August PP BOM

Old August 18th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Default August PP BOM

I was going to start this tonight but no matter how I look at it, it appears
to use 6 fabrics and I have 4 selected for each grouping. Is it me or??

--
Mary

Old August 18th 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Looks definitely like a 6 color block. I suppose you could do the reds/blues in the same tones. You
would lose the shadow effect -- but the block would still be pretty. BUT..... check out the backs
of your fabrics... could you use the front as 1 fabric and the back as a second... to get the
dark/light contrast the block shows?

Also --you are early in the year -- how difficult would it be to expand your palette and add two
more fabrics... and then work them in to future blocks?

Just a few ideas!

Kate in MI

Old August 18th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

I pulled from my stash for both pallets to start this year. Not sure I have
more. And I definitely can't buy more. I may just have to pass on the
shadow effect.

Thanks for the input.

--
Mary
. ..
:
: Also --you are early in the year -- how difficult would it be to expand
your palette and add two
: more fabrics... and then work them in to future blocks?
:
: Just a few ideas!
:
: Kate in MI
:
:
:
:
:
:
: "maryd" mardor@*net wrote in message
: I was going to start this tonight but no matter how I look at it, it
appears
: to use 6 fabrics and I have 4 selected for each grouping. Is it me or??
:
: --
: Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
:
:
:
:

Old August 18th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

Mary - can you tell me what you need for the other 2 fabrics? If so, I'll
look and send you a care pkg, aka, squishie. Email me if I can help.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

"maryd" mardor@*net wrote in message
I pulled from my stash for both pallets to start this year. Not sure I
have
more. And I definitely can't buy more. I may just have to pass on the
shadow effect.

Thanks for the input.

--
Mary
. ..

Old August 19th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Thanks, TerriLee. I'm going to play around with what I have and see what
comes up.

--
Mary
"TerriLee in WA" tlbishop at earthlink dot net wrote in message
: Mary - can you tell me what you need for the other 2 fabrics? If so, I'll
: look and send you a care pkg, aka, squishie. Email me if I can help.
: --
: TerriLee in WA (state)
: remove the cats to reply
:
http://community.webshots.com/myphot...umID=548330161
:
: "maryd" mardor@*net wrote in message
: ...
: I pulled from my stash for both pallets to start this year. Not sure I
: have
: more. And I definitely can't buy more. I may just have to pass on the
: shadow effect.
:
: Thanks for the input.
:
: --
: Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
: "Kate G." wrote in message
: . ..
: : Looks definitely like a 6 color block. I suppose you could do the
: reds/blues in the same tones. You
: : would lose the shadow effect -- but the block would still be pretty.
: BUT..... check out the backs
: : of your fabrics... could you use the front as 1 fabric and the back as
: second... to get the
: : dark/light contrast the block shows?
: :
[...]
: : --

Old August 19th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:38:44 -0700, "maryd" mardor@*net wrote:

I was going to start this tonight but no matter how I look at it, it appears
to use 6 fabrics and I have 4 selected for each grouping. Is it me or??

Nope, it uses 6 all right. I bet you have something else you could
use in your stash. A pale blue or lighter shade of purple would blend
in well with the light colored blocks. A different TOT white print
might work for you as well as a solid white or cream.

For the darker blocks I'd search the stash for a dark red/garnet or
burgundy as well as a gold or a gray. Perhaps a dark orange would
work.

You might also think about taking some of the green from the light
colored block stash and use it with the dark blocks.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old August 20th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Please send the link that shows the BOM
pattern. Ta, PAT

Old August 21st 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Paper Pieced Block:
http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/Sta...ondsBlock.html

--
Mary
:

Old August 21st 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Thanks, Mary. Cool block. For those who
wonder about the number of fabrics to
use, I suggest using the 'back' or