Another Towne Purse

Old May 5th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default Another Towne Purse

I used to belong to the Yahoo group, but it was just too active to keep up.
Even on digest. The bags are really cute though. I seem to have a penchant
for collecting purse patterns lately. Just bought another one today! (I
forget the name of it...Sunday something.) Sheesh!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Pati Cook" wrote in message
ink.net...
If you join the yahoo group you can see all the photos that have been
posted of many different versions of many different bags. G
There is a link on the Lazy Girl website to a vendor, but you should also
be able to get them from your LQS. They are distributed by several of the
main suppliers. Joan is really good about listing the sizes of the bags on
the covers too.

I have made several, including: Towne, Veronica, Purr-Snickities, Summer
and Gracie. Have the Chloe, Wonder Wallet, Chelsea and City Bag patterns
to make up soon. G (May have another one or two, but can't remember at
the moment.)

The Summer bag makes up really fast. I will be teaching that one next
month at the shop. G

Pati, in Phx

Sandy wrote:
In article . net,
"Debi Matlack" wrote:

Jumping in here, because I love the LGD patterns. Sandy, if you're
looking for a good size without being too large, the Summer Tote may be
what you'd like. Someday I'll finish making mine, but it has languished,
neglected in favor of wedding quilt and baby quilt. A good craft tote is
the Whimsy Bag, with lots of pockets inside and out and a good sized
center area for stuffing full of whatever you want to carry.
--
Debi

Gosh, there are so many to choose from! Where do you get to see these
made up, so a decision is easier??? And do you order the patterns direct
from Lazy Girls, or do you get them somewhere local?

Old May 5th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

I've made several Whimsy bags - love 'em!
--
Donna in Idaho

"Debi Matlack" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jumping in here, because I love the LGD patterns. Sandy, if you're looking
for a good size without being too large, the Summer Tote may be what you'd
like. Someday I'll finish making mine, but it has languished, neglected in
favor of wedding quilt and baby quilt. A good craft tote is the Whimsy
Bag, with lots of pockets inside and out and a good sized center area for
stuffing full of whatever you want to carry.
--
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

"Sandy" wrote in message

Thanks, Pati! I may just explore what patterns she has and make myself a
summer bag. I just finished one (not a Lazy), but I don't think it's big
enough for an all-purpose bag. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) embarqmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)

Old May 5th 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

Looks like the Summer bag would be great for airplane travel. Looks like
what I've been looking for - especially since you say it makes up fast. I
like fast!
--
Donna in Idaho

"Pati Cook" wrote in message
ink.net...
If you join the yahoo group you can see all the photos that have been
posted of many different versions of many different bags. G
There is a link on the Lazy Girl website to a vendor, but you should also
be able to get them from your LQS. They are distributed by several of the
main suppliers. Joan is really good about listing the sizes of the bags on
the covers too.

I have made several, including: Towne, Veronica, Purr-Snickities, Summer
and Gracie. Have the Chloe, Wonder Wallet, Chelsea and City Bag patterns
to make up soon. G (May have another one or two, but can't remember at
the moment.)

The Summer bag makes up really fast. I will be teaching that one next
month at the shop. G

Pati, in Phx

Old May 5th 07, 10:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Donna, I think the most difficult part of the Summer Tote is fusing the
fabrics together. G
Once that is done and the cutting is done it is straight along sewing.

Have fun,
Pati, in Phx

Old May 5th 07, 10:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

KJ wrote:
I used to belong to the Yahoo group, but it was just too active to keep up.
Even on digest. The bags are really cute though. I seem to have a penchant
for collecting purse patterns lately. Just bought another one today! (I
forget the name of it...Sunday something.) Sheesh!

Could you tell me what the name of the Yahoo Group is, so I can find it.

Thanks

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old May 5th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Donna Aten" wrote:

Looks like the Summer bag would be great for airplane travel. Looks like
what I've been looking for - especially since you say it makes up fast. I
like fast!
--
Donna in Idaho

LOL! Don't we all, Donna? G

Old May 5th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well, I might like the idea of it, but I never seem to achieve it g
..
In message
,
Sandy writes
LOL! Don't we all, Donna? G

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old May 5th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susie

The Lazy Girl Designs yahoo group is he
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LazyGirlDesigns/
I love that group! I've learned so much.
Here are the Towne purses I have made along with a Summer tote, a Wonder
Wallet
and a few purses from her new BOLD BAGS BOOK.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/susies19...60762338676211
Joan is a wonderful gal. She is very helpful and I just LOVE her patterns.
Here is her website:
http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/
Here is her blog:
http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/
Susie

Old May 5th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Susie wrote:
The Lazy Girl Designs yahoo group is he
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LazyGirlDesigns/
I love that group! I've learned so much.
Here are the Towne purses I have made along with a Summer tote, a Wonder
Wallet
and a few purses from her new BOLD BAGS BOOK.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/susies19...60762338676211
Joan is a wonderful gal. She is very helpful and I just LOVE her patterns.
Here is her website:
http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/
Here is her blog:
http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/
Susie

Could you tell me what the name of the Yahoo Group is, so I can find it.
Thanks
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Thanks - I am dazzled by all those bags - where to start!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old May 6th 07, 10:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

i actually have several patterns but have never gotten round to making one
of hers i have: the gracie (of course LOL), the townie purse (keep on
forgetting to buy zips) the duffel bags, whimsey and soemthing else

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Purse HELP Brenda[_2_] Yarn 12 March 17th 07 12:20 AM
Book Purse Diane General Crafting 0 February 11th 05 12:59 PM
Bookcover Purse? Otsinekwar General Crafting 1 August 18th 04 07:59 PM
Silk purse. Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 8 July 12th 04 06:07 PM
looking for purse fabric M Soranno Quilting 2 June 2nd 04 08:11 PM