Happy dance - Christmas quilt top DONE

Old August 21st 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ceridwen

Default Happy dance - Christmas quilt top DONE

Wow, an early bird! That's wonderful! Such festive colours. I can't wait
to see it machine quilted. Curious to see what you will use as
embellishments. Thank you for sharing.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

"IMS" wrote in message
I know, I know....it's only August....but I'm doing a happy dance as
I've finished my first quilty Christmas project for this year.

I still have to sandwich and quilt it, but the top is done. It came out
bigger than originally planned, partly because it was hard to stop
making the blocks once I got going -- and then after sashing it, it
begged for a colorful border all around the edges to help tie in all the
colors. Of course I had to give in (smile).

It is a combination of paper pieced blocks and appliqued blocks. The
applique was created with a pre-programmed card for my Husqvana Viking
1+. What fun it was to make. It will hang in my entryway and a matching
one (but smaller) is now in the works for my office wall.

As for finishing, I plan to FMQ in the white areas around the appliques,
and stitch in the ditch on the PP blocks. Perhaps add some embleshments,
we shall see.

You are welcome to take a look, just go here and look under "Quilts and
other stuff."

http://community.webshots.com/user/herabird

Oh, and if you'd like to take a peek at the two kids who pooped us out
last weekend, I have some pics of them playing at the local school
(thank goodness for playgrounds!) under "Family and Pets."

-Irene in cloudy CNY

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
--Mae West