Banned from the Garden!--very long

Old July 22nd 03, 01:59 PM
sunflower

Have a great day Mrs. PP

Sarah
"Pat Porter" wrote in message
Oh for goodness sake - do drop the hypocritical "Thankyou" at the end of
your posts, Sharon - it`s EXTREMELY irritating. Almost as much as Sarah`s
"Have a nice day/evening/weekend " after one of her ramblings.

Pat P

"Sharon Capps" wrote in message

I feel that there is a double standard here. There are many that feel

some
jump to MLI's defense but that is exactly what they are doing here for
Caryn. This is between Caryn and Sarah. Why not let it ride. I

think
the
statements about looking like a vagina, farting, cabbage angels and

such
are twice as nasty and not in any way about the issue. It is just one

more
reason to make fun of and degrade a designer. If they don't like it

done
to Caryn then they shouldn't do it to others. How do you think they

would
feel if they were the one, I did say one person, that was on the

receiving
end of this pack of mad dogs. I don't think that they would be able

take it and that is why the same few people keep coming to the rescue.
They have done this ever since I have been here and many good

knowledgeable
people have left the list because of it. It used to be used for

needlework
disscusion and some off topic but now it is 90 percent off topic.

Thank
you
Sharon

I am not part of anyone's herd or clique or garden or anything. I lurk

mostly...post
occasionally, usually with either a question or, sometimes, and

answer.
I don't know
anyone here beyond what I read here and don't have any personal

interest
in this.
So....as an outside observer" so to speak I'd like to offer this...

The main difference here (as I see it) is that while most criticism on

one side ("looks
like a vagina", "looks like cabbage" etc) has been aimed at a WORK,

most
of the criticism
from the other side has been aimed at a PERSON. There IS a difference.

can HATE a
design but it doesn't mean i hate the designer. I can LOVE a designer

but not all her
work. Criticising a design is NOT THE SAME as criticising the person

who
designed it.
A design is fair game....a person is not.

EJ

Then what you are saying is that Sarah had the right to say the things

she
did about Caryn's designs as they are fair game. The brood quickly came

her defense and defended her designs. I think that is great but why
shouldn't someone defend MLI's designs. I don't believe in name calling
but I have seen it on both sides. Who said what first is beside the

point,
if we have the standards that are so discussed on this subject then

maybe
nasty name calling response is not what we should respond with. I guess

have a little more respect for the designers than to publiclly make fun

of
their hard work. I may not like their designs but I sure don't make fun

of
them like a few on here do. I have never said that the things Sarah

have
said are right or wrong. Maybe you need to take a look at the things I
have said. Thank you
Sharon

Old July 22nd 03, 02:07 PM
animaux

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:04:40 -0600, "Dawne Peterson"
wrote:

I've had to drive to Saskatoon and back (about 300 km) twice in the last
10 days for not happy family matters, and one of the things that lightened
my heart was the sight of a herd of donkeys (the burro type) in a field
just south of Dilke. You are right--they are lovely animals, and it is
nice to see them being raised for the enjoyment of them.
Dawne

My favorite garden center has two donkeys. They are small, and I believe they
are burrows as well. Sweet as sugar, stinky as stinks can stink, but they have
the sweetest way about them. I love to touch their rubbery ears. The thing I
love the most is to go up north to Glen Rose TX and hand feed the 16 feet tall
giraffes. Now THAT'S living.

Old July 22nd 03, 02:08 PM
Pat Porter

Oh dear - you sound like our daughter. We`re 68 and 71 respectively, and
Sue (47) really cheers us up (???) by constantly phoning to make sure we`re
OK "because I`m not old enough to be an orphan yet!"

Poor girl has Bi-Polar disorder, so we don`t say anything - but really we
don`t need reminding that time`s running out! Good thing we both have a
rather black sense of humour!

Pat P

"Meredith" wrote in message
For me, it's anyone older than my parents (both 54), because my parents
can't be old yet!

Meredith

Stitch Lady wrote:

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
Secondly, not all of us who are posting to you and reminding you that
what you are saying is less than civil (in some cases), are seniors.

Of
course, 20-something's think anyone over 35 is a "senior", so maybe by
your definition . . . .

Ooooooooooh... That means I will be an old bat next year... LOL LOL LOL

LOL

Thanks for forewarning... VBG

But then again, from our perspective anyone younger than a certain age

is
usually still green around the ears...

Note the omission of any age definition for obvious reasons... LOL. I

don't
want to offend the green-eared individuals here.

Unless they are Martians of course because age doesn't matter ever...

Stitch Lady

---
This email has been certified to be free from viruses.

Old July 22nd 03, 02:15 PM
animaux

Yes, very interesting. I believe I sent a copy of the film about her to my
mother. If she still has it I can get it back and mail it around. She was
definitely before her time. The film shows her being interviewed by Donohue,
Mike Wallace, and others back in the 60s or 70s, I don't recall. Atlas Shrug is
another of her novels, as a suggestion.

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:21:14 GMT, "Lucille" wrote:

I read Ayn Rand many, many years ago. Really too many years ago so now I'm
going to have to trot off to the library (well my trotting days are over so
I'll drive) and get The Fountainhead out and see if I like it as much the
second time around as I did the first time. And talk about controversial
females--boy was she one.

I never noticed a biography on her but I'll be sure to watch for it because
as you said, she was one interesting dame.

Lucille

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
On 21 Jul 2003 04:21:57 GMT, ekoluvr (Tia Mary-remove

From: animaux

Now, if she or anyone here reads Ayn Rand, I'd be rather impressed.

OK -- time to be impressed -- I read her stuff -- liked it too!! AHHH
Architecture, etc. -- been awhile so maybe I should hie myself off to the
libraby and check some books out. Of course, the young'uns won't have a

clue
who she is unless they are English Lit majors or sumpin' like that!!

CiaoMeow

Did you see the recently made filmography of her life on Bravo? It may

have
been on a pay channel, since there were no commercials. It was over two

hours
long. Wow, she was indeed a driving force in the world with her ideas.

Which have you read?

Old July 22nd 03, 02:15 PM
animaux

Yes, it was late and I was bleary!

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:24:33 GMT, "Lucille" wrote:

If you're going to look for the book the proper name is "Atlas Shrugged."
Lucille

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
Atlas Shrug is one she is well known for.

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 00:49:30 -0400, Meredith wrote:

Now I'm going to have to go read something by her, 'cause I was a
physics major! Look what you've done!!! :P (I have heard of her, but
haven't gotten around to reading any of her works yet.)

Meredith

From: animaux

Now, if she or anyone here reads Ayn Rand, I'd be rather impressed.

OK -- time to be impressed -- I read her stuff -- liked it too!!

AHHH
Architecture, etc. -- been awhile so maybe I should hie myself off to

the
libraby and check some books out. Of course, the young'uns won't have

a clue
who she is unless they are English Lit majors or sumpin' like that!!

CiaoMeow
^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^

their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old July 22nd 03, 02:20 PM
animaux

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:13:11 -0400, "Tere" wrote:

I don't know if anyone but me remembers, but *I* vividly recall several
years ago That Person stating she'd never sued anyone in her life. And all
of our jaws dropped, because we had JUST read her complaining about suing
the company in China who put one of her angels on a pillow. And about suing
the calendar company that had The Bride quilt on the cover -- and she said
she donated the proceeds from THAT lawsuit to charity.

I don't think the woman KNOWS what she's done!

And, notice, I didn't even bring up the most famous of her lawsuits, not
once. ::snort::

Maude

She sued Walmart as well. The image of her angel (which I don't know) was on
one of their Christmas Displays. She said she got a boatload from that one, but
also donated it to charity. I don't believe that for one second.
Old July 22nd 03, 02:20 PM
Pat Porter

"HeyPaula21" wrote in message
Ahhh - but what would all of us little old ladies working on our

pineapples,
swans and doilies want with neoclassical designs? ROFLMAO

Paula H

Hmm. I wonder why Michelangelo can show genitalia in paintings and why it
would be so bad for needlework designers to do the same. They would be
neo-classically inspired needlework designs.

Stitch Lady

Just having "naughty bits" on display doesn`t automatically make them
neo-classical! LOL!

Pat P

Old July 22nd 03, 02:21 PM
animaux

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:19:12 -0400, "Tere" wrote:

Yanno, V, I *wondered* if that were you. I remember those days. Glad to
see you!!!

I've been here for years!
Old July 22nd 03, 02:28 PM
animaux

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:42:53 GMT, Sharon Capps
wrote:

And the vagina statement wasn't. As I said I find it like a bunch of
little kids. I felt that since it was said in the same statement as the
vagina that it was a slam. If I am wrong about that I will concede but
this whole thing has become very childish and vulgar. If you see lots of
porn posts you will certainly know why. I remember when we were all told
to please put the periods in the word sex as it caused problems if you
don't. Well vagina will certainly bring on the porn groups. If you want
to discuss personal parts of the body why not go to private mail. Not
everyone likes to hear this kind of discussion on a stitching newsgroup.
Thank you
Sharon

But nobody dictates here what anyone says. All women have vaginas. Just to
brush you up on reality, we all have them and it is not pornographic to discuss
them. Especially when most of us are just laughing and joking around.

Does anything make you laugh? If so, start posting it so we can all have a
laugh. If not, don't be the stick in the mud. Join in. It's quite fun and I
believe therapeutically, this is called reclaiming our Anal Stage, according to
Freud; who, by the way, find this to be the way to keep the mind alert and
sharp.

a proper intro? -- long Peggy Beads 37 September 27th 04 07:47 PM
Hellooo! Anyone remember me? (long...epic-ly long ;o) Kyla Beads 16 May 23rd 04 10:28 PM
THIS THURSDAY 4/22 - Long Island Pen Club Meeting Nancy Handy Rubberstamps 1 April 24th 04 07:37 AM
AD: Millenium Garden Workshops Stephen Polymer Clay 0 August 16th 03 03:33 AM