depressed over Martha

Old March 29th 04, 02:00 PM
Pat P

Just how old are you, Sally?

Pat P

"sally" wrote in message
om...
"Dr. Brat" wrote in message

sally wrote:

If you never paid her much attention, why are you pointing your witch
like nose and hairy nostrils in this direction. Buzz off.

Um, because this is a public forum and I have as much right to express
my opinion here as you do? Why is it that someone who disagrees with
you has to be treated with such opprobrium? I take it you are incapable
of holding a full time job.

Elizabeth

And I take it that you have to hold a full time job.

Old March 29th 04, 05:05 PM
Caryn

What was that recent case
of some CEO's stealing like, 60 million from thier company?????
Christ. Seriously, get real.

And you haven't noticed the 6 mo trial of the head of Tyco?

Bernie Ebbers, ex CEO of Worldcom was arrested and will go on trial soon.

Ken Delay, ex CEO of Enron, also faces a trail.

Their cases take longer to build because their crimes were more heinous.

Nobody is walking away scot-free here, just because Martha's trial ended first,
doesn't mean anything in terms of those CEO's and their cases. You might want
to try reading the newspaper and following these other trials to see for
yourself.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old March 29th 04, 05:11 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Actually, it was an on ramp. There were no lines. You were required to
merge with thick traffic after a stop. I stopped. There are no time
limits to a full stop.

Now, if you want to argue about where to stop: I wish people would stop
before the cross walk, watch for pedestrians, then go to where the
intersection is indicated (whether or not there is a painted line).

When leaving our driveway, I ALWAYS stop before the sidewalk to make
certain there are no pedestrians. Then I head toward the road.

Dianne

sally wrote:
A full stop is a good 3 seconds long. You stop where you can see the
line (5 seconds, white or imaginary from your window, than you creep
forward to where you can get a good view of the intersection(2
seconds). when you creep up and stop, you count about 3 seconds
because you're looking both ways a couple of times.

Dianne Lewandowski wrote in message ...

Darla wrote:

Where is it written that a "full and complete stop" must last a
certain period of time?

Well, I was ticketed for not stopping long enough. I learned my lesson.
It depends upon the officer's mood de jour.

Granted, the ticket didn't say I didn't stop long enough. It said I
failed to stop. But I did stop. Completely. I was aware of the trap.
Everyone in the office was abuzz about it. So I made sure I stopped.
Obviously, not long enough for the trooper's sense of what a stop is.

Dianne

Old March 29th 04, 06:52 PM
Truswell Needlework Design

I agree... I love Martha Stewart Living show, her magazine, and her
website. I don't pretend to understand the case, so I won't comment
on that. I do hope, however, that those three things will continue
while she is away.

I just watched the show Saturday, where I learned how to make cute
coasters out of cork and oilcloth. In fact, I'm going to make some
for both my SIL and MIL. I'm pretty crafty, but I never even thought
to make coasters. NICE looking coasters, too.

Summer Truswell
Truswell Needlework Design
http://www.needleworkdesign.com

(sally) wrote in message . com...
You know, no matter what we may feel about Martha, you have to admit
that it's pretty sad what has happened to her. She presents crafting
to the masses in an excellent manner. She doesn't bore the s#$t out of
us with her personality or her personal woes like other celebrity
hosts, she just cooks, cleans, and crafts and than presents it to us,
honed down and perfected by a staff of hundreds, that is a great
resource for us. Time and time again I use her websites free recipes,
hints, and instructions on various crafts. I've heard she's a bit cold
or something, but I see it as not wasting our time with useless
"humour" banter that all these other shows seem to think we want.
Sometimes when Oprah is tooooo much, and Dr. Phil is freaking me out,
Martha is an oasis of gentile calming cooking and crafting. She's
giving the public something pretty amazing, taste and functionality
all filtered and packaged neatly in a show and magazine. Sure she
wants money, but at least she doesn't ask for adoration or attention
which is so very tedious.

Frankly, i'm very sad to think that this show might not be around
anymore, and sadder still to see this guilty plea come about. It's all
so fundamentally unfair. It may be a law, but, who in here has never
sat at a stop sign for 3 seconds rather than the full 5? I haven't
felt this freaked out since Bush actually won the election. What is
this world coming too? I hope that jury did thier taxes right, 5 years
back, because if there is a Martha fan in the IRS, i'm sure they'd
like to see how pristinely honest they were.

Old March 29th 04, 08:59 PM
Caryn

I'm pretty crafty, but I never even thought
to make coasters. NICE looking coasters, too.

Every summer I crochet several lace coasters from crochet cotton (size 10).

By the end of the summer they get a little ratty, from the condensation and
spills.

They can be washed, but just don't look as nice, so I just make new ones.

I have lots of crochet cotton around anyway, so it really doesn't cost me
anything but time.

Old March 30th 04, 11:29 PM
Marjorie Holme

At least in Illinois the law is you stop before the sidewalk, for a stop
or yield. Then you may move up. I know 'cause at 16 I didn't get my
driver's license the first time I tested because I didn't know this---I
had driver's ed in an area with no sidewalks. Marjorie

Old March 31st 04, 12:24 AM
Darla

On 29 Mar 2004 03:24:15 -0800, (sally) wrote:

than you creep

Before you lecture me, learn the differences in "then" and "than."
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Old March 31st 04, 12:52 AM
Dianne Lewandowski

It's the law in Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin, too . . . but nobody
obeys it. :-)

I darn near didn't get my driver's license in Ohio because I failed
parallel parking twice. I made it on the third attempt, luckily. Still
can't parallel park. I'll walk forever to avoid it. :-)
Dianne

Old March 31st 04, 02:38 AM
Dr. Brat

Dianne! I'm surprised at you! Beaten by a little old thing like
parallel parking? Oh my. Now you just go right out there and do it
until you get it. Can't be any worse than needlelace! :-b

Elizabeth (if it's physically possible, I can park it there)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old March 31st 04, 03:11 AM
Meredith

Yeah, if you have to, you learn. I'm not saying that I get close to the
curb every time, but my parallel parking has vastly improved since I
started grad school and moved back to the city.

Meredith

Deb Milner wrote:
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:52:05 -0600, Dianne Lewandowski
wrote:

It's the law in Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin, too . . . but nobody
obeys it. :-)

I darn near didn't get my driver's license in Ohio because I failed
parallel parking twice. I made it on the third attempt, luckily. Still
can't parallel park. I'll walk forever to avoid it. :-)

I never did pass the parallel parking part of mine....finally, the
tester told me he'd give me my permit on the condition that I had to
swear that I would never parallel park while in the same city he was
in......

I finally learned about 3 years later when I lived in a mobile home
park and the ony parking we had was parallel.

--
Deb

WIP: How Great Thou Art (Leisure Arts Best Loved Hymns II)
EarthDancer (Butternut Road)