Help finding a finding

Old December 5th 04, 11:39 PM
Carla

Default Help finding a finding

On the January issue of BeadStyle, there are two brooches, and I've been
asked if I could make something like that. I read the instructions,
thought "well, that looks easy enough for me." And I can't find the
dome mesh pin back anywhere. I've checked all my usual sources and it
doesn't seem to exist in this space/time continuum.

The supplier listed in the magazine doesn't have a website, and their
business hours are hours I'm at work (and I don't really wanna make
long-distance personal calls from the office).

Does anyone know where this style pin back might be available?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Carla
Old December 6th 04, 12:31 AM
Kathy N-V

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 18:39:27 -0500, Carla wrote
(in message t):

On the January issue of BeadStyle, there are two brooches, and I've been
asked if I could make something like that. I read the instructions,
thought "well, that looks easy enough for me." And I can't find the
dome mesh pin back anywhere. I've checked all my usual sources and it
doesn't seem to exist in this space/time continuum.

The supplier listed in the magazine doesn't have a website, and their
business hours are hours I'm at work (and I don't really wanna make
long-distance personal calls from the office).

Does anyone know where this style pin back might be available?

Thanks in advance!

Yep. This place has them in Clasp form, which is pretty easy to
convert to a pin. Just glue a pin back onto it with your favorite
permanent toxic glue.

http://ornamentea.com/ornShop/index.html

HTH,

Kathy N-V

Old December 6th 04, 01:19 AM
Mj

General Bead has perforated screen components in several sizes and shapes,
but the bar pin isn't attached to them - you'd have to add that yourself.
They do have backs to hide your wiring and to glue the bar pin. Go to this
page: http://www.genbead.com/gbpics.htm#mf1 and wait until the whole page
loads, which can be a pain in the butt if you're on dial-up. Look for these
numbers: MFA021 and MFB021 - these are 20mm rounds in gold tone and white
metal; MFA025 and MFB025 - these are 28mm rounds; MFA064 is a raw brass
25mm heart shape; MFA065 is a 27mm raw brass half-round shape. You can get
bar pins just about anywhere. The project in BeadStyle calls for a 30mm
component. but I'm sure you could substitute the 28mm round and do just
fine.

I've made and sold lots of pins using good quality bar pin findings and
always used B-6000 to attach them. And now that I've found these perf
screen findings, I think I'll try some of the brooches myself! Thanks!!

Mj

--
=================================
Marjean Cline

k.net...

Old December 6th 04, 02:59 AM
katiewise

My favorite funky bead store has them. They have them in oval, round,
and wavery square. (that would be the technical term.... )

www.bobbybead.com/BaseMetalFindings/Misc.htm

I'll see if anyone else has them.

Can you give me more info on the mag name, issue, article? I've had
several requests, and I have not the faintest idea how to use one of
those!!

Katie

Old December 6th 04, 06:24 AM
Carla

Thanks for the link. I do like the look/shapes of the ones on that
website, but they're a bit out of price range, for now

The magazine is the January 2005 issue of BeadStyle, and the brooches
are on the cover. The instructions look fairly simple.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Carla

katiewise wrote:
[...]

Help finding beads, please Jalynne Beads 13 July 18th 04 09:08 PM
Help Finding Beads Craftology Beads 5 May 31st 04 06:18 AM
Need help finding some clasps Marissa Undercofler Beads 4 March 25th 04 10:49 PM
HELP!!! I need help finding these. Please.... :) They are and can be beads. Harry Beads 10 February 18th 04 12:52 PM
New finding question Christina Peterson Beads 0 August 30th 03 11:01 PM