What I'm working on

Old July 29th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Default What I'm working on

I've been on a tear to finish up loose ends before undertaking something
new. This year I joined the canvaswork ornament club at my LNS (the
Stitching Post - wonderful store, and they do mail order!) and got three
behind - ornaments were stitched, but not assembled. Well, I'm down to
one-and-a-half behind now - finished assembling two, have one stitched,
partially assembled (hope to finish it tonight), and picked up this
month's kit, but haven't done anything with it yet. The two that I've
assembled look really nice; I hope to soon post scans on rctnp and I'll
let you know when they're available for viewing.

I had several pairs of baby booties crocheted and in need of felting, so
I did those yesterday, and they're darling. I use variegated yarn in
bright colors, mainly, and each pair is one of a kind. DD has a baby
shower for a co-worker to attend, so she'll take a pair. Others are
being gifted in other directions - a work colleague, DD's BF from high
school, and DS's middle school/high school days BF. I think the balance
will be donated to the community health center for new babies there.

I had another ornament stitched and unassembled and am making it into a
box for a BD gift for a friend, so I've been working on that the past
few nights. And I finished a sepia portrait of Marilyn Monroe that I had
planned to give a soft finish for a hanging for DD, but now I'm thinking
that it, too, would make a lovely box - especially since I found the
*perfect* fabric to complement it. So that plan is swirling around in my
head as I work toward checking off the long list of projects "in progress."

So many projects, so little time!

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old July 30th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

I had another ornament stitched and unassembled and am making it into a
box for a BD gift for a friend, so I've been working on that the past
few nights. And I finished a sepia portrait of Marilyn Monroe that I had
planned to give a soft finish for a hanging for DD, but now I'm thinking
that it, too, would make a lovely box - especially since I found the
*perfect* fabric to complement it. So that plan is swirling around in my
head as I work toward checking off the long list of projects "in progress."

So many projects, so little time!

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Musicwww.dirtylinen.com

Susan
If you go to my site to the exhbition "Crochet Figures " you will see
a wonderful Marilyn Monroe Crochet made By Margit Sheftolovitz.
mirjam
Old July 30th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 7/29/08 6:11 PM, "Susan Hartman" wrote:

I've been on a tear to finish up loose ends before undertaking something
new. This year I joined the canvaswork ornament club at my LNS (the
Stitching Post - wonderful store, and they do mail order!) and got three
behind - ornaments were stitched, but not assembled. Well, I'm down to
one-and-a-half behind now - finished assembling two, have one stitched,
partially assembled (hope to finish it tonight), and picked up this
month's kit, but haven't done anything with it yet. The two that I've
assembled look really nice; I hope to soon post scans on rctnp and I'll
let you know when they're available for viewing.

Good for you - you are on a tear.

I had several pairs of baby booties crocheted and in need of felting, so
I did those yesterday, and they're darling. I use variegated yarn in
bright colors, mainly, and each pair is one of a kind. DD has a baby
shower for a co-worker to attend, so she'll take a pair. Others are
being gifted in other directions - a work colleague, DD's BF from high
school, and DS's middle school/high school days BF. I think the balance
will be donated to the community health center for new babies there.

Sounds very good! Hey - can you send me the knitting pattern - I could do a
couple of pairs, as I have some baby gifts overdue as well. Don't want to
talk about the sweater I virtually completed - except for the WRONG
directions on the front pieces which now have to be ripped back a bit and
redone!

I had another ornament stitched and unassembled and am making it into a
box for a BD gift for a friend, so I've been working on that the past
few nights. And I finished a sepia portrait of Marilyn Monroe that I had
planned to give a soft finish for a hanging for DD, but now I'm thinking
that it, too, would make a lovely box - especially since I found the
*perfect* fabric to complement it. So that plan is swirling around in my
head as I work toward checking off the long list of projects "in progress."

So many projects, so little time!

Sue

You're just an inspiration. I have to go work on paperwork, interview prep,
and writing up some class info for my next teaching thing!

Ellice