Winston is Home and lookming great

Old January 1st 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_2_]

Default Winston is Home and lookming great

Hi all,

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

Winston came home yesterday, very tired but not making any sort of noise at
all. He had a small dinner with an egg in it and took his medication like
they were sweets. When my DH took him outside for a twinklethi morning, he
said that Winston wanted to run after his best friend, Indiana. He must be
confined for a couple of months until the bones mend around the plates and
screws so he will be a couch potato for a while yet. The Vet sent home a 5
page summary of the surgery and all the tests they did and how to look after
him.

He has a purple and orange bandage on his leg and looks really cute - I just
love him so much.
I will post a pic later.

Thank you all once again for your support, it is working.

Best wishes to all,
Di

--
Di
Vic Australia

Old January 1st 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Continued healing thoughts and prayers on the way!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old January 1st 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

I have been waiting for the update Di, so glad it such a good one.

Dee in Oz

"DiMa" wrote

Old January 1st 09, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

YAY!!!!!! That is great news.

--
Cindy from MO

"DiMa" wrote in message
Thank you, I am so relieved.

. au...

Old January 1st 09, 08:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

So very glad to hear this, Di.
..
In message , DiMa
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 1st 09, 10:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

DiMa wrote:
[...]

Brilliant!

We had problems with two cats over the years, with broken bones...

Marmalade argued with a car and had a broken shoulder blade as a result.
Spent 10 days in the vets waiting for internal bleeding and bruising
to die down before they could operate. Then came home with a big zip of
stitches up one shoulder. They had wired the shoulderblade together.
Instructions not to let him outside until he was mended, and not to let
him jump.

Well! I put the cat box on the floor and opened up the top, and before
I could pick him out he'd JUMPED out and up on the windowsil! Don't let
him jump... I'd have had to nail his paws to the floor to stop that,
especially as we were both out at work all day. I just tried to build
steps for him out of chairs and coffee tables to make it easy for him,
but mostly he ignored them and leaped up to where he wanted to be, as usual.

Cornflake is the cat world famous for breaking his leg in his sleep and
then escaping confinement and falling off a six foot high fence with his
leg in plaster. He spend 3 months in a puppy cage after ridding himself
of four different plasters.

Both recovered fully. I'm sure Winston will as well. He'll be MUCH
more sensible about not running than my two loonies were about not
jumping or climbing. Marmalade lived to the respectable age of 16, and
Cornflake, now aged 10, is still going strong (and is giving me his best
Manga-eyed, bat-eared 'I'm a poor starving cat, me' look right now, and
purring like a small rotary engine). You will have many more adventures
with Winston when he has recovered.

How did he do this in the first place?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old January 1st 09, 10:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_2_]

Hi Kate,
Thanks for your comforting words.

I hope Cornflake eventually gets fed - you know it's not the done thing to
keep a cat waiting for their food.

I presume you know the saying, Dogs have Masters and Cats have slaves.

Winston broke his leg when he jumped off the 2nd top step of 5 and landed
very badly.
He used to step down to the 2nd step, then very gracefully lift his hind
legs and spring only it didn't work this time because he was in a hurry to
get his dinner.
Out of all the pets in my life (63 yrs on 7th) I have never heard a more
pitiful sound than Winston crying. I hope I never hear it again.

Happy New Year.

Di

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote in message
et...
DiMa wrote:
[...]

Winston has had his surgery. DiMa[_2_] Quilting 8 January 1st 09 07:53 PM
Soy/cotton batting passed the Winston test! jennellh Quilting 8 September 4th 08 04:51 PM
New LNS in Winston-Salem, NC! Yipee! fran Needlework 2 November 13th 05 07:41 PM
Alan Winston Cher Yarn 5 June 12th 04 04:26 PM
Great Home Based Scrapbooking Business Opportunity! ScrappySonja Marketplace 0 August 21st 03 08:07 PM