AAAAAAGH! Damn elastic!

Old December 28th 03, 01:19 AM
Lee S. Billings

Default AAAAAAGH! Damn elastic!

All you people who make stretch bracelets, HELP! How do you get the bloody
elastic to tie securely enough to glue the knot?

I'm using Stretch Magic, 1mm size. I tied a surgeon's knot, and then I put some
reverse stress on it to make sure it was good and tight... and the damn thing
pulled right out again! What am I doing wrong?

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat
"Only the powers of evil claim that doing good is boring."

Old December 28th 03, 01:24 AM
Diana Curtis

Now this is the same question I had when I first came here... but didnt feel
comfy asking.
I suspect we need a granny knot instead. Lets hear from some experts tho
please?
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
ink.net...

Old December 28th 03, 02:11 AM
Diana Curtis

It let me load it just fine. Thanks Harry. Its a great knot and a place to
learn loads of other ones. Whoohooo...
Diana, wondering if all the rambling means Harry suffers from *shell* shock.
;-)

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Harry" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:33:43 GMT, Harry wrote:

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:19:45 GMT, (Lee

S. Billings) wrote:

All you people who make stretch bracelets, HELP! How do you get the

bloody
elastic to tie securely enough to glue the knot?

I'm using Stretch Magic, 1mm size. I tied a surgeon's knot, and then I

put some
reverse stress on it to make sure it was good and tight... and the damn

thing
pulled right out again! What am I doing wrong?

Celine

This knot is for tying two lines together. It may help?
I have not tried beading as of this posting.

http://www.thaifishingguide.com/fish...s/double_uni_k
not.html

Sorry the website won't let you through that link.
http://www.thaifishingguide.com/sitemap/index.html
When the page loads.. click on Fish, Techniques & Equipment.. and then

Knots and then Double Uni Knot.
Very sorry.
Harry

Harry's Happy Place
http://harryb41.homestead.com/HarrysHappyPlace.html
My Ebay Auctions

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=harryb4 1&
include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Old December 28th 03, 03:03 AM
Harry

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:11:36 -0600, "Diana Curtis" wrote:

It let me load it just fine. Thanks Harry. Its a great knot and a place to
learn loads of other ones. Whoohooo...
Diana, wondering if all the rambling means Harry suffers from *shell* shock.
;-)

Thank you and you are most welcome! Shell shocked and just keeps going! LOL
Knots are fun aren't they?
BTW.. Just post 2 beautiful, and I do mean they are beautiful, strands of chip beads.
1 is Tiger Eye and the other is Sodalite. If these sell well I can get a few more.. maybe.
I will have to check on that one and see. They are GREAT! Trust me.
Goodness... came to say thank you and just talk and talk and talk.
Thank you.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=50
Old December 28th 03, 06:37 AM
Paula C. Hunter

After the the first knot and reverse stress, do another overhand knot and
reverse stress again. Then leave it alone for a good ten minutes or so.
For real, just put the bracelet down, don't trim it - nothing. When you
and firm. I personally do not use any glues or nail polish on the knots
after. I have sold hundreds of the stretch bracelets locally AND wear them
also.........never had one break on a customer, or myself, even with heavy
daily use (barring accident or misuse).

Paula

Old December 28th 03, 03:44 PM
MaryJLind

I think Stretch Magic is just too slick...I prefer Gossamer Floss. And you
definitely don't want to make a granny knot because that is a mistaken square
knot that will guarantee to slip out.
Old December 29th 03, 05:47 AM
meijhana

so, they are working for you? Great!

Mary

--
Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends, but grief diminishes with
every division. That is life.
"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Paula C. Hunter"
:

]After the the first knot and reverse stress, do another overhand knot and
]reverse stress again. Then leave it alone for a good ten minutes or so.
]For real, just put the bracelet down, don't trim it - nothing. When

you
]and firm. I personally do not use any glues or nail polish on the knots
]after.

interesting.
the nail polish DID hold the knots.
but for some reason, if i didn't keep pulling on the knot, the minute
i put the nail polish on it, it "slid" apart. drove me nuts for a
while, but the bracelets are a HUGE hit.

@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis