OT SS going to the source

Old January 26th 05, 05:06 PM
F.James Cripwell

escape ) writes:

Be angry at your president who disallowed the re-importation of our own drugs
from Canada, who sells them for almost half the price. The whole thing is so
silly. I mean, how rich do people have to be? How much more money does the
drug companies need? Aren't they inventing drugs to help people? Oh, they
aren't. They are inventing so they can get rich and live in towers above the
sick. Don't get me started on the drug companies. I hope you qualify. It's a
nightmare for people to get these expensive drugs.

On-line drug sales from Canada to the USA may well be coming to a
close. It is illegal to dispense such medications without a doctor's
signature, in Canada. Some doctor's have been signing the prescriptions on
the basis that they are doing the right thing, even though they have not
seen the patient in person. There is a law in Canada which says this must
not be done. Now the Canadian authorities are seriously thinking of enforcing
this law. If physcians no longer sign prescriptions for patients they
have not personally seen, then the whole of the internet drug sales between
Canada and the USA will come to a grinding halt.
--
Jim Cripwell.
From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.
Old January 26th 05, 05:39 PM
Brenda

Are prescriptions good for only one year in Canada or can they be used
longer? There are probably some people who would find it worth a trip
to Canada once a year or less to see a physician if that's what it came
to. If the prescription is good for a much shorter time period, then it
would probably be beneficial only to those who already live near the border.

Old January 26th 05, 06:38 PM
Gillian Murray

"escape" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:39:26 GMT, "Gillian Murray"

opined:

Have you ever thought how slanted Public radio is, Dianne?? Generally only
shows one side as far as I can tell. They definitely are not
"honest-truth".

Gillian

Have you ever listened to one minute of Public Radio to make that
assertion?

Yes., many times; otherwise I wouldn't have made the statement!

Old January 26th 05, 07:51 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Ayn Rand was a Nazi supporter , Her books are full, of Nazi
ideaologies .
mirjam

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:45:45 -0600, Dianne Lewandowski
opined:

I listen to a LOT of Wisconsin Public Radio. From midnight until 6 am
it's BBC - which, since I've been ill, I haven't gotten up early enough
to listen. But hubby does on his way home from work. So, we're getting
another perspective in that regard.

Wisconsin Public Radio includes portions of its programs through
National Public Radio. They are not the same thing. In fact, only the
state of Wisconsin has it's *own* public radio.

We have it on from about 7 am until about 7 pm every day. I listen
sporadically as I go about my day.

They have commentators from both sides of the fence. You just have to
listen routinely to get the balance. And on several different program
segments they have two commentators (or more) who stress their sides of
their coins.

So yes, from my perspective, it's quite balanced. I've heard things
that made me want to throw my radio out the window (I don't, I listen),
and things that make me think harder about my own perspective, and
things that vindicate my point of view. I've heard people who have
shouted praises for Ayan Rand. That's definitely not one-liberal-sided.
:-)

Dianne

Ayn Rand, one of our greatest Objectivists of all time. She was a brilliant
person, IMO. I don't agree with all her assertions, but I greatly admire her as
the way she came here was very difficult and at a really hard time to defect.

Old January 26th 05, 07:53 PM
Barbara Thompson

The demand for drugs from Canada by US residents probably outstrips
the amount of drugs that Canadian regulators allow to be inported into
Canada from US. That set up was supposed to take care of Canada
residents with the usual allowance for error. When orders from US
citizens call for more drugs than Canada has to spare, where do the
extra drugs come from. That is what bothers the heck out of me!

Barbara T

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:48:20 GMT, escape
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:08:40 -0500, "Lucille"
opined:

I just sent in a form to Glaxo and I have one waiting to be filled out for
Pfizer and that's what reminded me to mention drug programs. However, I'm
still not sure just how "poor" you must be to quality. But I will take
advantage of anything I can get from the drug thieves. I probably shouldn't
say so but I get some of my necessary, very expensive meds from Canada.
More power to them and to hell with the ratfink drug companies here.

Lucille

Be angry at your president who disallowed the re-importation of our own drugs
from Canada, who sells them for almost half the price. The whole thing is so
silly. I mean, how rich do people have to be? How much more money does the
drug companies need? Aren't they inventing drugs to help people? Oh, they
aren't. They are inventing so they can get rich and live in towers above the
sick. Don't get me started on the drug companies. I hope you qualify. It's a
nightmare for people to get these expensive drugs.

Barbara T

WIP: Superstition Mountains by Jean Lanning,
Misc Christmas ornaments - all 17 done!
http://community.webshots.com/album/233940343JvVAmu
Old January 26th 05, 08:10 PM
Lucille

The company I get my drugs from requires a new prescription every 6 months,
which is the same as the rules here. Whether they are doing that because
they're shipping to the States, or that's their policy for Canadian citizens
I don't know.

Lucille

Old January 26th 05, 08:13 PM
Dr. Brat

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Ayn Rand was a Nazi supporter , Her books are full, of Nazi
ideaologies .

You've made this claim before, but you cannot prove it, because it has
no basis in fact. In fact, Rand was highly critical of Nazism.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old January 26th 05, 08:15 PM
Lucille

You are correct and they can renew several times, even if it's more than 6
months. However, they absolutely can not and will not ship narcotics at
all. Someone I know questioned that when the doctor prescribed a mild
sleeping pill and they no way, not legal. I believe too that this
particular company at one time had a doctor who was living here in Florida
and okayed the scrips. I haven't needed anything new for a while so I'm not
sure how they're handling it now.

What I do know is that there is a difference of about $100 a month on the
two drugs I get that way.

Lucille

"Lucretia Borgia" wrote in message
Are prescriptions good for only one year in Canada or can they be used
longer? There are probably some people who would find it worth a trip
to Canada once a year or less to see a physician if that's what it came
to. If the prescription is good for a much shorter time period, then it
would probably be beneficial only to those who already live near the
border.

They are good for x number of refills, depending on the medication.
Narcotics for example, usually require a prescription each time.

Despite what Jim said, I don't see that happening any time soon.
Politicians are leery of creating loss of business and that is what
they would be doing. The talk is there, but as usual, talk is cheap.
I don't feel Americans using this system should be too worried yet
awhile anyway.

As far as I know, many who live near the borders do come and see a
Canadian doctor from preference. I remember being in Florida and my
husband had left one set of medication behind at home. We spoke to a
pharmacy down there, gave them our doctors number, they called at our
expense and the prescription was in his hands no more than thirty
minutes later. So it is not a new thing for pharmacies to fill
prescriptions either way across the border.

Old January 26th 05, 08:21 PM
Lucille

One of the drugs I get is from Merck's Quebec facility and the other is
from Pfizer's facility in Burlington, so neither of them come from the U.S.
Do you truly think they can't produce enough to go around? These are very
efficient companies that I know can handle the situation without a problem.

These are not things like flu shots that need to be changed every season.
These are drugs that should remain the same from batch to batch and have a
shelf life of several years.

Lucille

Old January 26th 05, 09:25 PM
Dawne Peterson

"escape"
.. The one thing I'll say about Buddhists, we don't try to bring
people to our beliefs. I can talk about them all day long, to anyone who

wants
to know, but I'd never say for anyone to leave their traditions. Some of

the
Buddhist tenets can be applied to all other faiths. We all want to be

happy and we all want to be better people. That is the same for all
faiths...at least in
my understanding.

His Holiness The Dalai Lama always tells people during public talks that

it's
much better for people to stick with their own religions and traditions.

Adding
to one's own religion some of the ideas is not a bad thing. Buddhists

use a lot
of the stories of Jesus to teach us how to be.

IMHO, one only has to see the face of the Dalai Lama, who has the most
wonderful smile after all that life has put in his way, to see that he is a
teacher of wisdom, whatever path one is walking on.
Dawne

Glass Source Michele Blank Glass 12 July 17th 12 04:39 PM
FS Machine Knitter's Source, MacKnit Magazines ellbee Marketplace 0 April 30th 04 10:21 AM
Great new source for quilt books Betty in Wi Quilting 2 September 19th 03 12:27 PM
coconut fibre source? ms. brookes Jewelry 1 July 26th 03 06:34 PM
Source for jade Peter W. Rowe Jewelry 0 July 13th 03 06:20 PM