Celtic Winter?

Old November 15th 04, 02:44 PM
jv

Why not do exactly what MLI herself does these days? Get out your DMC
color card, pick some colors that mean winter to you and change the
colors on one of the charts you already own? Oh, and don't forget to
use at least four shades of those threads she came out with, too...
Now that she's got them facing left and right, you don't even have to
be creative and figure out how to flip them 'round. You can use the
$15 you'd spend on one of her charts to find something else really
original and worth the price!

(DanielleHallOH) wrote in message ...
I've heard rumors that Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum will release a Celtic Winter to
complete the Celtic Ladies series. I know I'd love to have one; I think it
would look great to have all 4 displayed together, and I wouldn't want to leave
Celtic Christmas out all .ear round. I just started Celtic Summer last night,
and I'm hoping I can get them done "in advance" of their seasons so I can have
at least one or two of them ready to hang as their season arrives this year.

Old November 15th 04, 06:12 PM
Texasxsgal1

True, but the colors in CC are more Christmas-y than wintry, at least
IMO

So chnge them. My CC is about 1/4done (it is now a longtime UFO LOL) but I
am doing her in greens with silver replacing the gold. I have also chosen a
diferent kind, color and count linen (25 ct Dublin -forget the shade, butmuch
lighter than the original) I am planning on changing the borders and will
probably put it around all four sides, leaving off the Noel entirely. I also
plan on doing the face over one.
kathy
san antonio

Old November 15th 04, 09:58 PM
Karen E.

Texasxsgal1 wrote:
True, but the colors in CC are more Christmas-y than wintry, at least
IMO

So chnge them.

Maybe some stitchers don't feel they're up to that. Maybe some of them
prefer to use a designer's scheme but voice a desire for another color
option that they'd like the designer to provide.

Look, _I_ don't care what the colors are. Someone asked a question and I
provided a logical answer. I'm no huge fan of MLI but I am heartily sick
of the knee-jerk **** fight that starts evey time her name is mentioned
here. Three different posters have suggested making color changes on
one's own as though I was dim not to have mentioned it. Not every
stitcher wants to do that and they shouldn't feel demeaned for that.

Karen E.
--
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Old November 16th 04, 03:02 AM
Suzanne

On 2004-11-15 15:58:36 -0600, "Karen E." said:

Texasxsgal1 wrote:
True, but the colors in CC are more Christmas-y than wintry, at least IMO

So chnge them.

Maybe some stitchers don't feel they're up to that. Maybe some of them
prefer to use a designer's scheme but voice a desire for another color
option that they'd like the designer to provide.

Look, _I_ don't care what the colors are. Someone asked a question and
I provided a logical answer. I'm no huge fan of MLI but I am heartily
sick of the knee-jerk **** fight that starts evey time her name is
mentioned here. Three different posters have suggested making color
changes on one's own as though I was dim not to have mentioned it. Not
every stitcher wants to do that and they shouldn't feel demeaned for
that.

Karen E.

Hear, hear! That's exactly why I started the "Just Change It" post.
And this is true with any needlwork project, not just those that come
from MLI.
--
Suze
Cat hair? That's just an embellishment.

Old November 16th 04, 03:22 AM
Suzanne

On 2004-11-15 16:46:59 -0600, (LTuros41) said:

While I have completely stayed out of any and all discussions regarding MLI,
and I have been purposedly silent about her actions. I did observe her
behavior at that time, and I was appalled by it. I really try not to add to the
flames here, but I really do NOT blame those who are upset by her and some of
her actions.
sincerely,
Linda
(back to lurker status)

I am neither accusing nor defending MLI. Other than being sorry that
she apparently bruised many feelings here, I couldn't care less what
her beliefs are. When I buy a chart or kit, it's because I like the
looks of it, not because I "worship at her altar" as someone put it. I
don't need to be told I'm an idiot because I like the work of MLI or
any other particular designer. It's gotten to the point that I almost
dread it when anyone here mentions MLI because of the slew of invective
replies I'm sure will follow. And rather than having someone tell me,
"Don't read them then," I'd much rather they wouldn't write them. I
read them because I'm hoping someone somewhere in there will actually
give some helpful advice, which happens occasionally. Just because
some people hate MLI doesn't mean they have to bombard the ng with all
their negativity every time she's mentioned. Maybe the RCTN FAQ should
include, "Be prepared to be spat on if you dare to say anything good
about MLI." Those of us who ask for advice about any of her work are
looking for help, which is what I thought this ng was for. We don't
need to be told to toddle over to her message group and not bother
anyone here. Liking her work doesn't make me one of her toadies or
sycophants, and I don't need to be treated that way.

Old November 16th 04, 06:19 AM
Laury Walkey

DanielleHallOH wrote:

I've heard rumors that Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum will release a Celtic Winter to
complete the Celtic Ladies series. I know I'd love to have one; I think it
would look great to have all 4 displayed together, and I wouldn't want to leave
Celtic Christmas out all .ear round. I just started Celtic Summer last night,
and I'm hoping I can get them done "in advance" of their seasons so I can have
at least one or two of them ready to hang as their season arrives this year.

Another place to check out for info on conversions and updates on Celtic Winter is
http://p066.ezboard.com/flavenderandlacefrm20 . Some of the conversions done
by these folks are really quite nice. I'm almost convinced that I need *another*
series to stitch. :-)

Cheers,

--

Laury

My photos: http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/laurywalkey/my_photos

Old November 16th 04, 11:18 AM
Caryn

From: "Karen E."

Texasxsgal1 wrote:
True, but the colors in CC are more Christmas-y than wintry, at least
IMO

So chnge them.

Maybe some stitchers don't feel they're up to that. Maybe some of them
prefer to use a designer's scheme but voice a desire for another color
option that they'd like the designer to provide.

Look, _I_ don't care what the colors are. Someone asked a question and I
provided a logical answer. I'm no huge fan of MLI but I am heartily sick
of the knee-jerk **** fight that starts evey time her name is mentioned
here. Three different posters have suggested making color changes on
one's own as though I was dim not to have mentioned it. Not every
stitcher wants to do that and they shouldn't feel demeaned for that.

Karen E.
--

Touchy touchy!!!

We suggested it because we felt it was helpful. We also suggested going over
to Marilyn's Yahoo Group with these questions. We were offering ways to make
CC more wintery without waiting for MLI to get around to it or spending
$16/chart when she does!

If you don't like the way RCTN works then keep to the "garden" like MLI does.
You are a member over there, afterall.

Caryn

Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html