Invisible Zipper

Old January 14th 04, 11:51 PM
bogus address

Anyone unfortunate enough to have a new passport without the fancy
encoding will have to buy a US visa which means a fee of GBP67 (over
$120), plus a personal visit to the US embassy, for each and every
person wishing to travel.

Consulates do visas, not embassies. (There is a US Consulate in
Edinburgh but Scotland hasn't quite got to needing an embassy yet).
But I can't imagine ever wanting to visit the US again, given its
present level of official xenophobia.

Another good fabric-related place for a meetup would be Bursa in
Turkey - formerly one of the main markets at the end of the Silk
Route and still has one of the biggest silk markets in the world.
Lots cheaper and less hassle to get to than the USA if you're
starting from Western Europe.

======== Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce ========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.

Old January 15th 04, 01:20 AM
SewStorm

Can't afford it right now, though, unless I get extremely
busy doing draperies, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of the interior
designer.

So, after all that angst about what to charge her, she hasn't even called you?

She might be in a hiatus. My best friend is an interior designer, and if it
ain't done before Christmas, she doesn't do it for a month or so. Hope that's
all that's keeping your local designer from calling you. Otherwise, a pox on
her.

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old January 15th 04, 02:51 AM
melinda

Trish Brown wrote:

That's my bid! I have fond memories of Sr Samaranch announcing that 'Sidony!'
had won the right to host the 2000 Olymic Games: how excellent it would be if we
also hosted the 2004 rcts sew-fest! ;-D

What a brilliant idea Trish! Hey, aren't we in the same sort of area?
I'm in Cardiff, NSW.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old January 15th 04, 08:28 AM
Tatiana

"melinda" wrote in message
Trish Brown wrote:

That's my bid! I have fond memories of Sr Samaranch announcing that

'Sidony!'
had won the right to host the 2000 Olymic Games: how excellent it would

be if we
also hosted the 2004 rcts sew-fest! ;-D

What a brilliant idea Trish! Hey, aren't we in the same sort of area?
I'm in Cardiff, NSW.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

Unfortunately, apart from the time and cost of the trip itself the Ozzy back
is at the moment the strongest currency in the world, i.e. appreciated most
against the green back.

Tatiana (Sydney)

Old January 15th 04, 10:22 PM
Trish Brown

melinda wrote:

Trish Brown wrote:

That's my bid! I have fond memories of Sr Samaranch announcing that 'Sidony!'
had won the right to host the 2000 Olymic Games: how excellent it would be if we
also hosted the 2004 rcts sew-fest! ;-D

What a brilliant idea Trish! Hey, aren't we in the same sort of area?
I'm in Cardiff, NSW.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

YES! G'day Melinda! I'm over in Wallsend - used to go to a riding school in
Wallsend Rd, Cardiff for most of my childhood! Isn't it a small world??? ;-D

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old January 16th 04, 12:54 AM

POssible Meet: Was: Invisible Zipper

(SewStorm)
Cea grumped moodily:
=A0=A0Can't afford it right now, though, unless I get extremely busy
doing draperies, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of the interior
designer.
---
So, after all that angst about what to charge her, she hasn't even
called you?
She might be in a hiatus. My best friend is an interior designer, and if
it ain't done before Christmas, she doesn't do it for a month or so.
Hope that's all that's keeping your local designer from calling you.
Otherwise, a pox on her.
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati
---
No, no call. Just as well, it's taking longer than I thought to
reconfigure my sewing room so I can handle bolts of drapery fabric
without having to man-handle them constantly. I suspect she is trying to
get her shop opened. Whole 'nother story there.
Some of the info I gleaned from www.workroom professionals or an
affiliate did mention how fickle those in the interior design profession
can be, so I was forewarned. I must say, I am heartily sick of thumping
my head on the one window treatment I re-made for her. It's balanced
atop two open cabinet doors just inside my workroom, and I must do the
limbo to get past it. While it is good exercise, I think a 'failure to
pick up mdse. within a reasonable time frame' charge is in order.
To get back to the thread, though. Paris in Nov.--or when?
Let's see... I can give up wine, men, and most of my lavish
lifestyle...eating...if I sell the kids, I think I can swing it.
Question is, can I give up buying fabric??
Cea

Old January 16th 04, 12:58 AM
melinda

Trish Brown wrote:
melinda wrote:

What a brilliant idea Trish! Hey, aren't we in the same sort of area?
I'm in Cardiff, NSW.

YES! G'day Melinda! I'm over in Wallsend - used to go to a riding school in
Wallsend Rd, Cardiff for most of my childhood! Isn't it a small world??? ;-D

Maybe we could, sometime, try for a mini meet?
We're at the bottom of the hill, near the soccer fields.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old January 16th 04, 03:09 AM
Marilyn

Trish Brown wrote:

melinda wrote:

Trish Brown wrote:

That's my bid! I have fond memories of Sr Samaranch announcing that 'Sidony!'
had won the right to host the 2000 Olymic Games: how excellent it would be if we
also hosted the 2004 rcts sew-fest! ;-D

What a brilliant idea Trish! Hey, aren't we in the same sort of area?
I'm in Cardiff, NSW.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

YES! G'day Melinda! I'm over in Wallsend - used to go to a riding school in
Wallsend Rd, Cardiff for most of my childhood! Isn't it a small world??? ;-D

Now, I wish I could go over to Australia for a get together. That would
be a great adventure. Give me a few years. I need to wait until my
kindergartner is in school full time and then get a job again and then
save my money. Hmmm, it could be a while. It's nice to dream though.

Marilyn in Minnesota
(wishing for more snow because we should at least have snow if it is
this cold)