PING Kate Dicey - quilt shops in Wales?

Old January 24th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default PING Kate Dicey - quilt shops in Wales?

Hey Kate, do you know anything about North Wales? Are there any quilt
shops? Sorry if this is the equivalent of asking "are there any quilt shops
in North Carolina", but I'm clueless as to the geography of Great Britain
and have no idea how big is North Wales.

Thanks
--
L. P. Skeen, Summerfield NC
Organized people are just too dang lazy to look for things.

Old January 24th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

lisa skeen wrote:

Hey Kate, do you know anything about North Wales? Are there any quilt
shops? Sorry if this is the equivalent of asking "are there any quilt shops
in North Carolina", but I'm clueless as to the geography of Great Britain
and have no idea how big is North Wales.

Thanks

I have no idea at the mo, but I shall find out! Hang on...

yell.com (UK on-line Yellow Pages) shows nothing for North Wales
specifically, but that just means no-one in North Wales advertises with
them. Here's what they DO list, and the location: http://tinyurl.com/cggdz

Thompsons seems geographically challenged, but you might find something
close enough to a place you go on a day-trip to to make a side trip
worth while: http://tinyurl.com/84e6b

North Wales is beautiful and full of pointy bits!
http://www.visitwales.co.uk/53351/ADAPTABLE.html
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old January 24th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Depends where you're going to be in North Wales. There's a lovely
needlecraft place in the Wirral called Voirrey Embroidery that does cross
stitch, needlepoint as well as quilting fabrics, and they have an upstairs
gallery where work is exhibited. It's in a craft complex with some lovely
shops and a good tea room.
If you search for "Brimstage" on multimap you can see where it is.
Morag

Old January 24th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Where abouts in North Wales? There is a shop called Aberkhan that is on
the coast near Mostyn. Let me know where you are going and I'll tell
you what to see as I grew up around there.

sarah
Old January 24th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks Kate. I'm not going to Wales, more's the pity, but a person there is
coming here. I make handmade soaps, and she wants some, so I was offering
to trade for British fabric. (hoping for liberty prints...)

Old January 24th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks, but I'm not going At least not this year....although Lufthansa
did just ridiculously reduce fares from the next nearest airport to me to
over 40 European cities....WAH!

BUT - do tell where this shop is, as I have no idea where the person lives
who would be going to it.

Old January 24th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Looked on the Makower site as I know they have a list of their
stockists - and usually their stockists are good shops!
http://www.makoweruk.com/retailers.asp?loc=2

There is an Anglesey one and at least one other (Don't know exactly
which bit of North Wales you are interested in.) The roads are narrow
and twisty so the rate of progress through N. Wales is slower than you
are used to - so you can't just wizz to a shop 60 miles away for a
quick visit

If you look on the Frappa map you will find Wales on the West side of
Britain. If you find Liverpool and go slightly south the country
bulges out. The bulge is Wales and the top half is north Wales. As you
can see there are few large towns that would support a quilt shop, and
no Frappa arrows! North Wales is more famed for its wild mountainous
countryside and sheep! Anglesey is an island connected by road to the
mainland, and is where Holyhead is on the map.

Hope this helps a bit, but I am on completely the opposite side of the
country
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old January 25th 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Mostyn is on the coast not that far from Chester so North East Wales.
Do you know where your friend lives in North Wales - cos it's a fairly
large place and I might be able to help better if I knew more

Sarah

(Originally from Anglesey, my parents now live in Bangor. There is a
quilt festival in Llangollen in Feb so if you ever plan on coming over
then might be a good time)
Old January 26th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sorry to butt in (hope it's not bad form), couldn't help
overhearing.....
Abekhan is fab (especially if they're having a sale) and their craft
fabric selection isn't bad. Lovely to wander round and be inspired.
Great place to enhance the stash with a variety of fabric types, great
for those interesting in more than one fabric craft.

I wondered if you had any more information on the quilt festival. I
quite fancy the idea of combining a visit to friends/family/Abekhan and
Llangollen.

In message , Sarah
Dixon writes
Mostyn is on the coast not that far from Chester so North East Wales.
Do you know where your friend lives in North Wales - cos it's a fairly
large place and I might be able to help better if I knew more

Sarah

(Originally from Anglesey, my parents now live in Bangor. There is a
quilt festival in Llangollen in Feb so if you ever plan on coming over
then might be a good time)

--
Jo P
Malvern UK
Old January 26th 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The quilt festival is 'Quiltfest', Jo. It is held in the Royal Pavilion
just outside Llangollen. It is on from 1st to 28th February, weekdays,
and is open for traders on Sundays 5th and 12th. It is open from 10-4.
I am actually going up there this very day to take my quilts to the
organiser!! (In fact I should be hurrying up, rather than being here!).
I will be at the show part of the days: 2nd, 3rd, 14th and 15th.
It is not a competitive show, the exhibits are requested. There are
small demonstrations on most days - I do have a list of those if you
have an idea when you might like to come.
Any more info. I can give you, do please e-mail me. (I won't be around
now until this evening).
..
In message , Jo Pender
writes
Sorry to butt in (hope it's not bad form), couldn't help
overhearing.....
Abekhan is fab (especially if they're having a sale) and their craft
fabric selection isn't bad. Lovely to wander round and be inspired.
Great place to enhance the stash with a variety of fabric types, great
for those interesting in more than one fabric craft.

I wondered if you had any more information on the quilt festival. I
quite fancy the idea of combining a visit to friends/family/Abekhan and
Llangollen.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill