New Yarn - Bernat Lu Lu

Old July 24th 03, 09:24 PM
Make Up

Default New Yarn - Bernat Lu Lu

I was at my local Walmart and saw a yarn by Bernat called Lu Lu. (Its
a very plush/fluffy yarn.) I thought I'd like to make a baby blanket
out of it for my local chapter of Project Linus so I searched for some
patterns that use this yarn. I can't find patterns nor is this yarn
mentioned anywhere. (Not even on the Bernat site.)

Has anyone heard of this yarn before or is it new? (Am I going nuts
and only imagined this yarn exists???) I think Sirdar has a version
of this yarn but I don't know what they call it.

TIA
Old July 24th 03, 09:33 PM
Katherine Burgess

Probably a new yarn. I remember that I found Boa (also by Bernat) in
Wal-Mart before it was on their website.
Let us know if you find out anything else about it. How much was it?
Katherine

om...

Old July 24th 03, 10:57 PM
Claire

Dear Tia

I've just looked for Bernat Lu Lu on the web and from the picture I found it
looks just like Sirdar's Snowflake which I am using at the moment for baby
clothes. Treat it as double knitting wool and use 4 - 5 mm needles and it
works up beautifully. Washes nicely too. It can take a little getting used
to but I love the stuff.

Claire

om...

Old July 24th 03, 11:09 PM
Shillelagh

"Make Up" wrote in message
om...
I was at my local Walmart and saw a yarn by Bernat called Lu Lu. (Its
a very plush/fluffy yarn.) I thought I'd like to make a baby blanket
out of it for my local chapter of Project Linus so I searched for some
patterns that use this yarn. I can't find patterns nor is this yarn
mentioned anywhere. (Not even on the Bernat site.)

Has anyone heard of this yarn before or is it new? (Am I going nuts
and only imagined this yarn exists???) I think Sirdar has a version
of this yarn but I don't know what they call it.

TIA

It's a copy of Snowflake by Sirdar, and Patons has a similar yarn out this
year called Pixie.

I've knit with the Snowflake (chunky weight) , and I think for a baby
blanket your best bet would be garter stitch. The yarn is so fluffy, you
wouldn't really be able to see any kind of a pattern. Another easy one
would be this:

Use 5.5 mm needles. Cast on 72 stitches
1st row: Knit
2nd row: Purl
continue with these two rows until work is 24" long or desired length,
ending on a wrong side (purl) row. Cast off LOOSELY.

I hope this helps and good luck!!

Shelagh

Old July 25th 03, 02:20 AM
JudyTurpin

Just a "heads up". Snowflake comes in DK and Chunky weights. I'm not sure
about LuLu... I've only just squeezed it at Wal-Mart.(grin). BRBR

Right - and the chunky is a lot easier to deal with!
JCT
Old July 28th 03, 07:18 AM
Miss Jaime

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:20:14 -0500, "Shillelagh"
wrote:

I've only just squeezed it at Wal-Mart.(grin).

I thought I was the only one who did that too when I found a nice
yarn. LOL

Old July 29th 03, 09:16 AM
Miss Jaime

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:12:19 GMT, "Helen \"Halla\" Fleischer"
wrote:

| On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 02:18:33 -0400, Miss Jaime wrote:

I've only just squeezed it at Wal-Mart.(grin).

I thought I was the only one who did that too when I found a nice
yarn. LOL

I wouldn't buy an unknown yarn without a touch test!

Or any known yarn either. :-)