What did Santa bring?

Old December 26th 05, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?

Wow, wow wow! You may NEVER come out! What a nice DH.
KJ

"AliceW" wrote in message
I was totally stunned! The DH gave me a 20" flat screen TV for my quilting
studio/office and Sirius satellite radio! I did get the best quilty gift
though, a box of Godiva chocolates!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"KJ" wrote in message
news%Crf.674611$xm3.174045@attbi_s21...
: I'm patiently waiting reports on what goodies Santa brought you all.
Santa
: came early this year and took me to Scotland with all the shopping
: exeditions included. Oh, I guess I did get a new set of tires on my van
the
: other day. Merry Christmas to me! Almost as expensive as my plane
ticket!
: Hope you all had a great day. Time to slice the roast and set the
table.
: KJ
:
:

Old December 26th 05, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Santa brought uglies

The "in-law" who will probably one day choose my nursing home so I gotta be
careful. Polly

"lisa skeen" wrote in message
ink.net...
well good grief, who gave you such a thing? I've gotta see this....

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Nope. Not Santa - but my neighbors said the fabrics looked like they
were chosen by someone who never had an ice cream cone in her life.
Anyone making costumes for the re-enactment of the Great Depression?
Polly

"MB" wrote And Santa did that to you????

Old December 26th 05, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sorry, Kathyl. You have to know what you're doing and the trumpet is just
the only one that I knew stuff about such as 'what was great to begin with"
and can only improve. Some terribly expensive musical instruments are poor
to begin with and age/use are not going to help. Sort of like SMs. How did
we get back on topic? Polly

"KJ" wrote in message
How in the heck did you score that one Polly? I guess I should start
watching ebay. DD would like to have her own library of instruments.
Want to be a "lookout" for me??
KJ

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
Jack, I wish you could hear the clarity of the $ 15 Bach Stradivarius I
found on ebay. Ah me. Just the sweetest tone ever heard. Polly

"Jack Campin wrote A bunch of musical instruments off EBay, only one
of which has actually
arrived yet (a very strange old German recorder in A, which sounds
amazing). The main one is a Continental chromatic button accordion.
I've wanted one for a long time, partly for Scottish music and partly
so I can exercise my fantasies of being a pulsating-with-passion tango
bandsman or scruffy Parisian musette player in the obligatory ribbed
sweater and seaman's cap (though I draw the line at smoking Gitanes).

Old December 26th 05, 02:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Of the quilt related stuff I received two gift certificates from my
sons. One is for JoAnn's and the other is for Borders (they sell quilt
books you know). My husband wrapped several quilt items I bought
myself this past month. Since I spent alomost $1000 on quilting this
month I really wasn't mad for him wrapping up things I had bought.
Since he was sneaky and took things from my studio without my
noticing, it was fun to unwrap the boxes and find my purchases inside.
At least he didn't just say that I had bought my own Christmas
presents. He did buy me a Nativity for my collection and a small box
of expensive chocolate truffles (the type you eat one with a cup of
coffee and savor it for half an hour) The items I bought were on a
deep discount sale but things I had been wanting such as the electric
scissors by Dritz and a 24" square ruler.

One quilting friend made me a great fabric bowl because she knew I
would never get around to making one for myself. The gals in my
quilting bee exchange homemade goodies. Several make jams and jellies
which last until the family discovers them.

My husband and I don't exchange gifts much with extended family on
either side. Gift giving has not been the focus of our celebration. He
and I attended the 11:00 p.m. candlelight service at our church last
night and then went to services with our son at his church this
morning. I was especially happy that our other son had made the effort
to join us at the service also. This meant he had to leave home rather
early this morning to make the drive and arrive on time. It was very
special to have just the four of us together for the entire day.

Susan

Old December 26th 05, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Duplo yay! My car seat covers went back today (sigh). Seems that 99.99% of
bucket seats have the gap between the back and bottom where you can stick
your hand through? Mine doesn't. Has it all neatly covered in therefore we
can't put the "tie up" bits through therefore the covers won't stay sitting
"right". Does that make sense? Now DH has to think up something else.
I've made it easy and said it can go towards a new winter coat for all those
cold mornings out on the go-kart track.

quicker)

"melinda" wrote in message news:1135563198.815377@idlweb...
Sharon Harper wrote:
LOL, we are on boxing day - washing all the new clothes the kids got,
smashing all the boxes things came in. As you may have read I was lucky
enough to get a beautiful charm bracelet, a "new" old Nigella cookbook,

the
new Pat Cornwell book, car seat covers (with the Pink Panther on), a
sleeping bag, makeup bag complete with makeup (my choice - a good Avon
dealer buy). From DH's parents I've got 3 lovely new blouses for work,

skirt and t-shirt. And everyone close by is healthy and happy. Just a
perfect christmas all round.

No new clothes here but I'm washing any way.

DS has been enjoying his new Duplo stuff, lots more new blocks in
wonderful colours and a ute and a fork lift, and his crayons.
I think he likes his big cushion he does sit on it to play.

We got a Corelle dinner setting, something I've always wanted!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

Old December 26th 05, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well Alice, you nailed it. That's exactly what the fabrics look like.
But - my joy of quilting is to make quilts for children's shelters and if I
can't sew happy stuff, I just ain't going to play. Polly

Old December 26th 05, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wanna trade one yard of YOUR ugly for one yard of mine? No, I will NOT go to
the LQS and buy something just to trade...I have 7 yards of this and I did
not buy it.

Butterfly (remember NO mail goes out tomorrow. I didn't know the PO
celebrated "Boxing Day" in the US.....)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have 20 one-yard pieces of the ugliest fabric ever printed. I don't even
think Jill Pochik would want them for house-breaking puppies. The word
"gross" is lame to describe this bouquet. Polly

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
The week before Christmas, we traded in my 2 wheel drive pick-up truck
and treated ourselves to The Beast- a big Dodge 4 door 4 wheel drive
pick-up truck. It's burgundy and has a HUGE hemi-magnum engine...
horrible gas mileage, but man does it growl nicely and it rides like a
dream! (My poor arthritic joints really appreciate that!) And I was
so touched... at 55 y.o. and a couple of marriages behind me My Hunky
Mr. Collins gave me a birthstone (dark blue sapphire) ring and necklace
with (petite) diamonds and matching birthstone post earrings- the FIRST
jewelry I have ever received from a man other than a wedding ring! He
also gave me a box of chocolates, a burgundy colored compact umbrella
to keep in The Beast, a lighted fishing bobber (for night fishing- I
usually have to shine a flashlight out on the lake to see if I'm
getting a nibble!) and a snazzy bookmarker- I tend to use rubber bands
or pieces of paper. vbg DDS#1 gave me a book- Quilter's Computer
Companion. Now I can try to learn to design with my computer rather
than graph paper and colored pencils. DDS#2 and DDIL bought us a laser
level. I see several of us received them- how do they apply to
quilting??? His DD#1 and DSIL gave me a pretty basket filled with
goodies- shower gel, small quilting supplies, some lovely candies and 4
FQs. My parents gave us a set of sheets- yummy 550 thread count, but
they are the size for the guest room bed... I didn't say anything as it
would have upset mom that she bought queen instead of king. Oh well...
the guest room needs sheets, too. ;-) And my dearest Big Sis (you
know her as Pat on her hill) sent us a marvelous "document" with the
Collins coat-of-arms and family history. What an amazing, fascinating
gift!

We had all our children and spouses and the granddarlings that live
around here for dinner yesterday and had a wonderful time. I think
this was my best Christmas ever- and that's not even including the
gifts and truck!

Leslie (so happy!) & The Furbabies in MO.