Banned from the Garden!--very long

Old July 22nd 03, 03:43 PM
sunflower

I hardly call my statements 'pompous'

I happen to be proud of my home -
Sarah
"Caryn" wrote in message
Excuse me - guess I have to clarify - I LIVE IN A MINI HOME PARK~ AKA
Trailer Park GET IT!

Sarah

I think most of us were wondering if you did!

But it is a nice change from your usual pompous statements about yourself.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)

Old July 22nd 03, 03:44 PM
sunflower

Try reading

Sarah
"Caryn" wrote in message

You didn't see the apology - that's all.

Hello?

Seems nobody did! As the apology was to me, I would love to see it!

Old July 22nd 03, 03:45 PM
sunflower

WHISPER WHISPER

My truck is almost 16 years old - it's made of metal not plastic - I live in
Nova Scotia - my truck was produced before they were EVER considered SUV's

Sarah
"SunFire" wrote in message
. 227.77...
"sunflower" wrote in
:

UH no - I drive a 1988 Chev Blazer actually.

Thanks!

Sarah

Whisper, whisper, just so you know. In the U.S., Blazers are considered
SUV's.

Linda
owner, eStitch.com

Old July 22nd 03, 03:50 PM
sunflower

You are SO right Dawne! My daughter had her first trip to the library a few
weeks ago when we started "Toddler Story Time" there. She LOVED all the
books (her fav word at the moment is BOOK LOL

I used to work at the library when I was 14 (my very first job as a
student page. I really enjoyed it!

Thanks for the heads up about the reader's lists - I'm going to check and
see if my library has those on Thursday!

Sarah

"Dawne Peterson" wrote in message

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote ...
(excerpted) As much as i appreciate , book lists given by Tv
personalities like Oprah, if you are such a strong wiled person , why
not go to your public library and discuss your interests with one of
the librarians , she / he might give you a list of books , either
classical , professional , or contemporary that will fit your needs or
appetite for reading. (snip of other good advice on reading)

My local public library posts lists of authors who write in particular
fiction categories on the ends of bookscases. So, there might be a list

of
"colourful detectives" or "period romances." One day I saw a list headed
"Just Good Stories". The librarians work from their own reading enjoyment,
and also from patron comments. Many of the patrons appreciate finding

more
authors who write in their favourite genres. They used to have Oprah's

list
up too, but since it has become quite long they have included it among the
searches on their on-line catalogue, along with fiction and non-fiction
best-seller lists from several sources.
A library is such a wonderful resource. .
Dawne

Old July 22nd 03, 03:51 PM
sunflower

LOL! Yeah ~ I started slamming people first OKDOKIE

have a GREAT day LYNNE

Sarah
"Lynne M." wrote in message
om...
"sunflower" wrote in message

I notice there are no reponses to my apology to Caryn - apparantly the

only
way to get a reponse is to slam someone or disagree with one of the
'popular's viewpoints.

Sarah
"

Oh, come on, what do you expect people to do? Throw you a party?
I daresay that quite a few people have you kilfilled; I have seldom
seen anyone enter a ng so loudly and unpleasantly. Yes, it's good
that you FINALLY, after about 850 posts, decided
to say sorry to Caryn. But really, it's only because of her
maturity and willingness to continue to offer you some help if
you would finally listen that that happened. She set the stage for
it -- not you.

Where are the rest of the apologies? Your introduction to
this ng has been to insult and be nasty to nearly everone who
has attempted to speak to you, all the while attempting to
"help" MLI -- who doesn't need it. Let's see, I think I'm the first
person you called an old bat, you also told me that you didn't
give a damn what I thought about anything, and so on and so forth.
We could take about 20 more names and put together the same type of
list for nearly each of us. Sorry your words are coming
back to haunt you, but you have posted so many of them -- and
told people that you were having fun doing it! You told me,
with some heat, that respect had to be earned -- so start earning
already.

Lynne

Old July 22nd 03, 04:19 PM
sunflower

WOW - That sounds like such a great library Jan - I'd end up spending most
of my time there for sure!

Sarah
"Jan Lennie" wrote in message
My little girl has been surrounded by books since she was born as we are

all
avid readers in our house . There is even a read with your baby scheme

here
, when you go for the 9 month baby check (I think it was anyway) you get

good quality cloth back with half a dozen simple starter books for babies
(cloth and board and the local library's joining details and opening times

..
I live in a village so our library is one small room but the selection of
children's books is very good and any book can be ordered in. Once a month
they have a toddler story time during which they have stories on a theme ,
colouring , treasure hunt and nursery rhymes . In the winter when it gets
dark earlier they have evening sessions where everybody (children that

is -
although the library staff join in) wears pyjamas and brings their

favourite
'cuddly' and they have stories , hot chocolate and biscuits (cookies).
Jan

Old July 22nd 03, 04:28 PM
Jan Lennie

Unfortunately as it's a village library and we share the librarian with
other villages - also the mobile library for those villages without a
library ,the library is only open 3 half days a week . I do however take
Ellie to the next town which has a big new library which was opened by the
Queen last year . They have all the 'mod con's' i.e. computer access ,
children's corner with crayons and kiddie sized chairs and a train with
books in the pockets , it's also attached to the small local college so the
access is good for course books etc.
Jan

.

,

Old July 22nd 03, 04:34 PM
LdyTegan

My truck is almost 16 years old - it's made of metal not plastic - I live in
Nova Scotia - my truck was produced before they were EVER considered SUV's

Oh, Sarah... I wasn't gonna, but... okay.. so a Blazer WAS considered an
all-terrain vehicle... what do ya think the current SUV's are? Plastic, metal..
that part doesn't matter.. they are still what the current media is selling as
an all terrain vehicle. The old Blazers, Broncos Cherokees and whatever other
models you can remember were manufactured for the same basic reason as the new
ones. Your Blazer (and my Dodge pickup, for that matter) were made back when
all vehicles were heavier. Just because it's a larger, heavier machine, doesn't
mean it's not the 80's equivalent to the current SUV's.
Tegan

Who we are never changes. Who we think we are... does.
- Unknown
Old July 22nd 03, 04:37 PM
Sharon Capps

Ellice wrote:
On 7/21/03 8:46 AM,"Sharon Capps" posted:
*snip*

I think that at least with the Veggie Angels you're missing the point. That
is just a stream of fun being had, or silliness, generated out of this
lengthy, somewhat hateful thread.

I don't believe the Cabbage, Kale, Brocoli, Artichoke (mine -with prickly
outers) Angels are aimed at making fun of or degrading MLI. It's just
silliness which has erupted. And it's kind of taken life of it's own -
they're funny ideas.

Heck, people made money selling ugly Apple Dumpling head dolls.

Just my two cents worth
ellice

Point take regarding the veggie angels. Everybody has a right to humor
but I just hate to see it at others expense such as the vagina remark. I
also have seen the flower fairies and would never buy them as I find them
them to be too much alike except with different flowers. Please do not
feel that I am saying that I don't like them as I think they are lovely but
it I want a rose I will stitch one without the fairy. They must sell or
the designer wouldn't feel the need to do more of them. Everybody has their
own taste and that is a good thing or designers would really have a
problem. LOL.
Sharon

Old July 22nd 03, 04:40 PM
emerald

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
I like to be MY age , Just turned 60 years and am extremly proud of
it, i made it , i survived wars, and illnesses and terror acts and I
am here , How wonderful.

True indeed, Mirjam! In the past few years, two of my university class mates
have died of cancer. There may be more that I don't know about. It's a
sobering thought.

Life has given me a head full of silver
medals, for all my achievements. And as my head has no more place for
reading etc,, my body widened a bit to accomodate place for more
collected knowledge.

Great description! Perhaps Stitch Lady can now design us the "Angel of
Knowledge" who looks just like this smile

emerald

a proper intro? -- long Peggy Beads 37 September 27th 04 07:47 PM
Hellooo! Anyone remember me? (long...epic-ly long ;o) Kyla Beads 16 May 23rd 04 10:28 PM
THIS THURSDAY 4/22 - Long Island Pen Club Meeting Nancy Handy Rubberstamps 1 April 24th 04 07:37 AM
AD: Millenium Garden Workshops Stephen Polymer Clay 0 August 16th 03 03:33 AM