Annoying Webshots Audio plug-ins

Old June 20th 09, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.

Default Annoying Webshots Audio plug-ins

I use firefox too and have been geting the annoying ads with sound.

--
Donna in NE La.
"Louise in Iowa" wrote in message
I'm not getting any audio either, and I'm using Firefox too. I don't think
it's actually blocking the ads, but maybe the audio doesn't work if that's
your browser.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

"Joanna" wrote in message
I tried and didn't come across any ads. I tried signing in and I tried
visiting just as a guest after I cleared the cookies. I use Firefox and
have not had any pop ups in a year at least. But still if this is going
to be an issue with my fellow quilters then I would like to know if you
guys find another free site that is easy to use.
Thanx
Joanna

KJ wrote:
Are you logging in and viewing online? Check your album, select a
photo, then click on "view online". That's when I heard the noisy

Old June 20th 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Same here Michelle. We only turn the speakers on when we have to hear some
thing.

Dee in Oz

"Michelle C" wrote in message
I have noticed new pop-ups, but as I always surf with my speakers turned

off, I hadn't noticed the noise. Hmmm.

Michelle in NV

Old June 20th 09, 08:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That's what I do, too, Dee.
..
In message , Dee in Oz
writes
Same here Michelle. We only turn the speakers on when we have to hear some
thing.

Dee in Oz

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 20th 09, 10:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

ditto.
j.

Dee in Oz writes

Old June 20th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Yeah, I don't like the distraction. I guess ignorance is bliss. ;-) HA!

Seriously, the speakers turned off system works well for me, but I don't
want anyone avoiding my webshots site because they are bombarded with
audio. Yikes!

Michelle in NV

Old June 20th 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Yes, They're annoying, but my computer has the capability to turn off the
sound! Seems like a simple solution to me.
Gen

"Louise in Iowa" wrote in message
Well, that shoots down my theory! I tried a couple of different Webshots
albums and had no problem, but I can't imagine why since everybody else is
getting those obnoxious ads.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

"Trixie" wrote in message
I use Firefox, too, and the noisy ads are all too apparent. They started
up just a few days ago.

Trixie

Old June 20th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

That only works if you aren't listening to music or a podcast while you look
at websites. It's not really that simple.
It's intrusive and very annoying. I have a lot of pictures on Webshots...I
may look into moving them somewhere else. I dread it, but I'll do it.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old June 21st 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
heidi (was rabbit2b)

This evening I've been playing with Flickr. It's very easy to use, so
I'm going to put up some more stuff. (I sent a msg to Webshots asking
whether purchasing a premium membership will let people look at my
photos without those obnoxious ads. I don't think so, because they
were playing when I happened on a premium member's site.)

--Heidi

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32113973@N05/

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

On Jun 18, 1:18*pm, John wrote:
I have noticed that Webshots has started using annoying plugins to
flog something or other that requires you to unclick it to make it
stop it's syrupy voiced intrusion. It might be time to look for a new
photo hosting site. Any suggestions? Thank heavens I have copies of
all my photo's in a back up hard drive.

John

Old June 21st 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trixie

Heidi:

Your flickr site is shaping up really nicely! I spent an enjoyable session
looking at your pictures. Thank you for the update.

Trixie

Old June 21st 09, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
heidi (was rabbit2b)

Thanks, Trixie! I was wondering whether that link would work for
viewers... And it is SO nice to be able to look at pics in silence!

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32113973@N05/sets/

Annoying Symbols Sharon Needlework 22 August 26th 08 12:41 PM
Question about diamonds (probably an annoying one) [email protected] Jewelry 4 May 2nd 05 03:44 AM
OT - REALLY annoying spam Mj Beads 8 October 24th 04 08:22 PM
OT Speaking of losing things.....was Now, this is annoying! Dr. Sooz Beads 19 September 15th 03 10:45 PM
Now, this is annoying! Cheri2Star Beads 11 September 11th 03 09:06 PM