Can't believe it--51/2 year old UFO completed!

Old June 23rd 09, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
heidi (was rabbit2b)

Default Can't believe it--51/2 year old UFO completed!

The stripey border on this one is the same as on Eliana's quilt. Her
mom saw the quilt and said she loved it (she won't put Eliana's on the
floor...wants to hang it in her room) so I'm going to send it to her
to be the play quilt. I'm embarrassed to say it took a minute or so
before we realized I'd used the same border fabric!

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

On Jun 23, 10:27*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Woohoo, party time! That's so cheerful and upbeat, and you're reall on
a roll with the stripy borders. Looks great! Wonderful miters!
Roberta in D

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:15:44 -0700 (PDT), "heidi (was rabbit2b)"

Old June 23rd 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
heidi (was rabbit2b)

Thank you all for your sweet comments. Yes it feels wonderful to
finish it, and amazing--7th quilt this year--after finishing exactly
ONE [baby] quilt during all of the last FOUR years!

Old June 24th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.

It's beautiful, Heidi! Love that mitering!

--
Donna in NE La.
"heidi (was rabbit2b)" wrote in message
The title says it all! Well, almost. Not sure why it looks smaller
than when it was a top (see Warm Wishes in WIP album), especially
since I added the border.

Yup, got a bit of ripple on that border, and the tension on the back
is a little iffy, but DONE is GOOD!

Old June 24th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lobo

LOL ... I read the subject as 51 and one-half year old UFO .... I looked at
the photo and thought "that's not that old!"

This is why I read most instructions twice!!! Lovely quilt, great color!!!

Lobo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old June 24th 09, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

heidi (was rabbit2b) wrote:
The title says it all! Well, almost. Not sure why it looks smaller
than when it was a top (see Warm Wishes in WIP album), especially
since I added the border.

Yup, got a bit of ripple on that border, and the tension on the back
is a little iffy, but DONE is GOOD!

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Woo-hoo! Heidi, it was worth the wait! :-) Those mitered corners on
the striped border are fantastic!

Best regards,
Michelle in NV
Old June 24th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

You're not alone Lobo. I did a double take, too, though I though it
said 51 to 52 year old g
..
In message , Lobo
writes
LOL ... I read the subject as 51 and one-half year old UFO .... I looked at
the photo and thought "that's not that old!"

This is why I read most instructions twice!!! Lovely quilt, great color!!!

Lobo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 27th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Oh, what good news - means there's hope for me!

Alice
"Do what you like, like what you do"

:
: Yup, got a bit of ripple on that border, and the tension on the back
: is a little iffy, but DONE is GOOD!
:
: --Heidi
:
: http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b
:
:

Another one completed Joanna[_2_] Quilting 10 May 4th 09 04:54 AM
UFO Completed! Nann Hilyard Quilting 7 December 23rd 07 02:43 PM
5 year project completed jennell Quilting 30 September 4th 06 04:21 AM
top completed!! Toni Schneidt Quilting 1 September 1st 06 06:48 PM
Another one Completed!!! Mika Quilting 18 January 10th 05 04:40 PM