stitch from mark to mark

Old February 3rd 04, 03:44 AM
Polly Esther

Default stitch from mark to mark

Well, I'll be dipped. I finally have in my hot little hands something that
will mark the dots. Recently, someone here (bless your heart) suggested the
mechanical pencil with yellow lead from the office supply department - mine
is from Wal-Mart. I had tried every method sold as a quilter's tool and none
of them worked for me. Not on dark, medium or busy cotton prints. Not when
trying to make a dot through Mylar or Templar or whatever it is that I use.
Well...tried to use.
I can't explain it. Who cares? I don't even know what their "real"
purpose might be. But ! the mechanical pencil, as unlikely as it sounds, is
a keeper. Don't even think about taking it away from me, the 'gators have
been alerted. Polly

Old February 3rd 04, 04:10 AM
Diana Curtis

I wouldn't dream of trying to sneak past your gators. I might have tried to
put them into hibernation, dumping some of our snow upon their unsuspecting
heads but since they have a higher purpose, such as chomping stupid medical
types, I will leave them be and simply ask you what is the brand name of
this miraculous marking mechanical pencil, please.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
ink.net...

Old February 3rd 04, 04:54 AM
Sherry Starr

I thought I was the only person that had this problem. I also use a
mechanical pencils with yellow, pink, and blue lead. They are the only
things that work for me.
Sherry

Old February 3rd 04, 05:14 AM
Polly Esther

I'm reluctant to recommend the brand, it's marketed by Sanford and named
"ish". I only tried it about a dozen dots. I don't know how well it would
work on 1,000's - but it might, it just might. Nothing else has. And I don't
know anything about this brand but at least we are finally getting
somewhere. Ah, yes. Polly

Old February 3rd 04, 03:21 PM
MB

Oh, I'm glad that works for marking...!..I was in Walmart and picked up one
of those
pencils and refills and didnt think they worked all that great on paper
!!...But...maybe
they were meant for US quilters !!!!....I kept the container for the
leads....it says the brand name is
-ISH , they are 0.7 thick lead, Erasable Colored leads..Acid free....and
in the refill
pack you get 2 each of : green, blue, violet, pink, red, orange and 2 refill
erasers.
Also, says "Awesome on black"... I have the pink lead in one and tried it
on dark
paper but didn't think it was 'awesome'...but was readable . Mary

Old February 3rd 04, 05:30 PM
Butterfly

Polly, Will your Gators do 2 DDS's for us please ((((Joe's filling from last
years DDS came out--and the dang DDS will NOT redo it for 'free' as it is a
NEW calendar year--never mind he just did it LAST NOV!!!!!
Yes, we DO have new DDS with the NEW INS plan--but you would think he would
at least have the courtesy to redo it......we'll let the 'old ins fight
with the new on--the "local Company rep; says she LOVES these kinds of
inner ins fights.....as long as it isn't MORE money from OUR pocket....she
said it would NOT be : )"
Butterfly

Old February 3rd 04, 06:01 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article . net,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

Well, I'll be dipped. I finally have in my hot little hands something that
will mark the dots. Recently, someone here (bless your heart) suggested the
mechanical pencil with yellow lead from the office supply department - mine
is from Wal-Mart. I had tried every method sold as a quilter's tool and none
of them worked for me. Not on dark, medium or busy cotton prints. Not when
trying to make a dot through Mylar or Templar or whatever it is that I use.
Well...tried to use.
I can't explain it. Who cares? I don't even know what their "real"
purpose might be. But ! the mechanical pencil, as unlikely as it sounds, is
a keeper. Don't even think about taking it away from me, the 'gators have
been alerted. Polly

Glad you are happy with them. I take the full set everytime I teach
handquilting, applique or hand piecing and my students fall in love.
Class always ends with a side trip to the office supply store for their
own pencils. I've written the company asking about marketing them to
quilt shops but am ignored. Other queries to them gets me messages, so
I dunno the problem. Oh well, their loss.

I just got a pack of yellow mechanical pencil leads from Keepsake
quilting in the mail yesterday. They are marketed by Clover. I did a
quick test on black batik and it marked very nicely and didn't pull at
the fabric. So...maybe another marking option out there. I haven't
tested them on lots of fabrics or tossed anything in the wash yet. It
did erase from the batik just fine though.

marcella
Old February 3rd 04, 08:13 PM
Polly Esther

Nothing doing. Those 'gators will eat about anything but they don't "do"
dentists, lawyers neither. We do have standards you know, not very high ones
to be sure, but standards nonetheless. They thought the cardiologist was
especially gross, said he was almost rancid.
You just should have seen their eyes light up when I mentioned a lady
insurance agent, something about a new rotisserie. Polly

"Butterfly" wrote Polly, Will your Gators do 2 DDS's for us please
((((Joe's filling from last
years DDS came out--and the dang DDS will NOT redo it for 'free' as it is

NEW calendar year--never mind he just did it LAST NOV!!!!!
Yes, we DO have new DDS with the NEW INS plan--but you would think he

would
at least have the courtesy to redo it......we'll let the 'old ins fight
with the new on--the "local Company rep; says she LOVES these kinds of
inner ins fights.....as long as it isn't MORE money from OUR pocket....she
said it would NOT be : )"
Butterfly

Old February 3rd 04, 10:03 PM
Butterfly

You tell those gators -no DDS, no more skinned slow roasted turkeys in their
FAVORITE sauce for desert
Would they at least SNAP their jaws at them until they run deep into the
swamp and let some of your other critters get 'em----please-----

Butterfly (what else can I come up with to bribe em?)
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

said it would NOT be : )"
Butterfly

Old February 3rd 04, 11:20 PM
melinda

Sherry Starr wrote:
I thought I was the only person that had this problem. I also use a
mechanical pencils with yellow, pink, and blue lead. They are the only
things that work for me.

I've got proper blue drawing leads for a mechanical pencil, are they
draughting leads are something else...

I'm in Oz, so I looking for an Oz equivalent.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol