So, what is everyone doing today?

Old September 3rd 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Off topic - that meal WAS So, what is everyone doingtoday?

On 9/3/06 4:55 PM, in article , "Karen C -
California" wrote:

Lucille wrote:
I think I'm glad I was born in the city where
the only animals were horses that belonged to the police and house pets.

Oh, I forgot the flying rats that some people call pigeons!!!

Lucille

My very dear Lucille, I have been to some portions of NYC where they had
an animal you forgot, and in great abundance ... rats.

I wonder what ragout of rat would taste like?

Blah!

Old September 3rd 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

California" wrote:

Lucille wrote:
I think I'm glad I was born in the city where
the only animals were horses that belonged to the police and house pets.

Oh, I forgot the flying rats that some people call pigeons!!!

Lucille

My very dear Lucille, I have been to some portions of NYC where they had
an animal you forgot, and in great abundance ... rats.

I wonder what ragout of rat would taste like?

Blah!

Another incident in my life, but I don't remember any of it except the story
that was told over and over, was something that happened when I was an
infant in my crib and my father went to check on me, which was an odd thing
for a man to do in the olden days when I was young. He did it because he
said he had a creepy feeling that something was wrong. There was a rat in
my crib, probably attracted to the bottle of milk I was drinking.

He chased it and it bit him on the ankle. He showed me a scar to prove that
it really happened. Fortunately he was able to catch the rat and have it
tested for rabies. I must have heard that story 500,000 times when I was
growing up.

Yuucchhh!!!

Old September 3rd 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
"Lucille" ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with

After following this thread, I think I'm glad I was born in the city where
the only animals were horses that belonged to the police and house pets.

Oh, I forgot the flying rats that some people call pigeons!!!

Lucille

Nice, country pigeons, make excellent pigeon pie.

New York pigeons are very definitely not the same thing. Dirty, noisy,
annoying birds are they.

Old September 4th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
"Lucille" ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
. ..
"Lucille" ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with

After following this thread, I think I'm glad I was born in the city
where
the only animals were horses that belonged to the police and house pets.

Oh, I forgot the flying rats that some people call pigeons!!!

Lucille

Nice, country pigeons, make excellent pigeon pie.

New York pigeons are very definitely not the same thing. Dirty, noisy,
annoying birds are they.

Well you will notice I did specify country pigeons, mostly because I
think a city pigeon would probably taste pretty foul compared to the
country pigeon who dines on grain mostly lol

I used to put out alcohol soaked grain on Dartmoor in Devon and just
gather enough later for a pie ! Pigeons that was, not grain.

Are you saying you had to feed them alcohol to get them to lie down and be
cooked? It sounds to me like it should be against the law to take advantage
of a drunken bird?

:*)))

Old September 4th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

[...]

I thought it was a nice reward for an early demise lol It was not
considered 'sporting' to do that, but at least the carcass was intact.

Note to self: Beware of any alchol enhanced food that Sheena might offer!

Mavia

Old September 4th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
"Mavia Beaulieu" ,in
[...]

Ooh la la ! My name is not Sweeney lol

...........and you're not named in my will! ....so I guess I'm safe! LOL

Old September 4th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default So, what is everyone doing today?

On 9/3/06 3:07 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 9/3/06 12:23 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 9/3/06 8:57 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

*snip*
Yup, indeed. Generally a couple of our good friends have our Row D seats,
and we probably do the early dinner or brunch avery 5-6 games or so. He
plays on DH's team, and she's a biking fanatic. Anyhow - she and I enjoy
the sight, the guys groan. Expecially when we see the 2 on the ice shooting
pucks thru the photo hole - from quite far away. Talk about some precision

WOW!

True - definitely wow - especially on fresh ice - in shower shoews.

- plus the view without the extra gear is a worthy one ;^) Hockey skaters
- great glutes & quads...

ellice

Which is why finding pants to fit DD is such pain!

LOL - well, I certainly understand this problem. DH & I were just
discussing this. When I was a young, fit, tennis player - my best friend
and I IIRC had problems with short sleeve shirts (cuffs) in middle/high
school. Both had the suddenly big right fore-arm - meant opening a lot of
seams. With DH, who has been a goalie forever (and played football thru
high-school - sticking with hockey in college as his prefered sport, and
fear of being killed at 6' on the line in Div I) - the sizeable above the
quads is an issue. For him, we've found that in Nordie's there are several
lines of slacks that will fit. Finally even found some eased, flat front
pants (I hate pleated, but usually that's what he's had to wear). For jeans
- lower rise, boot cut seam to be looser. I wonder if in the kid's
department you can find something like that.

OTOH, I took a couple of more advanced sewing classes this past year -
including pattern-drafting. One was bodices, the other pants. So, now I've
actually got a master pattern that gives me a basis for doing pants. IF you
guys were local, I'd do the same for the namesake! Talk to me off-line -
I'm in the sewing mode this month - maybe we could work something out if I
send you what I'd need for measurements - then I could draft a pattern, send
a muslin (fitting garment) and we could go from there. Some awesome fabric
in G-Street right now.

Ellice

Old September 5th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

wrote:

So, what was your grandmother's
reaction to him so unceremoniously depositing her hard work that way?
Did you ever hear? LOL again!

Since she told me about it with great glee, I assume complete satisfaction.

Sounds like a grandmother I would like!

Joan

Old September 5th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Pat P wrote:

Hmm - with the weather cololing down a bit, maybe it`s a good thing that
they don`t make rhubarb flavoured chocs. Not that I`ve yet discovered,
anyway!

You don't need to look, either! Of course, if you sent that, there'd
be *no* chance of anything being added to my waistline! LOL!

Joan