Somebody cut off my head?

Old December 8th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

Default Somebody cut off my head?

"Caryn" wrote in message
oups.com...
While pregnant with 3rd dd, I had a recurring dream that I was on a
bus with the other two, I got off with one, but the other stayed on and
I couldn't catch up with the bus. Probably explains why to this day I
count heads on a continual basis at the mall or other out of the house
activies.

Caryn

Jere Williams wrote:
When my daughters were small, I was afraid of bridges, because I had a
dream
one night where we somehow drove off a bridge, and I couldn't save them
both
in the water. It terrifed me.
--
Jere
http://community.webshots.com/user/Jere224422

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 12/7/06 10:26 AM, in article ,
"ellice"
wrote:

On 12/6/06 9:06 PM, "Jere Williams" wrote:

Now that sort of thing causes me to have a panic attack. Like in a
restaurant, if I sit in a booth that is too tight, where the seat is
too
close to the table and my belly touches -- the next thing I know is
that
I'm
gasping for breath, and only a xanax will help. Some days a tight
turtleneck will do it, others days not, but always a tightly tied
scarf
would do it, so I just don't wear them like that any more.

Interesting. I don't get panic attacks - but I get weird
claustrophobia
kind of pangs. Going over certain bridges - especially if the edge is
too
close to the water, going around in the little boat - right up
underneath
big ships (we did this a lot in undergrad school when going out to
dive
in
our little powerboat - dodging around cruise ships) - and I cannot sit
in
booth/table facing into a corner. I don't think it's the watch your
back
because you're a spy thing - just I can't face into the corner, or a
wall.
So, sometimes in restaurants DH will offer - do you want to face the
front
and I'll say no - better the rear than into the wall/divider behind
our
table. Weird the things that affect us.

ellice

I only have one real phobia - those open mesh bridges.....

Cheryl

My only phobia is - SPIDERS!!!

Pat

Old December 8th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jere Williams

Having children changes your life in profound ways, doesn't it?

When I have my grandchildren with me, I'm constantly doing head counts.
That show about Adam Walsh really made me think about things like that.

Old December 8th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jere Williams

Pat, the spider phobia is shared with my DH. He can handle anything around
the house, even snakes, but I have to deal with the spiders.

Old December 8th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

Default Phobias - was Somebody cut off my head?

"Jere Williams" wrote in message
Pat, the spider phobia is shared with my DH. He can handle anything
around the house, even snakes, but I have to deal with the spiders.

--
Jere

I can cope with any other form of wildlife, but a large spider makes my
stomach violently knot up!

My mother used to tease me by suddenly tossing a tomato stalk at me when I
was a kid, as she knew I hated spiders. She didn`t MEAN to be mean, but I`d
always jump a mile and let out a terrific shriek. She couldn`t understand
ANYONE minding spiders and picked even the largest up quite happily.

On the other hand, she didn`t like mice or snakes, which never bothered me
one bit. I think that it`s just those eight scurrying legs that give me the
willies! My oldest and dearest schoolfriend STILL reminds me of the time we
were walking and talking and I suddenly vanished. I`d spotted a spider
descending on a thread from a tree branch and just somersaulted down the
bank!!!

DH and I have an agreement - he deals with spiders - I deal with the moths
and crickets that give HIM the creeps (and the occasional frog that hops in
from the pond, and has him cowering in his chair with his feet up!) He`s
nearly 6 ft tall, and weighs 280 lbs!!! LOL!

Pat

Old December 8th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jere Williams

Well, the way I deal with spiders is to smash them flat. No touching.

But DH deals with the gekkos that get into the house, and actually came home
from work in the middle of the day several years ago to deal with a snake on
our back porch. I am truly, truly snake phobic.

Old December 8th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Caryn

Don't feel bad. We have a lot of toads around the house, and one day
we saw one in the house. It was just me and middle dd and I wasn't
about to touch it! DD laughed at me and chased it into a corner and
put it outside. It's not that they are ugly, tho they certainly
are...it's the way they can jump without warning and in directions you
don't anticipate!

Caryn

Old December 11th 06, 09:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rosemary Peeler

I'm hopeless with spiders too. A big one fell on my music when I was
playing the piano when I was a kid. I can cope with them if there's
no one else to get rid of them, but they really do freak me out.

Rosemary

PS. Sorry for the excess snippage. I just don't get how to do top
posting.

head sizes for hats bungadora Yarn 11 December 8th 05 04:49 AM
WTB: sterling silver "alien head" ring Ray L. Volts Jewelry 3 August 30th 04 06:12 AM
What to do with a glass head C Ryman Glass 19 October 30th 03 04:24 PM
Doll made from mop head julie General Crafting 2 August 18th 03 08:39 PM
turks head Gerald Diamond Knots 1 July 31st 03 02:04 PM