OT SS going to the source

Old January 29th 05, 05:08 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Yes in your former letter yoy described her as an Advanced writer ..
Advances Writer?

May you learn to speak English and comprehend.

It is better to make some mistakes in English , than fail in Being
kind to other humans ,,,,
mirjam

Old January 29th 05, 05:10 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I appologise to you Sally , if my answering Victoria and Elizabeth
Annoys you ,,,
They like to Quibble with me from time to time ,.never mind the
subject ...
mirjam

I am puzzled. I know this is an OT thread (and one I usually jump over
because of its content) but having just read the Quilting Newsgroup
and come out of it with a smile at all the good feelings that abound
there, I wonder why the Needlework group seems to have a continuous
shadow of sniping going on, which somehow leaves an unpleasant taste,
and detracts from all the pleasant postings.

Was this the reason why I opted out from the Group the first time
round. I wonder.

Sally

Old January 29th 05, 06:06 PM
Dr. Brat

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

I haven`t because i am not in the habit of making things up. Life is
interesting and complicated enough without inventing facts .

Yet you accused me (in email, which I have asked you many times not to
send me) of assuming that Rand was Jewish based on her name. I didn't
assume it. It's in her official biography. The time you say she spent
in jail isn't.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old January 29th 05, 06:55 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I haven`t because i am not in the habit of making things up. Life is
interesting and complicated enough without inventing facts .
mirjam

Any you might note, Mirjam, that I am looking and looking to read that
same fact somewhere, but since I can't find it, I can only conclude that
you made it up.

Old January 29th 05, 07:23 PM
Dr. Brat

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Sorry i will resend the post to the NG ,,,,,
and by the way , what is wrong with sending something to your
email,???,

I have asked you not to. I want anything I say to you out here where
others can see it, because you constantly twist my words and claim that
I have said things that I have not. I will not speak with you without
witnesses or at least (because I suspect nobody reads these exchanges)
an archive.

I have found Not found any Written materail saying she was Jewish ,
nore that her name was Rosenbaum ......and as i wrote , even if it was
... this does not say she was Jewish ...
Assuming Somebody is Jewish , because the name `sounds`
Jewish to you,is considered Anti-Semitic .

I already told you. I didn't assume it. You falsely accuse me of
anti-semitism to cover your own laziness in checking the facts.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...aphy/Rand.html
http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/bio/biofaq.html#Q6.9
http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/bio/merrill.html

Try doing a little research instead of making false claims once in a while.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old January 29th 05, 07:43 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old January 29th 05, 08:28 PM
Jenn Liace

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:02:46 GMT, Brenda
wrote:

You'll see there are just a few die-hards left in this argument. Those
of us who haven't a clue what the fight is about are ignoring the
thread. It will pass. As long as it is marked OT, just let it ride
(although it would be nice if the whole Ayn Rand thread would get
renamed--hint, hint!)

Personally, because that particular thread was getting so long and
involved when it was still on topic for the header, I went and put a
killfile on it because I had no interest in the subject. Every couple
days I'll hit Google just to peek and see if it's possibly gone
offcourse to something that I am interested in, so I knew that the
conversation had steered to Ayn Rand, but again not something that
interested me so it's still in the killfile.

Jenn L.
--
http://home.comcast.net/~sewunicorn/
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace

Current projects:
Terry's Garden (Lesa Steele Designs)
Nordic Needle Rose (Silver Lining)
Starry Night (Vincent van Gogh via Cross Stitch Collectibles)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Weight loss to date: 18.5 lbs
Old January 29th 05, 09:15 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Dr. Brat wrote:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...aphy/Rand.html
http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/bio/biofaq.html#Q6.9
http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/bio/merrill.html

Fascinating. Thank you! I've heard her name bandied about on Wis Pub
Radio but never really understood who they were talking about. Haven't
really dug into her philosophy of objectivism grin but have a better
idea of who she is, at least. Never thought to look her up on the web.
Call it a lazy afternoon. :-)

Dianne
--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old January 29th 05, 09:36 PM
Gillian Murray

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
Dr. Brat wrote:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...aphy/Rand.html
http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/bio/biofaq.html#Q6.9
http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/bio/merrill.html

Fascinating. Thank you! I've heard her name bandied about on Wis Pub
Radio but never really understood who they were talking about. Haven't
really dug into her philosophy of objectivism grin but have a better
idea of who she is, at least. Never thought to look her up on the web.
Call it a lazy afternoon. :-)

Dianne
--

I was going to post a "da*n you, Elizabeth" post; I had planned to stitch a
lot this afternoon, then got thinking. I had heard the name Ayn Rand, but

Incidentally, changed the header. I was getting tired of seeing Social
Security on there, especially since I did a rough draft of our tax return,
and 85% of our Social security is being taxed again. Oh for the days when it
maxed out at 50%!!

Gillian

Old January 29th 05, 09:43 PM
Dr. Brat

Dr. Brat wrote:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...aphy/Rand.html
http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/bio/biofaq.html#Q6.9
http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/bio/merrill.html

Fascinating. Thank you! I've heard her name bandied about on Wis Pub
Radio but never really understood who they were talking about. Haven't
really dug into her philosophy of objectivism grin but have a better
idea of who she is, at least. Never thought to look her up on the web.
Call it a lazy afternoon. :-)

I love the World Wide Web. Not all sites are created equal, of course,
but these seemed pretty good. And if the same information is repeated
over and over without anyone disputing it, it's usually a good bet that
it's accurate.

I was going to post a "da*n you, Elizabeth" post; I had planned to stitch a
lot this afternoon, then got thinking. I had heard the name Ayn Rand, but
hadn't a clue who she was, so googled, and have learned a lot about her;
however the stitching never did get done!!

I'm sorry about the stitching, but glad to have provided a bit of
entertainment. I've been working on syllabi. Snow really messed things
up and it turns out I ordered a newer edition of one of my texts and
then forgot that I did it. Boy am I red in the face over that! So I
have to rewrite to reflect the change in schedule because of snow days
AND the different edition. But it's nice to take a quick break and do
something else every hour or so. I'd rather stop to stitch, but then I
never want to go back to working... *grin*

Incidentally, changed the header.

Thank you. I often forget to do that.

Elizabeth

Glass Source Michele Blank Glass 12 July 17th 12 04:39 PM
FS Machine Knitter's Source, MacKnit Magazines ellbee Marketplace 0 April 30th 04 10:21 AM
Great new source for quilt books Betty in Wi Quilting 2 September 19th 03 12:27 PM
coconut fibre source? ms. brookes Jewelry 1 July 26th 03 06:34 PM
Source for jade Peter W. Rowe Jewelry 0 July 13th 03 06:20 PM