OT New Poll - other things we do?

Old September 14th 05, 07:50 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/14/05 12:45 PM, in article , "Dianne
Lewandowski" wrote:

Pat P wrote:
Why not just keep a set or two of spare keys at home!

While house keys are easily duplicated, car keys are not. And they are
mighty expensive to have a spare ( up to $80 U.S.) That's enough to
make you very aware and not lose your keys!! :-)

Dianne

And that is not the worst one! Volvo keys are over $120 for an "extra key".

Cheryl

Old September 15th 05, 12:10 AM
Karen C - California

Pat P wrote:
Why not just keep a set or two of spare keys at home!

Because I need to have my keys to get into the house to get them.

--
Karen C - California
Finished 7/30/05 - 50th anniversary sampler for my parents

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for aunt/uncle, July birthstone
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old September 15th 05, 12:49 AM
Pat P

"Karen C - California" wrote in message
Pat P wrote:
Why not just keep a set or two of spare keys at home!

Because I need to have my keys to get into the house to get them.

--
Karen C - California
Finished 7/30/05 - 50th anniversary sampler for my parents

I already SUGGESTED that you leave a front door key with a friend or
relative for such an event!!! ;-)))

Pat P

Old September 15th 05, 02:30 AM
val189

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

What are some of your other hobbies - other crafts, collections, manias etc?

Neat thread!!

I sing and am treasurer of my choral group. Also play keyboard and
piano for local theater productions -
Collect carved birds butr hate a lot of clutter and knick knacks
around.

Ran a feline spay/neuter clinic - fixed over six thousand cats before
we closed out doors.
Dh and I sailed and cruised for many years, but we're down now to a
simple power boat.

LIke to cook on occasion, read, volunteer my time if someone needs to
organize stuff - indexed and filed about 800 pieces of sheet music
recently for fellow musician.

LIke to workout at the gym, have practiced yoga for years.

I worked full time for over 30 years and am blissfully retired - yay.

Old September 15th 05, 02:53 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

val189 wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I sing and am treasurer of my choral group. Also play keyboard and
piano for local theater productions -
Collect carved birds butr hate a lot of clutter and knick knacks
around.

Ran a feline spay/neuter clinic - fixed over six thousand cats before
we closed out doors.
Dh and I sailed and cruised for many years, but we're down now to a
simple power boat.

LIke to cook on occasion, read, volunteer my time if someone needs to
organize stuff - indexed and filed about 800 pieces of sheet music
recently for fellow musician.

LIke to workout at the gym, have practiced yoga for years.

I worked full time for over 30 years and am blissfully retired - yay.

Val -
You sound anything but "retired," LOL! You're probably busier than you
ever were in your "working" years!

Sue
Old September 20th 05, 07:30 PM
val189

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen wrote:

You sound anything but "retired," LOL! You're probably busier than you
ever were in your "working" years!

But it's a 'nice' kinda 'busy'. All my retired cronies agree with
me.... "How did I ever WORK!!". But, as we all know, work tends to
exapnd to fit the alloted time....sheesh, I musta been a whirlwind then
at housework, etc.

Starting a new ndlpt projecr today - there goes the ironing!

Old September 20th 05, 09:24 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

val189 wrote:
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen wrote:

You sound anything but "retired," LOL! You're probably busier than you
ever were in your "working" years!

But it's a 'nice' kinda 'busy'. All my retired cronies agree with
me.... "How did I ever WORK!!".

That's what my mom says. She's as busy now as she ever was when she
worked -- maybe even busier! Every day there's something!

sue
Old October 2nd 05, 10:21 PM
faerydragon

besides needlework. i quilt, do crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzle, big
into history and making my sister crazy.
"Jan Lennie" wrote in message
besides needlework , I'm hooked on sudoku , crosswords and word games ,
general knowledge quizzes and Mah-jong. I also love reading anything and
everything from ancient history / archaeology to light weight chick lit
depending on mood . I knit and have just taken up patchwork again also

with
a new puppy in the house (black Labrador - Jasper (Jazzy) ) lots of

country
walks . I also belong to a high tech gym which I try to get to a couple of
times a week and with DD aged 5 and DS aged 17 am kept very busy !!!!!!
Jan