Happity Tippity tappity dancing

Old April 28th 04, 11:00 PM
Trish Brown

Jenn Liace wrote:

snip

The muffins sound scrumptious. Just out of curiousity, did the third
tin of milk have a different recipe? g

Jenn L.

No: luckily, the next tin had the wholemeal muffin one (or I'd be serially
baking all this week! LOL!). I've decided I don't like the muffin recipe (too
expensive and too dangerous with all that 'dense milk floating around) I'm on
the search for a better one. D'you have a nice, wholemeal, date or banana or
sultana muffin recipe to share? Something that's nice with a cuppa and nice in
school lunchboxes? ;-D

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old April 29th 04, 04:24 AM
Meredith

Glad I could help! I love the Mill Hill stuff - I'm doing a couple of
these for Mother's Day, assuming I have the time to finish them (2
weeks)! http://millhill.com/spring/sm03.asp and
http://millhill.com/everyday/mhbm04.asp

Meredith

Trish Brown wrote:
Meredith wrote:

Hi, Trish! Good to see you again! You can get the Mill Hill samplers
at their website - here's the link for their Australian supplier
http://millhill.com/global.html .

Meredith

Thanks, Meredith! That's exactly what I need! They have a nice little angel pin
that will just suit DS! ;-D

Old May 3rd 04, 01:27 PM
Trish Brown

emerald wrote:

This doesn't address the Mill Hill Beaded Samplers, but have you considered
using some of the smaller freebie cross stitch charts and beading them?
While I think the MH things are very pretty, you don't get a lot of bang for
your buck (IMO).

Yeah, I have. Mostly strawberries and violet patterns. It's fun working a XS
design in beads on waste canvas to decorate clothing. Babies love feeling them,
for some reason! LOL!

See, DS really likes the little sampler-kitty-jobbies. He loves the linen band
they come on and enjoys the finishing and tarting-up at the end. I like to get
them for him, too. His needs are precious few so I don't mind.

Oh, speakin' of which, I saw 'Eragon' in the shop the other day and bought it
for him (DS, that is). He's *wrapped* and can't wait to read it. DS is a slow
reader, though, and has two other novels to finish first. Perish the thought he
might advance 'Eragon' to the head of the pile! That would be too challenging
indeed! Thanks to all of you who suggested it! I wouldn't have picked it up,
only I know a lot of you were pleased with it. I guess I might read it while
he's not looking...

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old May 3rd 04, 02:25 PM
Darla

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:20:48 +1000, Trish Brown
wrote:

Oh! Best of luck! I've failed to grow my sweet peas for the last few years and
have finally given up! The hot spring winds have turned them into tea-leaves
just once too often

Start them in the fall, so they're blooming in late winter and early
spring, before it gets too hot. That's what we have to do with most
varieties here in SoCal.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Old May 3rd 04, 10:46 PM
emerald

snipMill Hill Samplers.

Speakin' of which: does anyone know where you can get those?

Old May 6th 04, 08:38 PM
jv

More her loss than ours. Why must we constantly mourn her more than
any of the others who have left here of their own volition? This
group has lost much with the defection of Kathy Dyer, Christina and
the spate of designers who used to feel that they could post and get
valuable feedback from this group.

(F.James Cripwell) wrote in message ...
If you are under the impression Trish might come back to rctn, you
will, I am afraid, be disappointed. She once again cross posted; from
alt.beenz. She has no intention of rejoining us unfortunately.

Old May 6th 04, 09:52 PM
Gillian Murray

Why be so unkind? Be happy that some do post, and we can miss those who
don't. Not everyone likes the same person, but we do have the option of
skipping the disliked one's posts.

I think designers et al, new ones, are still looking to us for feedback, and
they will continue to do so unless we run them off with a hostile
atmosphere. Maybe we should all live for the present and the future, and not
dwell in the past.

My goodness, I am so terribly pacifistic today; unlike the normal MOI; it
must be that I have mellowed out with age!! LOL

Gillian

om...

Old May 7th 04, 04:37 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Strange letter Lucretia Borgia , since as i recall it,Maybe Jim raised
the dust , but you sure made it blow into every body`s eyes,,
mirjam

On Thu, 06 May 2004 20:52:09 GMT, "Gillian Murray"
wrote:

Why be so unkind? Be happy that some do post, and we can miss those who
don't. Not everyone likes the same person, but we do have the option of
skipping the disliked one's posts.

I think designers et al, new ones, are still looking to us for feedback, and
they will continue to do so unless we run them off with a hostile
atmosphere. Maybe we should all live for the present and the future, and not
dwell in the past.

My goodness, I am so terribly pacifistic today; unlike the normal MOI; it
must be that I have mellowed out with age!! LOL

Gillian

The whole thing is silly. Jim seems unable to recognize that
probably his post, which sermonized, at the time Trish did repost at
rctn, did more to raise dust than any other single thing. I am
referring to last time round, not this time, although this time was no
less pompous.

So Miss Florida - we shall see you next month now I guess. I am at
two weeks to moving day but shall be installed by June and looking
forward to you coming to visit. Sharon from NB is coming down to
stay with me so she does not miss any festivities. I will be in
touch with Mavia and Ruby, trust us, we'll all be there! I am
counting on the fact that you are visiting us, not looking to see if I
am unpacked and organized lol

Sheena

Old May 7th 04, 05:11 AM
Dr. Brat

Yes, but all of us here know exactly how well your memory works.

Elizabeth