only one block finished this week

Old July 18th 09, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default only one block finished this week

Only one block was finished this week, Japanese Scrap Quilt #470 in
Maggie Malone's 5,500 Quilt Block Designs. It is very pretty but one
of the more difficult blocks. The sewn block is one of those "should
be seen from a galloping horse" creations. My points are not the best
but the block is finished. In my defense I had major company from
Sunday through Wednesday afternoon. Thursday I had to relax with
redwork stitching to reset my nerves. Last night we met the parents of
my son's girl friend for the first time. It was a very eventful , if
non-sewing, week. This morning I am free to sew. Hopefully a block or
two will be completed. Next week must be productive or I will be
rushing at the last minute. If I don't report at least five blocks
sewn next week please chastise me.

Susan Price
Old July 18th 09, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Aha! I was watching for your report, Susan. I had moved the mouse down to
see what the date was (we don't care much here) and was just thinking
Saturday morning was Susan Report day. Five blocks next week or chastise
you? Nope. Not going to happen. We are your cheerleaders, pom poms and
all. Let's put our hands together and show some encouragement for Susan.
Go, Susan, go! Polly (and how did you like the new girlfriend)

"Susan Laity Price" wrote Only one block was finished this week, Japanese

Old July 18th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Thanks for the encouragement on the number of blocks completed. As for
the girlfriend, I think this one is a keeper. No official announcement
yet but they are using the "we" reference when talking about the
future. Her mother and step father live in Milwaukee so we met at a
restaurant about half way between our home and theirs. You could
really see the daughter's personality in the mother. They are great
friends which is so good. We didn't take Mom so that I could relax and
enjoy the evening. Mom did OK with a new sitter at home. The sitter
has stayed with Mom several times before during the day. Mom knew her
but this was the longest and first evening for them to be alone. We
are having funny weather with temperatures in the 60's. The furnace
went on several times during the night. Mom thinks it is going to
snow. She might be right. Too cool to walk in the park this week end!

Susan

Old July 18th 09, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Don't know what's going on with the weather. We bumped 110° yesterday and
it's supposed to drop to 60 tomorrow. Al Gore hasn't returned my call.
Helen

Old July 18th 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Susan Laity Price wrote:

Only one block was finished this week, Japanese Scrap Quilt #470 in
Maggie Malone's 5,500 Quilt Block Designs. It is very pretty but one
of the more difficult blocks. The sewn block is one of those "should
be seen from a galloping horse" creations. My points are not the best
but the block is finished. In my defense I had major company from
Sunday through Wednesday afternoon. Thursday I had to relax with
redwork stitching to reset my nerves. Last night we met the parents of
my son's girl friend for the first time. It was a very eventful , if
non-sewing, week. This morning I am free to sew. Hopefully a block or
two will be completed. Next week must be productive or I will be
rushing at the last minute. If I don't report at least five blocks
sewn next week please chastise me.

Susan Price

Susan, I think making even one block with the busy week you've had is
amazing!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old July 18th 09, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Susan Laity Price wrote:
Only one block was finished this week, Japanese Scrap Quilt #470 in
Maggie Malone's 5,500 Quilt Block Designs. It is very pretty but one
of the more difficult blocks. The sewn block is one of those "should
be seen from a galloping horse" creations. My points are not the best
but the block is finished. In my defense I had major company from
Sunday through Wednesday afternoon. Thursday I had to relax with
redwork stitching to reset my nerves. Last night we met the parents of
my son's girl friend for the first time. It was a very eventful , if
non-sewing, week. This morning I am free to sew. Hopefully a block or
two will be completed. Next week must be productive or I will be
rushing at the last minute. If I don't report at least five blocks
sewn next week please chastise me.

Susan Price

Well Susan, I was getting ready to get out my wet noodle for the
flogging, but I must admit you've got some pretty good reasons for
getting only one block done. Whew!

Okay, on to the coming week!

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada, USA
Old July 18th 09, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
onetexsun

You'll get no chastisement from me. I figure you've worked so
diligently and with so much care, this quilt is going to be amazing. I
just can't wait to see the photos.

Sunny
Old July 19th 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

And Susan didn't get any blocks made this afternoon because.......she and I
were visiting and going to a quilt show and a quilt shop!!!! A good time
was had by all....especially ME! I got to see the anniversary quilt
blocks....it's going to be lovely! (And her "galloping horse block" is
really a very slow cantor block....She's a perfectly precise piecer, so
being just a teeny bit off is something very few of us would notice.) usan
had some wonderful pieces entered in the quilt show. Hummmm why didn't I
take any pictures?? I also got to see her stack of finished quilts and her
tops ready to be quilted that she has committed to her church missionary
project. I believe she plans to donate 125 (correct me Susan) this
year....and she's darn close! These are all beautifully coordinated quilts
in various patterns....some original! It was quite an afternoon! Thanks
Susan!!!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi