So, what is everyone doing today?

Old August 28th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MelissaD

Default So, what is everyone doing today?

Yum -

This sounds good - any kind of cheesecake is my favorite! I cheated for
dinner today - had some ground buffalo in the freezer and a ton of peppers
and tomatoes from the garden so there is a big batch of chili in the
crockpot right now. Will probably make corn muffins to go with.

Taking a break from painting right now. We had the entire outside of our
house painted yesterday - it's needed it for at least 5 years and also
painted the inside remodeled family room and front hall. I decided I wanted
to add some trim color outside where I originally didn't but gave up for a
while when the sun was on the part of the house I was painting - too hot for
me - 90+ in Sacramento area today.

Stitching-wise I'm more than half done with Drawn Thread's Nantucket
envelope design ...and getting kids ready to go back to school tomorrow!
There will be a bunch of cranky folks in the morning!

"bungadora" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, you got me just as I was finishing my beer. One beer and you can
talk me into almost anything.

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
(Gourmet Magazine, September 2001)

For crust:
1 cup slivered almonds
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted

Filling:
8 oz. white chocolate
4 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup plus 2 tbs. sugar
4 whole large eggs
2 large egg yolks
2 tbs. all purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups fresh raspberries

Make crust:
Finely grind almonds and crumbs in a food processor and add butter,
blending until combined. Press over bottom and 2/3 up the side of a 10"
springform pan.

Make filling:
Preheat oven to 350F
Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a large metal bowl set over a
saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth, and remove
from heat.
Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy,
then beat in sugar. Add whole eggs and yolks, 1 at a time, beating well
at low speed and scraping down bowl after each addition.
Beat in flour and vanilla until just combined, then add melted
chocolate in a slow stream, beating until filling is well combined.
Arrange berries in a layer over crust and pour filling into crust. Bake
in middle of oven until cake is set 3 inches from edge, but center is
still wobbly when pan is gently shaken, 45 to 55 minutes.
Run a thin knife around edge of cake to loosen, then cool completely in
pan on a rack. Cake will continue to set as it cools. Serve at room
temperature, or chilled.

Dora

lucretia borgia wrote:
"bungadora" ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with
I had people over for dinner last night, and while making white
chocolate raspberry cheesecake, noticed the oven was dirty. So I got up
bright and early this morning, ate some leftovers, and went to Safeway
for some oven cleaning stuff.

You could spend a few minutes typing out the recipe for the white
chocolate raspberry cheesecake lol

I like white chocolate and raspberries are my second favourite fruit,
so it's very tempting, pretty please ???

Old August 28th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

lucretia borgia wrote:
I didn't think it would so easy lol Many thanks, I am sure other
people will like it too, I shall make it next time I want a dessert
for taking somewhere.

Oh yes, people like this one. I should have sent some home with my
guests, but didn't think of it until they were gone. Fortunately some
of my neighbors were gathered in the common area. So I took it over and
like good neighbors they were willing to share my burden. Sharks on a
feeding frenzy comes to mind for some reason.
Dora

Old August 28th 06, 10:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

Looks like many of us have been doing laundry! We have Richard, Carla, and
Richard`s two boys here for a few days - an Richard`s just gone over to
Woodbridge to fetch our oldest, Due, so it looks like turning into an even
more exhausting day than the last few have been! LOL! Great to see them,
all the same, but I bet we sleep for the next two days.

Maggie (dog) thinks that all these people to make a fuss of her are simply
WONDERFUL, particularly two teenage boys to run around with! Boy, I`d
forgotten how teenage boys can EAT!

I still managed to get a lot of stitching done on my "Houses of Parliament",
anyway. I want to finish it fast so I can get started on the Native
American Wedding sampler from the leaflet full of Wedding samplers that
Dianne sent me. It got here in TWO DAYS!!! Incredible! Thanks Dianne - I
love it.

The N.A. one is ideal as Richard and Carla have been together for about four
years and plan to marry "some time soon", so this particular one suits all
situations!

Pat P

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 8/27/06 12:25 PM, in article , "Karen C -
California" wrote:

I put a load of laundry in, and now I'm going to settle in with some
stitching. I have about 2000-2500 stitches left on a birthday gift. If
I make a point of working on it daily, it'll be done in time.

I'm stitching away on Ladybug Gardeners and watching Mike Palin in the
Sahara. Right now is a brief computer break to see what all of you are up
to!

Cheryl

Old August 28th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

DS has high school orientation in the AM - he has to be up for the bus to
come by at 7:30 AM. As of Thursday, the bus will arrive around 6:30 AM.

That's obscene.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old August 28th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

--

I agree - and that's why I am taking my kids to middel school this year
instead of them riding the bus. Especially since school doesn't start

Old August 28th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Well, it's Monday now and I spent three hours on Sunday evening trying
to figure out how to send out our swim club invoices. The program is
NOT user friendly and deleting mistakes is almost impossible - I
eventually had to delete and re-download the whole database and start
from scratch. Now, if someone can tell me how to find my SMTP (and I
know one of you can!), maybe I can actually get them sent out!

Linda W.

Old August 28th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/27/06 6:27 PM, in article
, "Karen E."
wrote:

Karen C - California wrote:

I put a load of laundry in, and now I'm going to settle in with some
stitching. I have about 2000-2500 stitches left on a birthday gift.
If I make a point of working on it daily, it'll be done in time.

I'm drying out and catching up on some sleep. Camped with DS's Boy Scout
troop this weekend and it rained both nights, torrentially. The first
night, my tent leaked. We're talking sieve-style leakage here. Rained
straight through the top, seeped in at the sides, just everywhere. I
tried sleeping under my rain poncho for a while but then I got too
sweaty so I was just a different kind of wet. Slept a few hours in my
car that night. Fortunately, it was dry during the day Saturday so I got
my gear dried out and threw a tarp over my rain fly. When it poured last
night there was some seepage around the edges again, but the middle of
the tent stayed dry so I could sleep better.

When we got home today I got cleaned up, spread out the wet stuff to
dry, and _slept_. I'm "fixing" us barbecue for dinner from our favorite
restaurant to reward me for surviving the weekend.

I did knit at the campout. A couple dads gave me some flack for it
("There's no knitting in Boy Scouts!", Tom Hanks-style) but a couple of
the boys inquired about what I was doing. I'm working on a very cute
dress for our two-year-old niece.

Karen E.

I did bring a project to camp with my GS - I spent about 10 seconds on it.
Otherwise, I was doing gimp or beads or......

Cheryl