Award!

Old August 23rd 03, 12:45 PM
Tracy Dunne

Default Award!

Well done to them both! Jim and I will be visiting his parents, who also
live at Deal (near Walmer Castle), in October. We'll have to pop down to the
older part of town and have a look around - sounds wonderful!

Where we live is a lovely area and very pretty with lots of sea shore
around, but my one big gripe is that so many people these days seem to be
having their front gardens re-covered with either brickwork or concrete. I
know it's more practical if you have several cars at one house (as we do),
but a few pots of flowers scattered around would soften the look of all that
concrete!

Tracy

"Pat Porter" wrote in message
Our son and his S.O. have just won a "Highly commended" for Deal in Bloom
this summer! They have no garden at all, but have set up some

window-boxes
on their old house (1780).

Frankly astonishing as Richard loathes gardening, so I bet the credit

should
really go to Carla!

Pat P
--
Do not worry about tomorrow`s troubles. Today has enough troubles of it`s
own.

Old August 23rd 03, 02:46 PM
Pat Porter

Richard`s in Coppin Street - we`re going down there about mid September! We
should have organised it better!

We`ve paved a lot of our front (not concrete thouigh - those red brick
things) but we have a huge deodara tree in the bit that`s left, and pots and
planters. They`re definitely looking the worse for wear after the long hot
spell, though. In fact they`re empty until it`s time to fill them with
bulbs.tree (can`

Pat P.