Label help

Old April 16th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte

Default Label help

I need the help of someone more eloquent than I. I have a couple of quilts
I am making for my DS's preschool teachers and have something I'd like to
say on the label, but don't know quite how to put it. They do such a great
job, and are really wonderful, caring ladies. I would like something to say
thanks for the love, time and hard work they give to our children. The
quilt is hand prints of the children in his class (working on the quilting
so I will post pictures when done) made up to look like flowers. I would
like something that conveys my message, yet ties in the design of the
quilt - something about helping our children 'bloom' I think, but what?
This is definitely not my strong point so any ideas on wording would be
greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!!

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old April 16th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

"Children reach for knowledge as flowers reach for the sun. Thanks for
tilling the soil!"
Something like that?
Don't forget pictures!
Roberta in D

Old April 16th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

This is part of the lyrics from one of the songs from the Broadway musical
Wicked. The moment I read your post -- this immediately came to mind. It
might need a bit of reworking -- but might be just the thing.

"It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime so let me
say before we part: so much of me is what I have learned from you... you'll
be with me, like a handprint on my heart."

You can read the complete song lyric he
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/wicked/forgood.htm

Since the first time I heard this -- I can imagine it being sung at High
School graduations... just seems so perfect.

--
Kate in MI

Old April 16th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

also check here--- there are some wonderful words to be found

http://www.poemsforfree.com/thanpo.html

--
Kate in MI

HUG label help Laurie G. Quilting 17 June 14th 07 01:27 AM
Red Sea Quilt label! Eddie Quilting 11 April 5th 06 09:06 PM
label issues Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 5 August 30th 05 09:56 PM
Quilt label help!! Donna Quilting 16 June 14th 04 04:02 PM
label writing Laurie G. Quilting 2 March 2nd 04 05:01 AM