All set for the weekend :-)

Old August 4th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default All set for the weekend :-)

Hi group,

It's a long weekend where I live, and I'm looking forward to it. 4:30
cannot come fast enough (and it's only 9am!).

I'm pretty excited because I have a bunch of new materials. I was so
busy working on my research paper that I didn't have time to bead at
all last weekend. My order from The Beading Room
(http://www.thebeadingroom.com) came and now I can finally start on
something with all the sterling silver findings I bought as well as
beads.

A couple of weekends ago I also took back my unopened packages of Blue
Moon Beads to Michaels (yay!). My first lampwork purchase from
JustBeads arrived on Monday. They're so pretty! They're black and
white, but the black looks like a deep purple instead. Here's the goofy
thing - those beads cost just a little more than the Blue Moon beads
and they feel so much nicer. I also bought both SoftFlex and Beadalon
49. I really like SoftFlex better, I think. So far anyway :-)

The thing I'm going to complete this weekend is a green multi-strand
necklace. BTW, I know I owe people some emails, so I'll try to get
caught up on that this weekend too. I only have three more art classes
to go; my final is on August 15th.

Best,
Christine

Old August 4th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Sounds like fun, Christine.

Let us know what you make.

-Su

Old August 4th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Rock ON, Christine! Bead first, email 2nd. Indulge. Create. You
NEED it.

Let us know how it feels.

`````````````````````````````````````

(

Old August 5th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Can't wait to see the results from your beading weekend!

Have fun!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

oups.com...

Old August 5th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

I certainly will Su. I have a bunch of things to photograph, so
hopefully I'll get around to that as well :-) I sorted all the green
beads last night, I think I might need to buy more.

Best,
Christine

Su wrote:
Sounds like fun, Christine.

Let us know what you make.

-Su

Old August 5th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Thanks Dr. Sooz :-) So true...I spend all week going to school and
working, and all I would really like to do is bead away. I spend most
of my time at the computer (because of work) and it's so wonderfully
selfish to just string beads. Indulge indeed. I hope you have a good
weekend too!

Best,
Christine

Old August 5th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

Christine, I can't wait to see what you make! You're right; artisan
beads do just *feel* so much nicer. It's a real treat to touch them. I
have a lot of beads I've bought from other artists over the years, and I
love to bring them out and fondle them, and even more, I love wearing
the jewelry I've made from them!

http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.bridgetownglass.com
On eBay: http://www.snurl.com/1sfe
Old August 7th 06, 08:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

You mention the price thing. I'm so used to getting things on line or from
catalogues in bulk that I really have to go to a bead store and look to know
what current bead prices are. But you're absolutely correct. For the price
of a few beads of lesser quality in a bead store or from a place like
Michael's, you can get real artisan beads on eBay or JustBeads. I
especially like JustBeads because they are not so overwhelming.

Tina

Hi group,