Screen printing - think it, make it, wear it!

Old April 20th 05, 12:49 AM
olavare

Default Screen printing - think it, make it, wear it!

The personalizing in Screen printing is a big part of our business.
Many of our customers come in and say, "I need to order some painted
shirts". My first question is what would you like to do, what kind of
shirt are you looking for and how many pieces do you want? Most
customers know what it is they are looking for, but for the ones that
look for our help and advise then screenprinting is just for them.
Compared to heat pressing, twill work and embroidery this is the least
expensive way to go.

From the pizza guy to the landscapers, to little leagues, PTA's, Junior

achievements, football, baseball and hockey teams we do all kinds. Our
technique first involves the art work. It is always easier and cheaper
when a customer hands us a design print ready because there is no art
fee involved but our expertise is designing. Our creative artists can
come up with anything your heart desires. Just by giving us an idea of
what it is you want we are happy to work with the customer by providing
a few renditions to choose from. We discuss size and colors. We work
on front, back, sleeves of T-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets plus pant
legs, shorts and even towels. We have even prided ourselves with doing
some creativeness in screening a patch to now be sewn. We have
experimented with hockey and football jerseys. They were a work of
art. All designed by us with the customers ideas and approval.
The process of screen printing works like an assembly line. First the
art work is designed, customer approves, then the art (in our business
term) is burned on an actual screen. When the screen is produced we
are ready to print. Shirts and garments are placed on a palate and
then hand painted by us. We are a small business and have the
capability of using up to 4 colors. All or our customers so far are
satisfied with that. Although we are looking to expand, we hope to
offer more in the near future. Then, the garment goes into a dryer
baking it in heat of 600 degrees. Our product is now complete.

Depending on colors, designs and how many shirts you do that is how we
determine the price. There is a one time art charge of $30.00, unless
you change the design. There's a screen charge of $35.00 for each
color and design used. Example: Front, back, 1,2,3 colors all need
their own screen which is good for up to one year. If our customers
decide to reorder after that time a fee of $5.00 will be added to the
bill.
We do discount all customers whose orders have multiple screens.

Screen printed T-shirts can run anywhere from $7.00 to $15.00 per
shirt. Sweatshirts, jackets and patches are more. Quantity of 100 or
more will be discounted.

It's all up to you!
Screen printing makes a statement of its own. There are many colors
and fonts to choose from. Schools have their graduation and field day
shirts, teams do their practice and gym shirts, dance studios advertise
and all look conforming when going to competition. Firemen personalize
their firehouse and logo on their shirts. Its great for fundraising as
the profits are endless. They also make great favors for Sweet 16's,
Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, birthday parties or just as a gag gift.

Next time you would like to promote something special think of
screen-printing and customizing your own garments to suite your
personal needs.

And remember, we do all work on our premises.

Gail Curylo

Spartanembroidery.com