,
the form will be turned loose. A message will be posted when it's ready for
entries.

Alice
"Do what you like, like what you do"

I hope you and your sister have a wonderful time on your road trip! My
own sister did the same for me once, she flew to Rochester NY and we
drove to South Lake Tahoe CA. I've made that drive on my own a time or
two now but we really had so much fun and I have so many memories of
that trip.

Judie
Old January 3rd 09, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

Just curious if the new directory include a spot to include our facebook
page so we can join each other on there as well. It's funny I was having
a problem the other night and I know there was someone here that could
solve it. But I needed help asap so I didn't post. With facebook I could
have seen if anyone else was on line. Just a thought
Take Care
Joanna

Old January 3rd 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Ok, I have resisted joining the social networking pages so I don't know what
a Facebook page link would look like. Give me an idea and I'll see what I
can do. How many have facebook pages? No promises, just asking.

:

Old January 3rd 09, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I have a Facebook page. Perhaps instead of a link, we could just have a
yes/no as to whether we have a Facebook account. Then we could search for
each other on Facebook.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old January 4th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Sounds like a viable solution. What would you search for - email address,
username.....?

"KJ" wrote in message
:I have a Facebook page. Perhaps instead of a link, we could just have a
: yes/no as to whether we have a Facebook account. Then we could search for
: each other on Facebook.
:
: --
: Kathyl (KJ)
: remove "nospam" before mchsi
: http://community.webshots.com/user/kathylquiltz
: ...
: "Joanna" wrote in message
: news:_LP7l.2017$PH1.1089@edtnps82...
: : Just curious if the new directory include a spot to include our
facebook
: : page so we can join each other on there as well. It's funny I was
having
: : a problem the other night and I know there was someone here that could
: : solve it. But I needed help asap so I didn't post. With facebook I
could
: : have seen if anyone else was on line. Just a thought
: : Take Care
: : Joanna
: :

Old January 4th 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

As long as the person hasn't made his/her profile totally private, you can
search for the name. If you KNOW someone is on Facebook but can't find them
in a search, it's then pretty easy to make contact through our directory
email addresses and make a friend request.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

"KJ" wrote in message
:I have a Facebook page. Perhaps instead of a link, we could just have a
: yes/no as to whether we have a Facebook account. Then we could search
for
: each other on Facebook.
:
: --
: Kathyl (KJ)
: remove "nospam" before mchsi
: http://community.webshots.com/user/kathylquiltz
: ...

Old January 4th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL

"AliceW" wrote:

Sounds like a viable solution. What would you search for - email address,
username.....?

Alice
"Do what you like, like what you do"

You can search by e-mail address or by name. The trick with the
former might be if people use different e-mail addresses for different
purposes.
Most people are on Facebook with their real names so knowing who to
search for is all that would be needed.
Mary
Old January 4th 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Hey Joanna:

You can look me up and add me.....last name is Schmidt

--
Cindy from MO

Old January 4th 09, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

Default Cindy and anyone for that matter

Ok have your name but call me dumb I don't know what state MO stands for
and there are pages of Cindy's out there..

Why don't you add me last name in facebook is Allen-Wood, in the
Edmonton, AB network. Right now there is a pic of a blue/light blue star
type quilt as my pic In the request field just mention RCTQ
Take Care
Joanna
alberta